Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

on 1/24/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use it all the time you do need lots of it for it to work lol
. My skin is normal (N15), slightly dry on occasion.

I've had equally good results using this over all of my concealers, which I switch around depending on my mood. Currently I use Cle de Peau concealer in Ivory, Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair, and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. For liquid concealers I make sure to let them set for a minute or two first before applying the powder. It's so lightweight and silky, extremely sheer, and thin so it doesn't look heavy at all. I use a synthetic fluffy brush to apply so it isn't packed on. The shimmer is subtle but if used heavily it does look more obvious. The powder itself is on the luminous side too, so it may be too much of an effect for those who like a matte quality in their makeup.
I haven't used this anywhere other than my undereye area, so the small size isn't an issue. I've had mine for about five months and it doesn't look like I've used much at all yet. But I think depending on how/where you use this will determine how fast you use up the jar. I think a similar effect can be achieved by other products, and any loose powder will probably do just as fine a job setting makeup, but I do like this and will keep purchasing. I'm a huge fan of light reflecting/glowy makeup and so this is right up my alley. Plus I like that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a good product but because I haven't really delved into an exploration of setting powders, I don't have much data to compare this to other under-eye setting powders.

With that said, as soon as I began using this to set my under-eye concealer, it completely improved the performance of my under-eye liner and shadow, as well as the longevity of my tight line on my upper lid. I wear tinted moisturizer, spot conceal and conceal my under-eye circles; the addition of this product makes my overall look polished but still natural. My MUA friend could not tell I was wearing setting powder underneath my eyes.

I apply this with a very slightly damp beauty blender around my eye (360 degrees) once I've let my under-eye concealer set. Be careful not to apply too much, as it will become drying.

My only critique for this product is that I'd like the circumference of the jar to be bigger. Because the jar is so small, I find that when I first purchase the powder overflows and I lose product. This would be okay if this product weren't so needlessly expensive (cheap packing and ingredients--it should be maximum of 22 dollars retail), but it is.

Overall, I will continue to repurchase and use daily until I decide to experiment and change my routine.

on 10/21/2015 11:36:00 AM

NOTHING SPECIAL PEOPLE!!!
I have the ben nye cameo powder and I think it definitely does a better job of concealing and brightening. I seriously think this stuff is just a gimmick and people go for it because of the name and brand.
I really don't think it does much.

Maybe it works for some people? I don't know. I also have the NARS pressed transluscent powder and I think that does a better job. Will be returning this one.

on 11/13/2015 11:21:00 PM

loveee this product! I have really bad under-eye creasing and would walk around with a tiny brush to constantly brush away the creasing throughout the day. I've tried numerous powders but none worked as great as the LM secret brightening powder. Once I started using this powder, the creasing under my eyes diminished significantly and my under eyes looked flawless! I use this powder with my beauty blender; I make sure my concealer is well blended and no lines are visible and then pat the powder on. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great powder, really helps with my under eye creasing/fine lines. Dont use too much though or else you will look overly highlighted.

on 12/4/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What is more recommended, the Secret brightening powder or Translucent loose setting powder? I'm not sure which one to purchase. I feel that if I purchase the secret brighting it will show a lot on pictures. Please give me advice!

on 9/11/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Despite not really having a valid reason for needing this powder, I use it all the time. My skin is normal (N10), slightly dry on occasion (depending on weather and allergies), and I typically don't have issues with my concealer fading or moving around on my skin. But I love the effect this gives my undereye area. It adds a subtle luminosity and a soft glow without looking cakey or powdery. It's one of those products that I can easily remove from my routine, or replace with a more light reflecting concealer, but at the same time it's such a simple extra step with a lot of payoff so I can't see myself not using it.

on 8/25/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It does not brighten the under eye area at all, it does an OK job at setting concealer but can sink into fine lines.

on 6/8/2015 5:29:00 PM

Woah! My under eyes crease a lot and someone recommended this and it's amazing! I've never seen anything like this it stopped my undereyes from creasing and made them look more awake and feel smoother

on 9/29/2015 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to the LM in hopes of getting the regular translucent powder for setting my concealer and to start trying the "baking" technique. I was disappointed to find out that it was out of stock but the lady somehow managed to convince me into getting the Secret brightening powder for my under eyes and said that the other would be super dry. Now over all, the product is nice, but what I don't like about it is that is contains glitter. I would not repurchase this product because I'm planning to get the regular translucent powder