Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 8/17/2007 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love love love this loose powder. It comes in a plastic talcum bottle-like container. Cute.

I have 2. One in a white container and the powder is white. One in an orangey container and the powder is (you guessed it) kind of orangey. The latter has tiny flecks of GOLD shimmer in it. I've never seen a prettier loose powder.

I pour some of this into a little container and I use it as a loose powder. It absorbs oil well, keeps my T-zone matte and is uber cheap.

I use both. On usual days, I use the white one. When I'm a little tanned, or if I'm wearing warm colors that day (apricot, bronze, golds), I'll go with the orangey one.

I bet you could mix the orangey one with some body lotion and make a glowy body lotion.

Fantastic buy. HG!!!

on 9/23/2006 12:51:00 AM

Ingredients : talc, triclosan, fragrance (old formulation); talc, triclosan, fragrance and micronised titanium dioxide (new formulation with UV protection)

My skin type is combination and acne prone.

The difference in the different types of powder is in the color and the smell (effects wise i don't think there's any difference).

Pink bottle: the powder is pink in color and the fragrance is the strongest. when applied it gives my face a more radiant look.
Orange bottle: the powder is white in color, the smell is like normal talcum powder's. will leave a white cast on the face when applied.
Blue bottle: the powder is blue in color, the smell is the same as the pink one but is not as strong. Have not tried this on the face yet.

This performs well for oil control (for its price) and this does not give me any breakouts or clogged pores. In fact i think it's good in controlling pimples due to the triclosan. I will use this after moisturiser for a natural look. It can also be used in place of loose powder too. I've been using this for years!

on 5/18/2004 8:56:00 PM

Magic Powder comes in a 50 gram plastic canister (very small, but dirt cheap, drugstore/supermarket bought) at 23 Thai Baht (USD 1 = THB 42), purchased at Watsons, Your Personal Store, which has branches in parts of East Asia and Southeast Asia. It has an antibacterial agent that absorbs oil and shrinks swelling of pimples. I'm 34 and still have trouble with acne, and after 1 application and 1 night of useage, it's done wonders - and so cheap. Would surely repurchase. But as for packaging, this is loose powder and wish it was packaged in a "pan" as "caked powder" for easy carrying around. Comes in 3 types to choose from "Cool Blue," "Soft Pink," and "Natural White" as the colors of the powders - I bought the "Natural White." (UPDATE: I found out the other day that though this formula doesn't come in a "pressed/cake powder," there are some caked powders: 1.) Oil Control 2-way powder in 3 colors to choose from - a foundation powder 2.) Oil Control as a pressed powder.)

*** UPDATE: I've been using this product for a few days, over the weekend, and I've changed the rating from 5 to 3 lippies and might not buy this again. Reason: because it ended up drying my skin and making it oil-free, but it hardened the pimples and I had to use a facial scrub to remove the hardened pimples since a facial clay mask didn't help do the trick. It might be good for oil skin types rather than combination skin at age 34 with hormonal acne - but for me, it wasn't quite exactly what I wanted. I am currently off it and using regular moisturizer, making sure I thoroughly remove all makeup for a clean face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It definately does it job well. It absorb oil well leaving my-normally-oiyl face smooth and soft.