Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 10/1/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I started wearing No. 5 when I was in my early 20s (so much for it being for old ladies!). I only ever wear one fragrance (as a signature) at any given point in my life and after several years I branched out and used other scents. Many years of Jean Paul Gaultier, a couple of Lancome Tresor and several of Bvlgari Blv Notte. Now I'm back with my first love - No. 5. I don't think I'll ever stray again. I wear it day and night, in jeans or dressed up. Everyone in my life says whenever they smell it they think of me. Oddly enough, I've never known any other women who wear it, so despite it being one of the most popular perfumes in the world I feel that it is uniquely mine. Anyone who thinks it isn't sexy is missing the point of perfume. It's the woman who is sexy, not her fragrance. No. 5 is stylish, soft, warm and incredibly feminine. It makes me want to nuzzle myself ..... And my (much younger!) bf adores it!

I hate this perfume. It doesn't smell glamourous or anything of the sort! It smells like very cheap soap!
Not nice.
Ladies don't waste your money. If you really want to smell like cheap soap, buy charlie blue, it smells exactly the same but is $50 cheaper

on 8/14/2012 3:25:00 PM

I remembered smelling this when I was 18 or so and I thought it was awful. Well, now I am 40 and this scent still doesn't thrill me. What is the reason? It does have some of my favorite notes but combined together is not so great. First, it smells rich and spicy-ok, I can handle it. If it stayed this way for the duration, I could understand the worldwide appeal. However, once the aldehydes come out its all over and this smells like dusty library books(I tested it on a paper strip).
Perfume is very subjective and everyone likes different scents and notes however, this perfume has been overhyped from here till Sunday. One of the reasons why its been popular its the brand name Chanel behind it and the second, because Marilyn Monroe wore this. And of course, everytime you open any magazine you will hear about how its classic, iconic or a symbol of class. When this was first made, it was rather revolutionary because this scent used aldehydes but now, aldehydes is not new or different.
If you like it, more power to you. I just don't think this is the greatest scent that was ever made

What can i say? itīs the most classy fragnance ever. I love it...Iīve heard that when Chanel No.5 fist came up, it divided people into two groups -the ones who hated it and the ones who loved it. Nothing between didnīt exist. And itīs like that until these days. I never met someone who said: "Chanel No.5? I donīt know...I guess...itīs not that bad...or good". You just have to try for yourself if you like it or not... continued >>

on 3/9/2012 3:42:00 AM

MMMmmm chanel no5. I remember when I first smelled no5, at the time I was really not into perfumes. It was a few years ago when I first started college. My great aunt that lived next door to my family (for my whole life!) had just recently passed away and I was with my mom in her house going through her things, when I noticed in her bathroom cabinet this little tiny white box outlined in black with "chanel" on the lid.

I gasp and was so excited, "could it be?!" I opened up this tiny box and low and behold there was a full teeny bottle of chanel no5. extrait inside. I noticed that it was an old vintage jar because the perfume was VERY strong and the color VERY dark..but inspite of this I dabbed some on my wrists for the heck of it and continued about my day with my mom. All the while sniffing my wrists through out the day and liking it more and more. So warm, so riche, so comforting. I cant even describe it! Even though this bottle was lord knows how old the perfume still had an amazing smell.. and I was HOOKED!

This perfume mixes incredibly with my chemistry, and my husband really does indeed love my chanel no5.I will spritz a small amount into his letters and care packages I send him, for he is in the military and deployed to afghanistan right now. Id like to think when he is all alone in an old military tent in the middle of nowhere in the desert, he opens his letters and closes his eyes and remembers my smell and that he also thinks "ahhh..chanel no5"

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Adelhyde, soap, powder, balsam, and a hint of floral. It says "Grande Old Dame" to me, no nonsense, medicinally clean, powerfully raw and feminine - the type a strict Scottish Grannie might wear! like it if the wearer has the type of personality to carry it off but I think most people would prefer the new modern version "No 5 Eau Premiere" as a little more wearable.

I never thought I would say this but I love Chanel no.5. I don't like the edp but I love the edt and the cologne. Cologne has been discontinued and the current edt is rather blah. But the vintage edt...WOW! It is so much better, really awesome. And it will be available on e-bay for years to come, so if you like Chanel no.5, that is the way to go!

on 12/25/2011 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This fragrance, when first sprayed, may leave a few disenchanted, but the dry down is magnificent. I think this is one of the most feminine scents available. While it's made in the USA, it was created for Coco Chanel by her then-lover, and paved the way for all parfums "Francais". I was so delighted to receive a bottle for Christmas.....after all, who can resist the scent that Marilyn Monroe swore by?

on 11/1/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Nope. I like the opening burst of floral aldehydes, but the drydown smells like a 1950s prom corsage found pressed in a yearbook. Faintly floral, but musty, powdery, and from another time. Love the iconic bottle, though.

on 10/12/2011 10:49:00 AM

Whenever I smelled this perfume in the magazine samples or spritzed it on one of those paper tester things I thought it smelled disgusting and so artificial and cloying that I couldn't understand why it was so "iconic" and timeless.
Then I decided to actually spray it on my wrist and see what happened. After a little while I kept getting a whiff of it and it was amazing. You really have to let it work with your body chemistry before you can judge the smell. It was still powerful, but lovely. And I'm only 25, so it's not like I'm an "old lady."
This is better than most of the modern perfumes that don't last and are so insipid they make everyone smell the same.

Popular Fragrances