RCMA No Color Powder

No Color Powder

3.9

Talc, silica

on 5/2/2017 6:32:00 PM

I don't really understand the hype in this product. It is finely milled... but to say it's "No color" is a bit misleading. It is white. Straight up white... so if you have color to your skin, this definitely has a potential to show up/go ashy. I have little color in my skin, so that wasn't my issue. I just found this very drying and uncomfortable to wear. I ended up giving it away. At least it is not expensive, so if you don't like it, you're not out a ton of money. Honestly I hate nearly every setting/powder.

on 4/26/2017 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

NOTE: I think this only deserves a 3.5/5, but I can't give it that so 4 will do.

PROS:
- Cheap
- Smooths over skin beautifully

CONS:
- Messy packaging
- Leaves a white cast

On the website it says this product should:
1/ "keep your foundations set and dry without caking”: I have oily skin, but I only bake underneath my eyes and on the sides next to my nose, the rest of the face I use a very light dusting of powder. This does set foundation nicely and takes away the "wetness" of it. I do notice some people saying that this creases and settles on their fine lines even without baking, for me that's not the case; if anything I find it to smooth over texture very well, and I like to use it to set concealer on my textured blemishes. I've never baked with it so I can't say anything about that.

2/ "not alter the color of foundation bases": This does alter the color of your base. If you use it to set your entire face and put on bronzer later it's not so obvious, but if you're having a light makeup day and only want to set targeted areas, you'll easily notice how this leaves a white cast anywhere you use it. I got this over the Translucent because that one looks slightly peachy for me but this one ends up leaving a slight cast, so it's not perfect either.

3/ It doesn't promise to control oil so don't expect that! Just because other youtubers or bloggers claim it does something and compare it with other products doesn't mean it can live up to what they say! You should JUDGE A PRODUCT BASED ON WHAT IT PROMISES TO DO, NOT THINGS PEOPLE SAY IT DOES FOR THEM.

Overall, it is a good powder, the only thing holding me back from repurchasing it is the white cast. I will try some other stuff, and if nothing beats it, I might get back to it eventually.

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like it applied with a brush, very lightly, very delicately, just where I need it. I've tried baking with it a couple of times and it looks awful, at least on my skin. It left me a white cast, it looked cakey, just no. It doesn't control the oils on my t-zone like the Laura Mercier translucent powder but it's pretty good. I don't know, I like it but I'm not crazy about it. Also, RCMA are you kidding me with the packaging?????? awful.

I would say it's worth it because it's cheap and it does the job but it's not my favorite. I'm very ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it.

on 4/14/2017 6:16:00 PM

Wowwwwzzzzaaaa flawless for days on end. This product is worth all it's hype. I had a full day of activities and my makeup did not budge. I got home looking as fresh as ever. Beautiful product which i am forever greatful for. Every make up addict needs this powder. You do not need any other powder but RCMA no Color powder!

on 3/16/2017 11:27:00 AM

I love love this product!! I use it to set my entire face. It makes my face look smooth and flawless!! It does get cakie on me if I put too much powder but an easy fix is going in with a beauty sponge to pack it into your skin. I don't get a white cast from it but my friend swears it gives her one. It definitely am planning to buy more.

on 3/2/2017 4:46:00 AM

Updated review:

I thought it would only be fair to give this powder an updated review as I used it today and had a much better experience.

Some personal tips I learned with this powder:

-Do not use with liquid mineral foundations if you have normal/oily skin.
-I used it on top of a physical sunscreen the first time, I think this is what caused the caking above the lip, as it didn't happen when not used in conjunction with the sunscreen
-I applied my tarte shape tape concealer and liquid foundation (non-mineral) and used this on the bottom of my cheeks, and under my eyes to bake, I have to say it worked really well this time and especially looked great in photos.

I applied it with a damp beauty blender to set and bake my foundation. In order to use it like this I had to pour a lot of the powder out on a paper towel and dip the damp beauty blender into that. That means that a ton of product was thrown out and wasted.

I'm upping my rating to 2/5 because the packaging is still awful and makes you waste a ton of product and the main ingredient is talc. I still wouldn't repurchase but will finish this container.

Initial Review:

Don't buy into the hype, this powder:

-Sets into fine lines, especially around the eyes, at least on me
-Leaves a white residue all over my face on top of my liquid mineral foundation when applied with a big fluffy brush, RCMA takes a few hours to set in properly, even when blended in
-The packaging sucks, so even though it's cheap, you end up throwing out a lot of the powder by default
-The powder is not as finely milled as other higher-end setting powders, but I guess you get what you pay for
- Made my pores on my nose look HUGE, at least way bigger than normal when I use my mineral powder foundation, it's almost as if the powder made my nose more oily if that makes sense

The worst of all, it cakes above the lip area when wearing lipstick. I don't bake above my lip or apply concealer, yet when I apply any lipstick I have to remove a white caked powder from above my top lip with a qtip, this has literally never happened before with any product or powder I've used--it almost looks crusty in a way. Luckily the last few times this happened, I caught it before I went out the door.

Would not repurchase nor recommend, hate that I bought into the hype. Try to always get a sample of these over-hyped products before you buy, so you don't waste your money.

Love! Love! Love! this powder. I no longer reach for my former HG the Nars Crystal Translucent Powder, which is like 7 times the price of this! I use it for under eye baking, applied with a damp beauty blender and all over as a setting powder with a big fluffy brush.
A container of this will last you at least two years. Doesn't settle into lines, crack or cake up.

on 2/27/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing product for the hype and the price. I use this to set my foundation and this thing mattifies so well, and actually stays mat for hours. There's a need to blend it well though as I discovered the hard way with flash photography. A bit goes a longg way for 6 hours or so in hot, humid weather. Price point is excellent for such an incredible amount of product too.

Been using it for 6 months or so, and I'm only done with 20% of the product.

Packaging wise, not so great. For such a great amount of product, the sifter has way too big holes and so I'll close it, shake it up a little, open it, and use the powder gather on the sides of the holes. It looks really chic and classic but just not so practical. I've depotted some of the powder into my old palgantong case instead to use as I found it to be frustrating to use it by shaking and literally collecting powder leftovers on top.

Overall - get it. You can't find a loose powder this high quality for the price point.

on 2/22/2017 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Ughh I hate the packaging but the stuff inside of it is so good! I've used this for a year now and used up like 1/4 of the amount of powder you get, still loving it. Makes my undereye concealer stay creaseless and looking good for such a long time and doesn't look white once applied onto the skin. And I can totally live with the unpractical packaging, I'll just use my chanel universelle libre lid and take a small amount onto that whenever I use it.

on 2/5/2017 12:07:00 AM

I am so incredibly disappointed, this powder was so recommended by Kathleen lights (usually I love everything she suggests) but this turned out to cause more harm than good. I used this twice and it was the only new product in my makeup routine and my face has been breaking out all over my face. I get one or two zits here and there usually in the same general area, however after using this twice I broke out with multiple zits all of my face. Not only that, my face now had a thousand little bumps all over that cause irritation.! Again, not ONLY that but I woke up did my makeup went out to breakfast and was going to go shopping but an hour after doing my makeup I looked in the mirror and saw patches of oil and my foundation was patchy and you could see my redness and ALL of my pores I mean even the ones that aren't big. I'm 22 and you could see all of my "wrinkles" and lines I didn't even know I had. I even noticed my foundation oxidized It looked horrific I drove all the way home and took off my makeup and had to redo my entire face setting my concealer with my elf pressed powder instead. I really wanted to love this... but I do not recommned this product to anyone.