Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
Gel EyelinerGel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great lasting power. I adore this product.

I use the BB eyelining brush and can even get a smoky look, or a defined look. Definitely worth trying if you're looking for a long lasting eyeliner.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eyeliner. I have always wanted to use liquid or pen/felt tip eyeliners (I tried to like Stila's pen form eyeliner) because of the great pigmentation and smoothness, but I just couldn't get good at applying it. This is amazing pigmentation and so easy to use. I use an angled eyeliner brush and it's perfect for tightlining the upper lids if you want a natural look or as a regular eyeliner. I bought Sephora brand gel eyeliner in the little pot thinking it would be a cheaper option but it dried up super fast. I find this lasts ages and mine hasnt dried up, I had my first pot for over two years. I love the packaging and I think for what it is and how much the price is decent for high end makeup (the stila pen liner was $25 and it had way less product). I purchased at Nordstrom for $26 USD. Super smooth application and lasts until you take it off!!!

on 4/30/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bobbi Brown Long wear gel eye liner is a cult! It is the best eye liner in the market; it has many natural shade options, it is easy to apply, long lasting and pigmentation is rich! However, in addition to all these advantages, it has no parabens which is great but it dries very quickly even you cover it very well. It is getting drying every time you open it and you should turn it down every time you open it while you are applying it to your eyes. It should not contact with air. This is why I have two boxes very little used at home because of it dries out very quickly which is frustrating me!
I use another product for daily use and I use Bobbi Brown gel eye liner only for spacial occasions not to open it frequently!

on 4/25/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For the longest time, I thought I didn't know how to use this product. But after reading a few of the reviews, it finally dawned on me that my pot is probably too old.... I have this in Sepia Ink, and it is really, really, super, super dry. But since it was like my most expensive eyeliner ever, I thought it's me. Super difficult to apply, tugs at the eyelid, clumps up on the brush. After a while I started working with a wetted brush, which works much better, but still not good enough for a highend eyeliner.

on 4/2/2016 10:33:00 PM

I have used a wide array of eyeliners in my life but now primarily stick to pen liners for pigment/staying power/usability.

This liner was pretty disappointing considering the price and the fact that it performs quite similarly to Loreal's infallible gel liner (for a fraction of the price). Compared to Mac Fluidline, this is definitely more moist and pigmented.

The color was pretty pigmented, but I definitely had to go over the line a couple times at least to get a pronounced black line.

The smudging! Oh, the smudging. I had raccoon eyes at the end of the day every time I used this(with and without waterlining). I also use a primer(UD) every time I wear any eye makeup.

I'd say: stick to a cheaper drugstore alternative.

on 3/24/2016 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my go to eyeliner. I use the caviar ink eyeliner as it's a little darker than the espresso ink one without being full on black. It can be a little difficult to apply as it dries too quickly, but on the other hand it stays in place even when I've fallen asleep with it on. It does require the right brush to apply. It is also very expensive ($26 for a pot at Sephora), which makes it a deal breaker for most. If I didn't love the staying power I would not continue buying it, but I do wish that the product didn't dry so quickly!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So the first time I purchased this( a couple of years ago now), I absolutely loved it! It lasted me an entire year, I used it every day and it didn't dry out at all. I re-purchased it once it ran out because I felt the price was justified since it lasted soooo long.
When I repurchased it however I was really disappointed. I don't know whether they've changed the formula or something but it dried out sooo quickly I didn't even get halfway through the tub before it was unusable. It's pricey so I expect it to last. Thinking maybe I just got a bad batch I repurchased and again it dried up super quick.

The eye liner itself is really nice. I didn't find it to smudge which was a big pro, its very pigmented and really easy to use with the Bobbi Brown eye liner brush. It glides on effortlessly.

Purely based on the way it looks on the eyes I'd say it's the best I've used, however I've stopped purchasing as I can't afford to spend that much on it for it to dry up so quickly.

on 1/20/2016 3:02:00 AM

I am obsessed with this liner. Looks beautiful on me ,easy to use and works for the daytime.Definitely a thumbs up, must try!

Bought this with high hopes as I've always had a problem where almost all eyeliners I've tried smudged on me. This, was no different. Yes, it's very pigmented and glides on smoothly and despite me "setting" the product with powder, it still transferred and left me looking panda-eyed within two hours of application. Will not repurchase.

on 9/1/2015 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product!
Good texture , good staying power .
I apply it with my MAC 266 brush.