Murad Acne Complex

Murad Acne Complex

2.3

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 5/7/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My parents first got me this when I was about 14, It was ok but I didn't take it serious because I was young and embarrassed. I decided to get it again two years later because I wanted to give it another shot after I bought tons of products that just didn't work for me. This system is by far the best I've ever used! I have oily acne prone skin (mainly forehead and nose), and for me, it's hard to find products that help control that. I absolutely LOVE this system! It can be expensive though but it is totally worth it! I'm glad I decided to give it another try. I know I'm kinda young and I'm just growing up so acne is common but with this, I actually feel confident and just happy about my skin. I don't not recommend for dry sensitive skin though because it is made to dry up oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was really excited when I got this product! My thoughts were: "Yay, I'll finally have clear skin!" Yeah... my skin never became clear.. in fact, it became worse. THANK GOD I only bought the 35 dollar trial kit because the actual thing is about 100 bucks right?! AH! Anyways, this stuff irritated my face like crazy. It honestly looked like a war zone. My skin 'purged' as Dr. Howard Murad said it would, except it never got better. I would actually wake up to more blemishes! I stopped using it after like 3 weeks and whaddaya know my skin went back to normal. Sigh.

I actually saw significant results using this system! I understand all the negative reviews this is getting, because the first 2 weeks using this I absolutely hated it. First 2 weeks I experienced itching, dry patches, red inflamed skin that I mistook for an allergic reaction! The instructions did say that your skin will "purge" before seeing any results and because I was already kicking myself in the butt for how expensive it was I decided to wait another week. This time I used the acne treatment gel once a day instead of twice a day and swapped the acne lotion( don't care much for the lotion) for my origins cream which I thought was more moisturizing. By the 4th week all my active breakouts were gone! Only thing I needed was something for my acne scars. I definitely recommend this product if you are a patient person... no acne system will give you results over night! I recommend this! It might work for you!

on 6/2/2012 6:22:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!! this is the worst decision ive ever made. I had read all of the negative comments but decided to try it anyway. I woke up with a severe allergic reaction. It made my eyes swell up and my face was red, burning, itching, and covered in hives. This did not just happen to me, it happened to many people I know as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, I'm really surprised at all the negative reviews. Well, here was my experience with it, take it with a grain of salt if you will :)

So last year, my skin started to go through this really weird phase. I started breaking out REALLY bad at the end of the summer; painful cystic acne and if I picked they looked like the ugliest wounds... I looked like a tweaker lol. Then, as the fall and winter arrived, my skin got dry too! Before this, my skin has always been extremely oily, with occasional breakouts that I could usually manage. This was the first time I had ever had dry skin, tight and flaky patches here and there, PLUS the ugly breakouts. So in January I tried out the Clarisonic with disastrous results...ugh. I returned it and decided to try this set.

I will probably agree that this can be a very drying regimen, however for me, I just continued to moisturize after washing with the Korres yoghurt moisturizer for oily dehydrated skin, and on occasion also the Murad lotion from the set. My skin started to heal about a week and half in. I was completely clear about a month or two after I started and I have been 95% clear ever since then. I finished the mini size in the set, and bought a full size set. When i finished the cleanser in that set, I bought the full size bottle of cleanser. This stuff really worked for me.

I like that you only need a LITTLE bit to wash your face each time, about maybe the size of a dime. This full size bottle will probably last me a really long time. I didnt realize how little you need when I was first using this, hence I went through the trial sizes a little quick. The same goes for the Acne gel as well; just a little bit spreads all over your face. The sulfur spot treatment is really nice too. I liked that I could use this with the salicyclic acid products in the set. I read on CosmeticsCop that you shouldn't use Benzoyl Peroxide products directly after a BHA product (salicyclic acid) because they neutralize the effects of each other. I did not really use the clarifying toner, I have my own toner from Paula's Choice that works really well for me.

So far I have been very happy with this group of products. I sometimes still use BP products, but I only use them at night and I make sure not to put the acne gel on that night.

I would not recommend this if your skin is very sensitive, it will probably be too harsh. However, if your skin is very oily and you have cystic acne and your skin can take harsher products, try it out. I would make sure that you have a moisturizer that is really effective for you before you use this set, because I can see how it will dry out most people. Good luck and hope you enjoy it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So far it has been three weeks and my face is worst than when I started. My sister recommended Murad to me so I thought why not. I don't have that bad of acne but I did have a few breakouts and I wanted to get rid of any acne I had.

First time using Murad, it felt great! My face felt nice and clean. Then came the purging stage. First of all, I knew that with acne cleansers your face needs to get used to it. I knew my face was going to purge so I told myself to stick with it. Well, my face is still purging and I'm still waiting for it to get better.. I mean if it ever does. I'm not sure how I feel about Murad so far nothing has been going well with it.. I'll try to stick with it for as long as I can.

My dad bought me this product as a birthday present last year because he knew that the little bit of acne that i had bothered me and lowered my self esteem....well this product lowered it even more!!!!!!!
I literally went from having 12 zits on my face to almost 200...im not freaking over reacting!!I counted them!!!!!
This product saids that your skin will get worst before it gets better....yeah my sking stayed in the getting worst part...
My self esteem was so low...i was afraid of living the house.If i got invited somewhere i would lie to my friends so i wouldnt go anywhere!!I was even afraid of leaving my ROOM!!!!!!

This PRODUCT SUCKS!!!!!!!

I stopped using this product 6 months ago....best freaking desition of my life!!!!!!After i stopped using i didnt apply anything to my face for 2 weeks.It started getting better cuz i let my skin rest from the piece of crap anyways then i started home remedies.

I now on a scale of 1 to 10 my skin has cleared in an 8 in 6 moths.

I use the AcneFree Oil Free acne cleanser then i tone with tea tree oil.i have been doing that since 6 months ago...and im not afraid of leaving my room now but i am going for clear skin so yeah..

My friends dont notice i have acne now since i use a bit of makeup for school but when i started school even if i wore makeup they would notice it but now they dont which is good.

From the 200 zits bumbs pimples whatever u wanna call them i now have like 6 or 8 which im completly fine of having then 200 i mean c'mon of course i would pick 6-8 zits then 200!!!!!DUUUUH!!!!!

Oh and every wednesday and sunday i do home remedy mask like oatmeal and baking soda or apple cider vinegar honey and sugar mask.There are so many that i do anyways yeah

when i receive my order of the AcneFree All-Day leave on foam and the AcneFree 3-in-1 acne night repair foam i will use them after the tea tree oil of course.

Im hoping that with the products i mentioned that are on the way thos 6-8 zits will be terminated and i will be CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways Murad acne complex was the worst acne product i have ever used in my life.WORST-ER THAN CLEARASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAYS yeah im happy with my skin now that i stopped using Murad....

on 12/29/2011 10:51:00 PM

I have occasional breakouts and had hoped this system would help. No it didn't!!
Made my skin dry and my spots looked much redder and felt more painful, even when I woke up first thing in the morning, it just seemed to make them angry.
Have thrown it in the bin so that I am never tempted to use this on my face again.

I had been told it was god for ollie skin and I have a bit of acne, so I thought why not. For the first three days my skin felt really smooth and nice my makeup when on really nice to. By the 4 day around my mouth got super dry through the day and my mouth area felt so tight it hurt. By the 5 day I stopped using it and from my cheeks down my faces is super red and blotch it burns and my skin is already burning. I have never had a reaction. Like this and I normal only use cheap drug store stuff am not happy at all I took it back today

on 3/27/2012 11:10:00 PM

To start off i don't have very bad skin, only a few breakouts here and there. I wanted to get rid of those breakouts so i wanted to try this product. I have normal skin and a pretty even skin tone. The first time i used this my face felt so soft and i was really happy. i went to bed and woke up the next morning with breakouts where i had never even had them before...after using this product only once it made my not only my face but my whole body extremely dry and it felt like i had a sunburn. My face was so hot that i had to ice it all day. I do not have sensitive skin and this product destroyed my skin for weeks with only one use. I read all of the negative reviews and i did not listen but honestly take my advise and DO Not buy this product!

Popular Face Skincare Products