Victoria's Secret Love Spell

Victoria's Secret Love Spell
Love Spell

3.3

on 4/11/2011 7:35:00 PM

This stuff smells quite nice, and is long lasting. A unique fragrance, and its great for spring and summer.

This smells just like fruit punch. Very strong and the scent lingers. This is not for the faint of heart. When used too much this stuff can clear out a room. That being said, I like to use this every so often. It reminds me of the warm weather and it can help lift me up on downish days.

So I'm only 22 but I wore this scent when I was twelve. I kept the spray and lotion in my PE locker for before/after gym (along with face wipes, hair bands, other mid-day fresh-up products). Back then (2001) this was not as "controversial" of a scent; like any other fragrance, people would ask me what I was wearing and I was under the impression most girls liked it when they would ask for a squirt! To me it was a sweet, floral scent but nothing special. Years later I noticed this became overly popular and even in 2008 (and apparently to this very day!) people still wore out this scent! It's not the best body spray in the Secret Garden collection (Passionate Kisses which was discontinued years ago, which I also wore in middle school, definitely was the most unique and delicious scent! Also, Luscious Kisses is pretty yummy, like a coconut citron!) but is somehow the most popular- among 14-year olds and mid-40-somethings alike. If it wasn't so overrated and I didn't get the "I smell...Love Spell!" jingly rhyme from the lady in mom jeans behind me I would probably repurchase. It's a unique scent but compared to any EDP or EDT by Dolce & Gabbana, cannot hold a candle. I used to work at a fragrance counter so when people say that this is their favorite "perfume" I just roll my eyes. Unless you're in middle school, this scent is just too generic to be sporting. And even then, I wouldn't recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love Love Spell. :) I realize that it's been out forever and I've been using it for years, but I can't get over how much I like it! It's so fresh and different compared to the other scents floating around out there. There may be people who hate this smell but what can I say? It's a classic for me.

on 9/12/2010 6:21:00 PM

Let me start off by saying I really wanted to like this product, I heard rave reviews about it saying it was the perfect scent for young girls... unfortunately I cannot stand Love Spell, every time I smell it I become nauseated and get a horrible headache. The scent to me smells like very strong fruit punch. The girl that sits next to me in biology reeks of this, I absolutely do not recommend this to anyone that comes within a mile radius of any sort of civilization.

on 7/16/2010 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use to love this stuff and use it everyday.But now it just smells to strong for me. I hardly ever reach for it. I won't be buying this again.

Well, I am no slutbag, but I do like this fragrance. I use this a lot, as well as berry kiss. They aren't overpowering, which is why I like them. And I carry one around in my purse all the time. :-)

on 4/30/2010 7:37:00 PM

all i can say is that this has a wonderful smell & is a great body mist

on 4/8/2010 1:41:00 PM

I loveeeeeeeeee this fragrance! It's one of my favorites! All my friends know when i'm wearing it. Everyone ask to borrow it, too! It's great for anyone 18&under.

As many others on here this was my staple high school "perfume" lol. When all my girfriends and I would wear body spray night and day, thinkin perfume was for our moms or dates. Really brings back memories as jsut smelling this reminds me of classes, dates, immature boys, and school dances, god knows lol. Anyhow I jsut can't stand this smell anymore as I definitely think I liked those rediculously nauseating fruity smells when I was younger, and my parents always made fun of me for it. However now after having recently tried to use this again I just can't because it does smell like kooliad fruit punch and is jsut WAAAAY too much. The only scent I still love from VIctoria's Secret is the Pure Seduction which will always be my staple as I love anything strawberry and love the scent of it as a perfect balance of sweet and fresh. A bottle alst me forever as I like to jsut use one spray on my clothes and then use my perfume on my wrists. I have found that using Pure Seduction with one of my fav perfume VIva La Juicy is jsut intoxicating and they have some of the same ntoes adn really compliment each other and makes the perfume last longer. Anyhow definitely feel many of the VS body sprays still aim for the younger crowd and even though it gives great memories Love Spell jsut iisn't something I can stomach anymore hence why all my lotions of it are up for swap lol.

Popular Fragrances