bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

on 11/18/2015 11:09:00 AM

I'm using this for now because I bought it on alot of reccomendations but for the price I paid I wouldn't repurchase it's so not worth the money imo, it does nothing more for me than rimmel stay matte in fact I don't think it's as good, I so like the handy like click lock pot it comes in though and that's about the only good thing I can say about it :/ not a fan

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still unsure if I like this product. I use this to set my under eyes on days when I don't want to contour or highlight (and I have many of those days). There's nothing bad I can really say about it from the way that I use it. However, I've been told that it can break you out and so I never use it as an all over face powder.

on 11/2/2015 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This keeps me the most matte out of any powder I've used, also it's easy for this to look cakey

on 10/21/2015 4:31:00 PM

I was skeptical of needing a setting powder on top of a powder foundation (Bare Minerals original), but this combined with the right primer made all the difference in making me look poreless and airbrushed for 8+ hours. On the weekends I just put on my Bare Escentuals tinted BB primer with SPF, dust this on top, and go, and my face looks great yet makeup-free. This is just a really great setting powder, the end. Worth every penny because I want my expensive makeup to stay looking expensive even hours after I've applied it.

Urgh. It's so chalky that I can feel it on my hands all day! This also makes it very ageing to my skin and it accentuates all of the fine lines on my face. I checked with my friend who is a make up artist that I was putting it on right and I was, it's just vile stuff!

on 9/22/2015 8:56:00 PM

Gave this product three lippies because i thought that the product was way too expensive for what it can do. It did set my under eye concealer well enough, but i don't have oily eyelids or oily under eyes/eye bags so I don't really have a say in the matter.

I've never been a fan of the sifter-type packaging because I always feel like I'm losing way too much product when I need to shake the container for an indefinite amount of product, only to realize that I got too much and retapping the powder back into the container always sucks ugh.

Wouldn't purchase again.

on 8/24/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I couldn't use this to set my undereye area no matter how I tried. I ended up using it as a very light application finishing powder for my face, all except the undereye. It made my oily skin appear really dry, though, so I would spritz liberally with setting spray to make it work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample pack and have used it quite a few times. I honestly don't notice that big of a difference between when I use it and don't, so I definitely wouldn't repurchase this. There are cheaper powders that achieve the same effect for me. Very glad I got it as a sample and didn't buy a full sized!

on 7/8/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am usually a big fan of talc based setting powders. I mostly use them under my eyes to set my concealer. Silica based powders always feel very dry and heavy under my eyes and turn white with a camera flash. I was intrigued to try a corn starch based powder and honestly I really liked it. It set my concealer, didn't really feel that dry at all and also didn't change the shade of it... maybe ever so slightly might have darkened it a little bit, but didn't make it lighter which a lot of the talc based powders tend to do. It wore great and didn't wear of in patches like a lot of powders do. I was pretty impressed. I don't know if I will only use this as I really love my Ben Nye powders, but I am definitely going to use it more. All in all it is a great powder and doesn't give you that typical white casting a lot of powders do.

on 6/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a waste of money for me. No matter what concealer I used, or how lightly I used this powder, it would make it go bright orange when dusted over the top. I would end up with orange patches dotted around my face, not a good look! As I don't like to waste things, I do use it over my nose to take the shine off and it does work in this regard as it keeps shine at bay for a few hours. The packaging is also the best I've seen for a loose powder and it didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Despite these pros, the huge con of an orange face means that I would never repurchase.