Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

While I have used this product for my lips, dry skin,etc... The most common way I use it is for my feet. I work 15 hour days where I am constantly on my feet. About once a week or so I'll use a pumice stone to scrub any calluses, slather vaseline on my feet and put socks on overnite. When I wake up my calluses are gone and my feet are incredibly soft! When I had a pedicure done for my sister's wedding, the pedicurist commented on how amazing it was that my feet were so soft considering the work that I did. Now THAT'S testimony to a good product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Besides all our favorite uses for Vaseline- I found a new trick and had to SHARE! I learned from Allthatglitters on youtube that she puts vaseline on her feet before putting on high heels and it prevents blistering!

As a heel-aholic, I had to try this out. It totally works! I started putting vaseline on the back of my ankles, sides of my feet or anywhere your shoes would start hurting towards the end of the night. NO soreness or blisters!

Try it! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used eye makeup remover by all different brands, even department store brands like Clinique and Lancome, and none of them beat Vaseline. I use this every day to get off every last bit of my eye makeup. It doesn't irritate and it works like a charm. Can't be without it (I even have a little mini for when I travel!)

I have to agree with all the MUA ladies on this product. It is truly one of the most essential and versatile products in my bathroom. I use it for dry or chapped skin, makeup removal (especially the waterproof stuff), removal of false eyelashes, lip gloss, protect my skin when I'm colouring my hair. I could list a lot more I'm sure. It is soooo cheap, especially drug store brands/versions.

on 12/25/2008 6:15:00 AM

As someone with outrageously reactive skin, this is a life-saver.

I use this as an eye-makeup remover -just gob some on your eyes, rub around a bit, and wipe of with tissue. It does an excellent job, is super cheap, and is the only thing I do not react to. I actually use it as a whole-face makeup remover as well, just apply like a cold creme. Then I shower, use Cetaphil, and then re-apply the Vaseline as a moisturizer sometimes (I alternative with CeraVe Creme)

When my skin is dry or irritated, I use this as a moisturizer. It helps so much on the dry/irritated parts. When I have to use steroid cremes for the eczema, I apply the cremes, let them dry a bit, then put this on top. It helps seal it in, and counteracts (to a point) the way they dry out the skin.

Two negatives: (1) I have bangs, so I can't use this as a moisturizer and then wear my bangs down, I end up re-washing just them in the morning b/c I shower at night, and (2) it's a petroleum by-product. I'd love to not use a petroleum by-product all over my body, but it's the one thing I never react to. So many natural products or organic products I still react to (with the allergies). It must be what works for my body, though I wish it was something different.

Highly recommended. This is my #1 - never any negative reactions, never any problems or itchiness or smells to deal with. CeraVe Creme is #2. Eucerin Creme is my #3.

on 3/25/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. This is not a moisturizer, rather it's a barrier that locks moisture in.

About 5 years ago I was breaking out horribly and tried a plethora of skin care regimes, oral medication, topical medicated ointments/lotions, etc. While waiting for my dermatologist appointment (had a 3 month wait time) I simplified my routine to cetaphil soap, saline solution as a toner, ombrelle lotion (sunscreen) for daytime w/ makeup on top, and vaseline at night. By the time I got to the dermatologist my skin had cleared by about 75%. I was prescibed accutane to clear up the horrible brown scarring from the acne, I continued the above routine as sunscreen is required while on accutane, and the vaseline prevented any flakiness from the accutane treatment.

I finished my one round of accutane, and have continued using vaseline off and on (d/t my obscene need to expirement with everything). I still find this is one of the best products I have in my arsenal.

Note to those who are worried about contaminating the huge tubs of vaseline. I just purchase the tubes of vaseline that are available in the baby section. I just squeeze out the amount needed & don't have to worry about grubby fingers contaminating the product! love this stuff!

Edit to add: in the hosp we use miniscule tubes of pure vaseline to help patients who have extremely dry eyes for overnight, the only ingredient is "petroleum jelly." It does make vision blurry at first as it creates a film over the eye, but that's why we put it in for the patients once they're in bed for the night. This is not used for eye infections (that would have antibiotics) we use polysporin eye ointment for those patients & the base ingredient for their overnight treatments is still petroleum jelly.

on 1/22/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my hg for feet! This stuff is the only stuff (including Kerasal) that will heal and moisturize my scaly, rough, calloused feet. In just 3 days, I had soft, pink pretty feet to slip into a cute pair of sandals! It's the best!