Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I just bought this lipstick yesterday and i love it! The packaging is simple, the colour is a peachy nude with golden undertones which is neutral enough to wear everyday (my lips are quite large and wearing dark colours really does nothing at all for me) - to school in my case, and on a non-beauty note, i think the name "Birthday suit" is utterly adorable :)

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

If possible, I would give this product a 3.5 but I chose to round up.

I bought this lipstick on clearance because I had heard it was a dupe for Mac Hug Me, one of my favorite everyday lipsticks. Prospective buyers should be aware there are TWO VERSIONS of this colour. The one I have is 250, which is not similar to Hug Me at all. This version of Birthday Suit is a peachy, bronzey nude. The colour is still flattering on me, but just not what I expected or what I was looking for.

In general, Rimmel lipsticks are my favourite drugstore lipstick formula. They have impressive pigmentation, are decently long lasting and are not drying at all. The downside is the strong scent, which can be a turn off. I have a love-hate relationship with the cinnamon-y smell (like Red Hot candies) but can now tolerate it.

This product loses points for the strong scent, cheap plastic casing, and this particular shade's slightly frosty finish. I would have preferred a creamy/satin finish.

For reference, I am NC25 and neutral leaning toward warm.

on 1/9/2010 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a recent rediscovery for me, and I love it so much. It is a hard color to describe. It's not "nude" in the sense that NYX Circe is, a concealer-type creamy nude. Instead it's a very neutral beige-peach with shimmer. I think of it as nude because it looks good with more dramatic eyes. For reference, I'm a very warm PPP. I like this formula, and you can't beat the price.

Just discovered this lipstick and I love it. It is a pinkish color on me not too pink just perfect and it smells good too and creamy

on 1/17/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this at target and i do not like when lipsticks don't have a plastic seal over because other people can "sample" it. Anyway i bought it for 4 dollars. My skin is a medium dark and it is such a great color for a nude lip. I feel this needs a good lip gloss over this just so it doesn't look so caked on.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would not describe this lippie as groundbreaking or HG, but I was sufficiently impressed by it. On me it's a beige peach nude, more light brownish without the pink undertone I usually get in most "nudes". It doesn't add much color to my face, but it's polished, slightly moist/glossy, and would go well with looks that want the main focus either on the eyes or cheeks. A good staple to have, even if I don't use it every day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really really love this shade, but I wouldn't call it a "nude". For me, that's a positive thing. I'm very fairly complected and I need some color on my lips to keep me from looking like a corpse.

This is a very pretty natural color; sort of a warm, peachy flesh tone. But don't cringe when I say "peachy". It doesn't scream peach. It's a very subtle peach tint, which makes it perfect for those who are warm, but pale. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nude that is suitable for pale skin that doesn't have pink undertones, so for me, this is a real find.

However...I took off one lippie becaue I'm not crazy about the consistency. It's very, very sheer; almost the consistency of a gloss. It really doesn't last long on it's own. I layer it over Rimmel's long wearing lip liner in Tiramisu and that creates a very pretty, long lasting effect.

All in all, for the price, it's a nice product and a beautiful shade. I almost always layer my lip products anyway, so no hardship there. Because the color is so perfect for me, I'll definitely purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I went out to buy this because of the rave revies, I had imagined that it would be a very natural nude color. However, when I got home and tried it on, it was a horrible frosty orangey brown on my very pigmented lips (I'm NC25). I was highly dissapointed. Then I decided to try it over MAC Hue l/s (which lightens my lips) and it was a much more appealing, natural color. Still it was quite orangey. Next, I tried applying concealer on my lips then Birthday Suit, and it FINALLY turned out to be the warm nudey color that I wanted it to be. Paired with NYX Natural Lipgloss, this is a very gorgeous natural goldeny hard to describe color. :)

However, the smell can sometimes be quite artifically horrible. Sometimes the smell is very strong, and sometimes its barely noticable. Also, if you're cool toned, I would definitely stay far, far away from this lipstick

ROP for pics+

continued >>

on 1/7/2010 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My lips already have a pink/peach color to it, so this nude lipstick really brings out my natural lip color in a good way. It has a little sparkle but I like it. I recommend putting lip balm before applying the lipstick, because the lipstick might look a little drying. Any lipgloss can go with it. This is a gooooood product (:

on 12/23/2009 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!!!!!!! it is the PERFECT neutral nude lipstick for women of color.. my lips are very pigmented so i was soo shock on how well it looked on my lips.. it doesn't look like i have on concealer like most nude lipsticks, it looks very natural and it look amazing with my caramel skintone!! Also, it is super cheap, under 5 dollars!! i would definatley buy this lipstick again!!!!