Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 11/15/2015 10:30:00 AM

My first ever fragrance from Chanel. I have always heard so much about No.5 over the years but have never considered getting one to add to my perfume collection. So two months ago,I decided to treat myself and bought the EDP purse spray set. It comes with 2 refills (20ml each) plus an additional tube already inside the beautiful black & gold lacquered case. I was told by the sales associate that there were several types of No.5 and each one has its own uniqueness. I specifically chose the EDP as i was drawn to it and i felt a special connection to the scent. It starts off really strong and slowly turns powdery as it dries. How i would describe NO.5 - Glamorous, confidence,sophistication and timeless. It may not appeal to everyone but i truly feel that this is a classy scent that is worth trying out.

PS : If i have to pick a second fave,it would be the Eau Premiere. :-)

Classic perfume. This perfume will always be number one. When I think of Chanel or smell this scent. I think of my grandmother and mother. Kudos to Chanel for creating this product Will always be remembered and bought for years on end. It's a mature smell, I personally don't wear it I prefer the lighter sweet Chanel scents. Maybe when I'm older I will move onto this scent. Our scents and tastes are always changing!

on 11/3/2015 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

By The way they make this perfume nowadays,it is barely recognizable :( I am very familiar with the scent of this perfume because I literally grew up smelling it around me , my grandmother,my mother and many other women in my family used to wear it . I bought my own first bottle in the 90s" and I clearly remember that it was so strong that it was impossible to wear more than 2-3 sprays . I also clearly remember that first strong aldehyde scent that slowly turned into a soft powdery clean scent that used to last literally all day long . Later in the 00s" I remember noticing that the scent had become significantly lighter and I had to reapply it 2-3 times during the day in order to last . But the scent was the same so I was ok with it. I bought my last bottle about a month ago and I'm so disappointed:( first of all the actual scent is completely different. Now it smells much sweeter and more floral than soapy and that strong powerful aldehyde note is much MUCH softer. Nowadays they make it ridiculously lighter,you can barely smell it even when you first Apply it . It almost instantly becomes a light skin scent that lasts no more than half an hour. That's such a disappointment . I really wonder why they did that. It's the most iconic Chanel product and they have literally distroyed it

on 8/14/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is for the le parfume(aka really expensive version), I really like this except for the price this version is also less common. Also It's not a spray but a dabbed.

on 9/4/2015 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I received this as a gift. I realize scent is subjective, but to me this smells like diaper cream and I can't stand it. I really like Chance by Chanel and was able to exchange the No. 5 for a bottle of Chance. I don't understand all the fuss about this perfume. But to many women it's iconic. I'll leave it to them.

This perfume is really nice I do enjoy wearing it out to dinner with my boyfriend. He says he really likes it too.

on 8/6/2015 8:34:00 AM

This is kind of a heady scent, a little old lady like, but there is something about it that is just so intriguing. I received a second-hand bottle of it, but I cannot help but to come back to it every so often. I like to wear this out to dinner- it has that romantic, old-school going out vibe. Although I certainly appreciate the bottle that I have, I would not repurchase because there are so many other scents I want to try!

I love this and I'm only 20. I think it smells so cozy and woodsy on my skin. Also, whats with all the "eww grandma" comments? Thats so rude. Whats wrong with grandmas or old people, we all get old?

on 8/5/2015 11:18:00 PM

I received as a present and was curious to see what the fuss was all about. My mum had this when I was growing up but I never tried it.

I'm sad to say I really don't like No. 5 at all. The scent is way too overwhelming and heavy for me, I only dab a tiny amount on my wrists and neck and it still makes my eyes water. I can't quite describe the smell, it's a bit smoky and woodsy and there's no light refreshing notes to balance out the heaviness.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The smell is ok I just think for being Chanel it would be a lot better. Get Chance by Chanel instead.

Popular Fragrances