Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.3

First sniff from the bottle i purchased on ebay....old, 70's (actually the 80's I believe). But i went for it and wore it out to our favorite sports bar & grill. something about it faintly reminded me of Fifi...a spice maybe...but I later compared notes and they have nothing in common. Then there is the mint. I think I'm diggin' mint in a fragrance, because I get the same reaction when my BF wears Very Irresistible for Men, which also has mint leaves. Its not a note that is there all the time, but catching that occassional whiff of mint brings my attention back to the fragrance as a whole. Hmmm...an interesting wear...I think I like it :)

on 6/25/2006 2:38:00 PM

Competely horrid - sharp, nasty, cheap smelling then eventually after some hours fades to a sort of poor man's Shalimar - would never ever buy.

on 5/26/2006 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this has been discontinued. It is dirt cheap so stock up. I got this unsniffed and it's amazing. Sexy, rich and a little sweet(in a good way not a foody sweet). Great for the warmer months.

on 5/11/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Just arrived yesterday. First sniff, I thought I had made a mistake. Seemed powdery and non-descript. Then as it began to dry down (about an hour or more), I started to smell a lovely, soft, feminine scent - not a floral, nor a green or an oriental, but just a warm skin - clean and dressed up... black pantsuit with a lacy camisole scent. VERY appealing. Will be a favorite for work.

I also noticed this morning that it was to be found at a very reasonable price at Overstock.com

Wish I'd seen THAT a bit sooner.

SpinDiva

A very happy discovery at an airport duty-free (of all places), where it was on sale. I'd heard good things about Ms. Biagiotti, and so tried Roma. In my harried state, it instantly reminded me of La Perla Eclix, but that initial impression was way too simple. Roma could be mistaken for a gourmand, but it's also many other things: an oriental (vanilla, amber), a chypre (oakmoss), a fruity-floral (grapefruit, blackcurrant/carnation, jasmine). The heart note of mint gives it an unusual coolness, almost like mint toothpaste on my chemistry, but have no fear... that quickly warms up into the comforting powder everyone below is raving about. Roma is being discounted to an amazing value online. Snag it now before this hidden gem disappears forever!

on 5/12/2006 11:30:00 PM

I have had a love affair with this perfume since high school. One of my dear friends from Rome (I know, too convenient) sent me a mini, and I became obsessed. It was not yet available in the US, or at least in my home town, so I had to wait until I actually went back to Italy to get more. Perhaps the fact that it was new, and so many women in Rome were actually wearing it, fixed the (very literal) association between name of fragrance and city. To this day, it is still at the top of my list. I've never noticed the citrus/bergamot (I love both)...though grapefruit is a distinct possibility... nor do I get the mint; this is creamy amber, balsam, (cedar?), and something floral. (I honestly can't identify the floral, but it's there, part of the overall texture.) The other reviewers who described this as warm and cuddly are dead on. This is a fall/winter perfume; it only works as a summer perfume if you live in the deep south, and have the balmy, heavy night air to complement it. I simply can't praise it enough.

on 4/14/2006 10:38:00 PM

One of my all time favourites. I kinda miss it, I'm thinking of buying it again. So rich and warm, great for winter and evening. Not for the faint of heart.

on 1/16/2006 2:13:00 PM

One of the most surprising fragrances, and one of the only two citrus-dominated scents in my collection. I discovered Roma a while back, long before I knew that I abhorred citrus in fragrances. It starts off very lively with bergamot, mint and grapefruit. I actually don't find it to be too sharp on my skin, even in the beginning. The jasmine here is very soft and does not dominate the other notes. Vanilla, even though one of the base notes, gives the fragrance a soft, sensual aura from beginning to end. Eventually it ends up as a warm, soft grapefruit-tinged skin scent. This has been discontinued, but you can still buy Roma on Scentiments.com. Notes: sicilian bergamot, mint rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, patchouli, oakmoss, amberigis and vanilla.

Roma is a recent favorite. I first tried this in a mini form last year; I was attracted by the name and the bottle, frankly. As an old Latinist, I figured I really ought to keep this in my collection, so I eventually bit and bought a full bottle. Roma opens with a bracing shot of grapefruit, black currant bud, and mint. The mint can be pretty strong, but it's something that I like the more I smell it. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has grown on me considerably. As it develops on the skin, Roma seems to go through a classical drydown. There is a balsamic blend that hovers in the background, adding a subtle complexity to this scent, very reminiscent of the sensual balsamic accord in Shalimar. According to Laura Biagiotti, Roma's balsamic blend, which contains N African myrrh, Siamese ambergris and vanilla, is similar to a mixture actually used by ancient Roman women. When I wear Roma, I really can imagine I'm wending my way to the Colosseum all lit up at night, or feeling the coolness of the Pantheon's interior on a clear spring day. Roma reflects the invigorating excitement and opulence of the eternally ancient city whose name it shares. Brava, Ms Biagiotti!

on 11/7/2005 5:50:00 PM

Fresh but deep and sensual. This is such a wonderful fragrance which reminds me of summer but it's just as good as a winter fragrance. There something very special about this one, it's very sharp (but pleasant) when you put it on but it develops wonderfully.

Popular Fragrances