Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A magical fragrance IMHO. Curious has a special beauty that's indescribable. I absolutely LOVE Curious (esp in Summer) and hope they never discontinue it. I finished a big 3.4oz bottle, and I now have another 3.4oz, plus two 1.7oz bottles, plus a mini -- plus 2 lotions & 2 shower gels. (because I ordered 2 gift sets)

Below is how I realized how incredible this fragrance is:

I was once testing perfumes at TJ Maxx, and there were 2 girls on the opposite side of the display, also testing perfumes. All of a sudden there came this AMAZING scent from where they were testing. It stopped me in my tracks -- it was arrestingly beautiful. In a flash, I ran around the display & asked them what they had just sprayed -- it was Curious -- and it smelled sooooo much better than Every Other Perfume in the store, to my nose.

Words don't do it justice, but I'll try. Curious is light, delicate, clean, sweet, ethereal. It's a soft, limpid, languid, skin-musky, almost watery floral. I'm primarily a sweet gourmand & oriental vanilla lover -- also musks -- and I don't like florals unless they're very soft, musky, and sensual -- which Curious is. No loud or sharp tuberose, gardenias, roses, or big jasmines for me -- my florals have to be on the light, sweet, clean, softly skin-musky side.

The main floral note of Curious is magnolia, and there's also pear and vanilla in it -- all are sweet, fresh, light notes which meld together into magic-ness. Curious is soft, skin-musky, delicate, feminine -- just incredible! It's a shape-shifter -- it has a "je-ne-sais-qua" (sp). For being light, it's an EDP that has good strength, throw, & longevity.

An EDP which launched in 2004 by Elizabeth Arden, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Pear, Lotus, Magnolia
Heart Notes -- Pink cyclamen, Jasmine, Tuberose
Base Notes -- Blond wood, Vanilla musk, Sandalwood

Others in this same general fragrance family -- which I also LOVE -- are Ralph Lauren Blue, Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege, and Tocca Stella.

ADDENDUM 7/21/16: I craved and am now wearing Curious on this hot day and am still loooving it to pieces! Oooohhh, so good! Quite frankly, it almost takes me back to the discontinued Eau de Love, by Love Cosmetics, which I wore in Summer 1971. Eau de Love had an incredible light fresh ethereal musky sensuality -- and so does Curious.

Curious is one of my "essentials" -- I want to stockpile a lifetime supply in my closet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Sshhhh...I am going to be one of those ladies that suddenly "forgets" what she's wearing if someone asks what perfume I am wearing. I doubt anyone will, but I can't see this offending anyone, I have a body spray, which is a lighter version of the EDT, obviously. It's a non soapy, "shower fresh"kind of scent, nothing too sharp or spicy. I think there is a VS Pink scent that is similar..."Fresh and Clean"? It was cheap so I threw in my cart, I figure it will be a nice alternative when the South's monstrous humidity grabs us all by the throat. Meh. If not, I'll just keep it by the toilet for "poopourri".

A lovely, daily wearing perfume! Nothing super special - and not one I would buy for a evening/special occasion type of thing - but for a nice, yummy smelling fragrance that can be worn daily/weekends, then Curious is the way to go! Not overly heavy, not overly sweet or musky! A lovely medium! Makes me feel happy when on!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been wearing this perfume on and off for a few years now, its a nice fresh/clean (out of the shower) kind of scent. Great for the spring and summer time but for the winter its not as powerful and strong as i would like it to be.

LOVE this scent! It goes in flowery and dries to a soft powdery sweet smell. Will be purchasing more of this!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a really good classic and crisp scent. Not too fruity or too flowery. The price is great and it lasts all day! I keep repurchasing this when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Hated this musty weird smelling perfume

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had several bottles of this fragrance. My most recent one I got was at big lots for like 6 bucks for a gift set!! amazing!! Im always on the look out for great perfume deals as it can be costly!! I dont mind this perfume, but it is not one I run to often, once in a while its nice, more in spring than any other time I tend to reach for this! it reminds me of a lot of classic scents and i think for many years this will be a classic scent.

Not a fan of this perfume. Maybe because the sweet, floral type of smell is not really my thing but I found that it smelt a bit cheap. The pump that it came with broke within a week and it was impossible trying to spray this on me. A couple of my friends had the same thing happen to them as well.

Oh curious... sweet curious... the memories are coming back 2004 in higschool... This isnt the best celeb perfume but It's def not the worst... I can take or leave it, nothing special about. It's just a typical fun fragrance if you are having brunch or lunch... I like the first spritz of this but it turns into some kinda of smokey gross smell on my skin... I think the florals turn me off with curious. In control is SO much more better why couldn't this one be harder to find vs in control... sigh... I guess we will never know, I tends to stay on tho, I give it that, and the bottle is just so pretty. But the fragrance doesnt match the bottle or name to me.