Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.9

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/9/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cream so much! I warm it between my fingers and pat it on. I am 45 and was told the other day I looked 35. That hasn't happened in a very long time for me! Lotsa moisture! As I said, make sure and warm it and pat it.

on 3/13/2010 11:35:00 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with the reviewers who found the texture odd/sticky, and it takes a bit of time/finesse to pat it in (as opposed to simply slapping on your typical cream or lotion moisturizer. And the price...geez...

But it works! I have dry skin, made even flakier by using Tazorac. This really does away with the flakes. I like to use it over a serum (currently Olay Regenerist, but I switch around), as it helps hold in more moisture.

Since you only need a little bit, the jar should last for a good while.

on 1/16/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Extra Moisturizing Balm (without SPF).
I wanted something without SPF chemicals, so gave this a try.
Excellent for dry and mature skin. The texture is extremely thick and
tacky and you just put a little bit on with a patting action. The mild
rosemary scent goes away quickly. Within a minute or so, cream
seems to spread out and soften on your skin. Makes a good eye
cream, night cream, by itself in daytime as a treatment on no-makeup
days, or for extra moisture under a daytime moisturizer.
I currently use Clinique's DDML moisturizer over it, and then BB's
Luminous Foundation (has no SPF) - impressive moist luminous
results! Pricey but worth it. 2 thumbs up.

on 10/31/2009 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I'm not giving this 5 lipsticks is because it has the most bizarre texture I've ever come across. No matter what I do to 'warm' the product on my fingers the application is not smooth, it's like putting a tacky glue on your face. I have been trying different ways to apply because once it's on my face the things it does to my skin overnight is worth the aggravation.

I have tried patting it on in places waiting for it to soak up a little and that worked ok. I found if I put a little Cetaphil cream on my face first it went on smoothly. And I found the results to be even better the next morning.

I am extremely, insanely dry, even in the summer and I'm in Chicago so it's not a desert climate! I have to say this product is the most expensive skincare/makeup product I have ever purchased but it really is worth it for me. I hate the extra work it takes to apply but the results are worth it.

on 1/28/2010 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One word - WOW. I purchased this at a BB counter after switching to winter products for my dry, combo, flaky skin. To be honest if I had realised it costed 55 before it was through the till I would not have bought it but I'm so glad I did !!! From first application my skin loved it - my flakys were gone in the morning and my redness reduced. After a week I have found my bumps (from irritation not spots) have reduced significantly and I am very excited to see what my skin will look like with continued use. I have found I can only use this at night as it does make my make up slide but this is great as will mean the jar will last twice as long !!! I slather it on and wake up more beautiful than the day before ! What more could you ask !!

I was really excited to buy this balm. I was not disappointed but use it slightly differently than I thought I would. I use "save me" by philosophy at night which gives your face a tacky dry feeling. This does not go well over that. It is too hard to spread it. I use shiseido bio-performance over that and it counteracts the terrible dryness. Anyway, I use this over the Shiseido emulsion with spf during the day. I put just a bit over dry areas and it adds a bit extra moisture and plump. I would not say that its a necessity with my particular skin but its nice to have. If I didn't have to use retinol at night to keep breakouts at bay, I would use this over a light moisturizer to help it blend.

on 1/23/2009 11:44:00 AM

LOVE THIS! This is the only thing that has saved my skin this winter from dryness. I use it over my regular moisturizer, and it works wonders. Like another reviewer said, you need to take a little and work it between your fingers before you press it into the skin. If you try to rub, it has too much drag. It's very rich but absorbs nicely, so I'll definitely be re-purchasing but it'll be a while before I run out!

Like other reviewers have already pointed out, this seems to dry a shade darker so you might want to lighten it up. I am Beige in BB foundation and L2M in the tinted moisturizer but Light in this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry, rosacea-prone skin and was really excited to try this. I love Bobbi's Eye Balm and Balm Rinse cleanser so had high hopes for this moisturizer. However, despite the fact that I'm very dry, it was REALLY heavy. I emulsified and everything before putting it on but it just felt really really heavy on my face (actually the same way La Mer felt on my skin - yuck.) The SA at the BB counter told me that the SPF 25 version of this balm is much lighter because it's water based due to the sunscreen. She gave me a sample of it and I like it much much better. I will be exchanging my regular one for the SPF 25!

I have this balm in the non-SPF version. Like most reviewers, I think this is really thick and even hard to spread. Most nights I find this a little too heavy by itself, but honestly it is the BEST thing to mix (about half and half) with another lotion (like Cetaphil or Neutrogena). It makes the lotion a lot more emollient and a little heavier, but not too heavy. It also makes it SO much easier to spread.

Love this. Bobbi Brown's Extra Moisturizing Balm changed my skin completely. My skin borders on dry to extra dry and the balm can be used to cover my entire face before makeup or just patted onto dry areas after makeup. This moisturizer is truly very very dense, so the secret is to warm it up in your fingertips and press it to the skin. Don't try to rub it, because it will pull. It's a great base for makeup and plumps up my skin for a healthy glow!!