Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.4

on 3/23/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybe for someone with no noticeable pores to begin with, this product may seem to make no difference - but I have large pores, and lots of them. I apply this lightly with Everyday Minerals' flat-top brush after using its original mineral foundation and it blurs any remaining pores for me. The sifter jar has too many holes though - because the powder is soooo fine, even with half of the holes taped up I still got too much product. I ended up taping 3/4 of its holes to control the amount and that fixed the problem. Yes, definitely will re-purchase, unless I find something else that is cheaper and works the same.

on 2/7/2010 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This does work relatively well as a setting powder, but I find its effect to be quite short lived. Strange, because I can wear the tinted version with no makeup underneath in the summer as my foundation, and it lasts all day. It's not a terrible product, but I am not someone who wants to touch up my makeup throughout the day, so it's not for me. Also, if you have sensitive eyes like I do, I'd be careful of using it too close to your eyes. I find it very irritating if any gets too close.

on 12/11/2009 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got this in my BE starter kit. I really dont get why people like this so much. I found that it felt gritty compared to other finishing powders that i have used. It also gives me a slightly pink cast to my skin which i dont like with having red hair. It also does not do well at keeping any shine at bay. If it didn't come with the starter kit i wouldn't have purchased it on its own.

on 11/14/2009 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this in a kit with matte foundation, moisturizer and face brush. I have to say that I don't have any real opinion on this. The matte foundation works fine by itself for me, so the mineral veil seems a bit redundant. It is a lighter color, so maybe I could experiment with using it as a highlight.

Edit: I'm an idiot...this mineral veil is the perfect setting powder for my liquid and creme foundations. It goes up a notch or two.

on 8/11/2009 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Unfortunately, there is basically nothing that I like about this product, which makes me sad since it sounds so great on paper! I only bought the mineral veil, and have never used the foundation (I do not like heavy facial makeup, but liked the idea of using a light powder just to "set" my face and help keep it looking fresh all day). Unfortunately, this product failed me in all of my expectations, and even in some ways I had not anticipated. First of all, the packaging sucks. Some people may not feel this way, as I think all loose powders are packaged about the same way. However, this is why I usually purchase pressed powders. I travel a lot, and find myself having to stuff cotton balls into the package to keep all the powder from dumping out and then going everywhere when I open it up. Supposedly the fix for this is buying Bare Escentuals $35 travel brush, which I find just annoying. How many special brushes do I need to buy to use one product? And, perhaps I would feel more inclined to deal with these inconveniences if the product worked better, but all it seems to do for me is break me out worse than I have broken out in like a decade. I have read on some other boards that people seem to break out from wither the mineral veil itself or from little scratches inflicted by the kabuki brush getting infected. I don't know which of these issues is making my skin freak out, but regardless of the reason it is all broken out so this stuff is useless to me. Even if it didn't break me out, it does little to help control oil as it claims to do, and is in no way "colorless" as the SA said it was. My skin is very pale and a little pink in undertone, and this stuff leaves an orange tint to my skin that is obviously not a match for my neck (so it looks like I have on makeup, which I hate). I tried to use less and less each day, but it made little difference.

So, this was a huge waste of my money!! This might work for someone else, but was a disaster for me!

on 6/26/2009 11:48:00 AM

It made my skin look matte yet glowy at the same time. I really wanted to love it, but it made me itch like crazy. I even tried it over my Glominerals pressed base, and had the same result. :(

on 6/16/2009 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using BE products for many years. Sometimes I notice that my face becomes itchy after using these products. Mineral veil is must, helps to keep foundation on place longer.

on 6/12/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i had this when i got my first b.e products as it came with the kit. the first time i used be products, like many, i itched like mad. but i'm no quitter! so i persevered and it didnt actually itch me the 2nd time at all (i'm no idiot either!), but although i really liked the foundation at one time and did use this too in conjunction with it, i never really felt a need to as it was neither oil absorbing, nor anything remarkable for setting powder. i can no longer go near b.e stuff as i have developed rosacea, but wanted to say this was simply as stated above, unremarkable for me. considering its hg for some, or was when b.e was new and all the rage, i expected more, but it just wasn't memorable.

on 5/18/2009 1:59:00 PM

I have grown bored with mineral foundation but I still use this all the time. Mineral veil and well rested (I use that all over any red areas and on my dark eye circles) will always be staples in my m/u routine. MV doesn't break me out and looks natural in sunlight which is why I will continue to use it (even though I wish they had a pressed version)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product mainly in my t-zone area and sometimes on top of my blush (all over my face). This product helps to prevent my t zone from getting too oily throughout the day and helps to set any liquid foundation without looking too cakey.