Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a really hard time with my Flowerbomb perfume. I never really loved it, I only kind of liked it. My kids were so done with me wearing Angel, that they urged my Mom to buy it for me, for Christmas, because they knew I had mentioned it, as a possible replacement. So, my confusion started there. What was this? Did I like it or hate it? Flowerbomb obviously is a unique fragrance with so many layers. Some people pick up a scent, so strongly & others don't pick that scent up at all! It's so strange & unique. I guess that would be because everyone's body chemistry is different, so that's why they're smelling different things. It just baffles me, how the range is so different...

Personally, I've always picked up Patchouli & a deep vanilla/amber mix, but a bit powdery after an hour or so. The patchouli scent is the one I personally hits you in the face & the others just linger. This is a scent, that doesn't go away. You know how when you're wearing a scent, after about 20 min or so, you stop smelling it, because you've gotten used to it? It isn't until someone mentions it, that you remember you're wearing it. Well, this is not the case, here! You smell it the entire time, you're wearing it! It NEVER goes away. When you walk, it follows you and leaves a path of scent. I can literally find my teenage daughter, when she's wearing this, by following the scent! It lingers, ooh does it linger! If you spray it on your clothing, it stays until you wash them in the washing machine! I've literally heard women at my gym, get asked to not ever wear it again, to the gym by the manager, because it gives so many people a headache. (True Story) When i heard that happen the first time, that's when I knew I probably needed to own it. lol! This perfume has properties that all those drug store, Pop Star, perfumes have. (Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, One Direction..) They all have that same weird scent. But, the main difference is that those drug store perfumes wear off quickly..

I'm now at the point, where I think my kids were with my Angel (Thierry Mugler) perfume... I CAN'T STAND IT! It won't go away, I can't finish the bottle, I don't want my daughter wearing it, because I have to smell it.. I've been spraying it in the weirdest places, where a scent was needed (Dog mishaps, son's super smelly room, shoes, bball gear, and the strangest place~ INSIDE THE GARBAGE CAN, before I put the bag in)😂😂😂

Flowerbomb: Oh how you remind me of the late 80's, early 90's.. You remind me of Stetson Cologne, that all the boys wore my senior year. You remind me of that party I went to with my cousin, when I first realized she was indeed a stoner. You remind me of the MANY MANY perfumes I had in high school, particularly one by Paloma Picasso, also as strong as the original Liz Claiborne, or part of one called Bijan (just one layer of Flowerbomb, though)..

There's a bunch of things it reminds me of. There's a bunch of things it smells like. There's just a whole lot of mystery and confusion with this long-lasting, will never go away, scent! Is it a hippy incense scent? A cheap mens cologne? A teenager trying to make a statement and find their "Signature Scent?" At the end of the day, Perfume is personal taste, it's scent is different on everyone & there's no way that one perfume is going to be perfect for everyone! This is an expensive perfume. I HIGHLY recommend buying a rollerball, a mini or getting some samples, before committing to the full size or you may end up spraying in garbage cans and bathrooms, like I'm doing, because I feel bad throwing it out!

Flowerbomb is not for me. I think at this point, my kids would love to have Angel back! Try it for yourself. You, too might end up writing a huge review, that just goes in circles and tells you nothing, because it has now confused you! One thing I can you, for certain is, Spicebomb for men is fantastic!!!! I absolutely LOVE that cologne! It is so mysterious, sexy and sweet! I would take Spicebomb over Flowerbomb any day of the week! It's like cinnamon & red hots, having a party in your nose! It's amazing!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This scent is rather intense, and a little goes a long way. I get vanilla, deep florals, and patchouli from this. Maybe even a slight bit of incense with a powdery touch. It is a little bit sweet, but not at all in a cheap body splash kind of way...probably because it is a "well-balanced" scent, in my opinion. I like it a lot, and this is coming from someone who dislikes scents that are really sweet. To me, this is a unique scent that is quite difficult to describe, which gives it a "mysterious" feel. There's something about it that grows on you even more each time you wear it, although I liked it since I first tried it.

I don't understand the what all the hype is about this fragrance. To me, there is nothing individual about it. There are so many perfumes out on the market that smell exactly the same. (Both Taylor Swift perfumes, Britanny Spears, Sophia Vergara, Queen Latifah, Katy Perry Pink Sugar, so many Bath and Body Works fragrances, the list goes on). The only thing that that stands out is the hefty price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Omg i love this perfume! I can't afford to buy it for myself right now, but i am literally drooling over it! It is pricey, but when you have the money, I'd say buy it for yourself seeing as it's so beautiful and placed in several top perfumes lists recently. Can't wait to have it for myself!

Edit: of my entire perfume collection, this is in my top five. I understand that a lot of people are buying it for the hype or because they think it's going to be nice. But honestly. Hype may make something but seriously... never buy unless you like it, or love it! Yes, this may not smell exactly like its name, but i like it because of the long lasting, original and beautiful smell. (And yes, the bottle is so adorable. i had to have it!)

on 1/30/2016 9:52:00 PM

This fragrance baffles me. It reminds of the awful Britney Spears fragrance I got for my 16th birthday yet people from their 20s-40s seem to be all over this. It smells so sickly sweet and basic. It doesn't feel like this fragrance is well thought out or worth the high price tag. An explosion of various flowers is so overwhelming. I like my fragrances to be a beautiful blend of various notes, so that people smell it and feel intrigued, not 'how many different flowers can I wear at once?'

I mean, I must be in the minority because so many people love it. But I was in a department store with my best friend, and I sprayed some on a card for her. She was equally appalled and couldn't understand the popularity of this overly sweet sugar liquid. Some of the spritz got on her sleeve and she complained the whole walk home how it lingered and she couldn't stand it.

It's not that I don't like sweet fragrances. My sister was wearing Juicy Couture and it smelled gorgeous on her-that's a very sweet fragrance. I just really cannot stand the lack of complexity here. I feel like it smells the same on everyone and it gives me a headache.

The packaging is totally cute though. I'm quite happy to let this sit on my mantle.

I'm currently on my second bottle of this perfume. I would never of bought it for myself because I really am not a fan of floral fragrances. I usually find them to be far too overpowering and one of those scents that really stays in your nose. But I had this bought as a Christmas gift last year and it is now my favourite every day scent.

I don't know where the name came from because to me, there is nothing flowery about it, instead it is a sweet almost sweet-shop smell. Its great for every day use and I often get people asking me what I'm wearing.

The packaging is so cute, the bottle is shaped like a little hand grenade and this means it is really easy to grip when actually spraying it as I often find it a bit tricky to spray towards me without tipping it upside down with taller bottles.

It always lasts all day and I can usually smell it on my clothes when I take them off at the end of the day although it never smells overpowering.

The only negative is that I never want to throw the bottle away when its empty!

on 12/28/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time i heard the name of this perfume, i wasn't interested (I don't like florals). Then i smelled this amazing fragrance on a sales associate and when she told me it was Flowerbomb, i had to try it. So i got a sample and fell in love. It doesn't smell very floral to me, so calling it "Flowerbomb" is a misnomer in my opinion, and probably turns off other people who don't like florals (like me, hah).
The initial first spraying (top notes) is my least favorite stage, as i can smell the earthy patchouli, and it almost smells powdery on me, like the scent of an 80's hair spray lol. That's strange because patchouli is actually listed as one of the base notes but i smell it first. Luckily this doesn't last long, as the middle stage and dry down are my favorite, because then it becomes this rich gourmand fragrance, somewhat chocolate-y/vanilla and this is where i can smell the floral slightly and the citrus, as it just has the amazing blend of all three. I get more compliments on Flowerbomb than any other perfume i've owned. It also lasts a really long time on me; i can spray it in the evening and still smell it the next day. Which is good, as it's relatively rather pricey. Love!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially heard about Flowerbomb after I heard an Owl City song (If My Heart Was A House). I decided to go out and give it a sniff. I was so intrigued by it because I usually hate floral scents, but there is something about this one. It is so fresh and luxurious, definitely not a grandma floral. It is almost a sophisticated candy/gourmand scent with a hint of floral, depth and freshness all at once. It gives you this 'aura' of scent around you. I always get compliments and I get asked what I'm wearing! After about two years of testing and contemplation I finally picked this up! I love this perfume. It's one of the few perfumes that I didn't get sick of after years of smelling it over and over. I purchased the small refillable (22ml) size for $35 CAD at Sephora, so it wasn't too much of a splurge.

TLDR; Hands-down best perfume for me. I never get sick of it.

on 12/29/2015 6:05:00 PM

I thought I truly LOVED this after buying a mini a few years ago and only smelling it in the bottle. Today I actually wore a small amount on the sternum and neck to work. No compliments, which doesn't really mean anything. Still I felt like it was a bit over the top, and I would probably not wear to work again. It's a conservative environment. I enjoyed it throughout the day but not as much as I had thought.
I will try again, perhaps applying in a different place and on a day off. I would have to say it smells rather artificial. 3.5 stars if I could.
Despite its' popularity, I wonder if this will still be in production in another 10 years.

on 12/13/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay, I actually do like the smell but it is very overwhelming! It is very powerful and strong. To me this smells more chocolatey then florally. Even tho I do like the scent, because it's so strong I prolly wouldn't use this as my everyday perfume.

Popular Fragrances