Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1916 reviews

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

love the scent, but I find that I can only use a little bit at a time, b/c otherwise it's too strong. If I slather my body all over with it, it would be way too overwhleming. So I just apply a small amount to strategic body parts. The scent is very sweet and candy-like, but I also detect a lemony scent, which makes it a bit lighter and keeps the sweetness from being sickly sweet.

I have used this perfume for years and have loved it always since! it is by far my most re purchased fragrance. its is very sweet but not cheap smelling if u dont lie sweet scents u wont like it but if you dO? looook out its a forever favorite

on 3/13/2016 6:29:00 AM

I wear tom ford neroli portofino and tobacco vanilla so my tastes change depending on the climate in the time of year Etc..

I also wear this, it's sweet like cotton candy not synthetic not like high school cheap or an overpowering or floral I hate florals..
Nothing like PRADA CANDY WHICH SMELLS LIKE OLD LADY.
I'm in my 30's and find this perfectly tasteful well priced & honestly great to sleep in and I love the roller ball at Ulta and the discounts at Nordstrom Rack but I will definitely be checking for those chili peppers

on 3/12/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is way too sweet smelling for me and I love sweet smelling scents. I smelled like cotton candy all day. The packaging is super cute though. I wouldn't say its a bad scent, just too sweet for me.

on 3/11/2016 10:04:00 PM

The version I have (without the chili pepper pictured on it) is very sweet and sugary with a good dose of black licorice. I really don't like the black licorice note. It is very dominant. I still want to try the original version without the black licorice. Gotta look for that red chili pepper on the package!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pink sugar is my favorite perfume ever! It is definitely a girly scent as the name Pink Sugar suggests, but is smells yummy in a not too immature way that some cotton candy scents seem to smell. It opens with a blast of freshly-spun pink cotton candy, and then turns into a pretty caramely scent after a few hours. I have gotten more compliments wearing this perfume than any others in my collection, and I have quite a few! Also, the bottle is soon pretty and looks very glamorous and is so much fun to pull out of your make up bag because of the pink swirly design.

on 3/8/2016 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This fragrance is strong, even as an eau de toilette. The scent is burnt sugar/caramel with a vanilla toffee dry down scent. This is not for everyone. I don't particularly care for it. It is overwhelming and heady. I could see this getting someone nauseous or a headache.

I use this on weekends when I get to the gym. This would definitely mask body odor and sweat. I recommend spraying this the air and walking through. If you spray this on your skin, it will be overkill. But if you like attention and loud scents go full speed ahead.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What's left to say about this perfume that hasn't already been said? Nothing really, except to say that the adorable packaging reminds me of ballerina shoes. I don't know if that was done on purpose, but it's cute as a button.

Overall, both young guys and older gentlemen seem to love this scent. It's very unassuming, unpretentious, incredibly feminine and girly in an unintimidating way, and is something that softhearted females would be attracted to.

Now whether or not it would end up smelling good on them is another story, because this is one of those perfumes that's a bit divisive. I don't know if it's the licorice, but it has a tendency to smell a bit plasticky on some of us.

Also, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it would smell more like cotton candy or something. I don't know. All I know is that it's a sweet, unassuming, uncomplicated fragrance that women with a variety of different tastes might enjoy. Give it a spritz and see if you like it. You might be surprised, because I honestly don't think it's necessarily just for teens and young adults.

on 3/8/2016 9:00:00 AM

Every few years something talks me into trying this again. I've been hearing people rave about this since high school (im 31).

Most recently I have been hearing people call this the "cheap version of prada candy". I love prada candy! I saw kathleenlights rave about this and finally I caved, like hmm. Maybe this go 'round I'll see the magic.

I remember clearly that this perfume is strong-- so strong! I saw they have a "hair perfume" out now, so i figured I would test that out thinking it would be softer.

First off the packaging sucked bc every time I sprayed it the nozzle would leak-- leaving sugar/vanilla scented perfume oil all over. Maybe it was just that mine was defective.

Anyway-- to explain pink sugar.

It starts off with a blast of sugar. Almost a burnt sugar. Not terrible and as to be expected given the name--

Then on me the heart note is licorice. LICORICE--- it's screaming and pulling at my eye sockets. Licorice and lots of it!!

Ok ok. It calms down--- where we at now? Sugar is back. Ok. Vanilla. Hmm... I can live with this. Vanilla is ok.

An hour goes by-- you're being beat over the head with a warm burnt sugary vanilla. Two hours... 4 hours...

Do I get any musk? No. Florals? No...

Is there *anything* to cut down that cloying sugary vanilla confection. Nope. Not at all. It is with you-- just as strong until you eventually wash it off.

If you love sugary and sweet scents I can see someone loving this. I find this nauseating and headache inducing. It somehow gets heavier as it wears...

I think I finally learned my lesson, and this will be my final go around with this one.

Oh. And it is nothing like prada candy!! Just bc two scents are gourmand and vanilla and have a cylindrical bottle do not mean they are the same.

Candy is powdery and musky and soft and just amazing!! Not the same!!

I had been wanting to try this for ages. I finally bought some last weekend. At first I hated it, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about all these years. On my skin, its VERY licorice-y and very burnt smelling. However, if I spray it in my hair, or on my clothes, it's heavenly. So sweet, so yummy, so warm...that's when I see why everyone loves it. I'd definitely recommend spraying it on your clothes before you decide you hate it. I got the big bottle of it, and I'm pretty certain it'll last me forever because I usually don't wear the same scent repeatedly. I've got bottles of perfume that I bought over 10 years ago and I'm still using them. So, repurchasing really doesn't apply to me. Give it a shot, you never know what you might like.

Popular Fragrances