Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

3.8

on 5/7/2007 6:51:00 PM

This gel leaves a film on your skin. I'm a big fan of the Hyrda-C ComplexE skincare line, but not of this cream.

This is a perfect spring/summer/autumn moisturizer for my combination/oily skin. It's soothing and refreshing and extremely gentle. My face is wonderfully soft in the morning. Even though I have acne-prone skin, I never break out - which is a Marcelle strength anyway. I would definitely buy this gel-cream again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel was somewhat absorbed by my skin. This does occasionally burn and make my eyes water if I put on just a bit much. As to moistrizing, it really doesn't do much. It is light and didn't give me breakouts. I did wake up with pretty nice looking skin when I use it as a night cream. I kind of like the whole concept Vitamin C and other ingredients. Nonetheless, I still feel that there are many other moistrizers out there for me to try. Perhaps I'll buy this again but as of now, no.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautifully light lotion. Moisturizes and doesnt leave my skin greasy. A definite A+!

on 11/28/2006 7:14:00 PM

I just bought the Hydra-C line. I work at Shoppers and this is an Xmas gift set, so I figured I'd give it a whirl since I like to use products that are cruelty free (marcelle is, they state it on their site). Anyways, this is a nice moisturizer, but just a SMIDGEN not enough moisture for my cheeks in the winter, although I'm sure this would be perfect for me in the summer. It absorbed quickly and my skin is soft. This is suitable for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff burn like crazy!!!!!
I hate it!

This is a nice facial moisturizer but not the best IMHO. Not moisturizing enough for that time of the year. Consequently, I can't really use it as a day moisturizer, but I've found that it works pretty well as a gentle night cream. I have combination skin and it doesn't make my T-zone oilier but leaves my cheeks slightly too thigh when used as a day cream. Doesn't seem to break me out either. It might not be that effective on a very dry skin though.

I really like its consistency: not too thick, a bit creamy yet light enough. Very refreshing! And it's also quickly absorbed by the skin and leaves it soft. And I'm glad it has no scent!

My only major complaint would be the jar container, it's not very hygienic.

I would purchase it again. This is a good product, excellent quality and it doesn't irritate my skin.

UPDATE August 9, 2005: I came back 2 days ago from Europe, I wasn't home for 3 months and therefore I did not use this product for 3 months. At night, I was about to apply this moisturizer when I noticed that it smelled like sour milk. Yuck. I left it in my bathroom and my b/f told me that we had an abnormaly hot weather while I wasn't home, that might have caused my moisturizer to turn sour. Now I am not sure I would buy it again... continued >>

on 2/14/2005 7:13:00 PM

I also bought this product in the Hydra-C Complex E pack with foaming cleanser and eye gel. I really like this moisturizer. I have acne-prone/sensitive skin and i dont think this moisturizer has bothered my skin at all. I use it only at night after washing w/ the foaming cleanser and i love the texture of it. I also adore the glass-like jar it comes in. Very sturdy and refined-looking! I found this moisturizer did a great job of moisturizing my face, no dryness after applying it. I think it works better when you apply it when your skin is still a little damp, same w/ other moisturizers.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This moisturizer delivers a lot of promises on the label, but falls terribly short in delivery. I failed to notice that it contains alcohol denat., a very drying ingredient. Also, the menthyl lactate creates a slight burning sensation upon application. I thought that the inclusion of great ingredients like antioxidants and shea butter would provide a good winter time moisturizer, but I was quite wrong. This stuff was terribly drying. For $18.95, I felt like I was ripped off!

I also got this product in a gift pack and love it. I've never been able to find something for my combination/sensitive skin that doesn't cause me to either break out in blemishes or break out in a rash. It's working great for me in the winter so hopefully it will still be ok for the summertime. Wish it had SPF in it.