Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

on 3/17/2016 1:57:00 PM

I really like this powder, it does what it claims. I do notice a slight brightening effect under my eyes (I also use Becca's under eye brightening cream). It doesn't crease my concealer and overall I'm satisfied with this product. It is a relatively small jar but a little goes a long way. I haven't tried it out with flash photography yet but rumor has it, it does give off a white cast. I would repurchase :)

For the price of this product and the small amount I expected something better. I felt that it didn't stop my undereyes from creasing at all and added no brightening effect whatsoever. I much prefer the bare minerals translucent powder. You get a lot more for less money and it sets my undereye soooo much better than this powder.

on 1/30/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not work for me.
I used it under my eyes to set my concealer, however, i do not like it.
It said it is a secret brightening powder, it does not brightening for sure!!!
Plus it does not set your concealer well, this product is just a huge turndown for me.

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.

on 1/24/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use it all the time you do need lots of it for it to work lol
. My skin is normal (N15), slightly dry on occasion.

I've had equally good results using this over all of my concealers, which I switch around depending on my mood. Currently I use Cle de Peau concealer in Ivory, Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair, and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. For liquid concealers I make sure to let them set for a minute or two first before applying the powder. It's so lightweight and silky, extremely sheer, and thin so it doesn't look heavy at all. I use a synthetic fluffy brush to apply so it isn't packed on. The shimmer is subtle but if used heavily it does look more obvious. The powder itself is on the luminous side too, so it may be too much of an effect for those who like a matte quality in their makeup.
I haven't used this anywhere other than my undereye area, so the small size isn't an issue. I've had mine for about five months and it doesn't look like I've used much at all yet. But I think depending on how/where you use this will determine how fast you use up the jar. I think a similar effect can be achieved by other products, and any loose powder will probably do just as fine a job setting makeup, but I do like this and will keep purchasing. I'm a huge fan of light reflecting/glowy makeup and so this is right up my alley. Plus I like that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a good product but because I haven't really delved into an exploration of setting powders, I don't have much data to compare this to other under-eye setting powders.

With that said, as soon as I began using this to set my under-eye concealer, it completely improved the performance of my under-eye liner and shadow, as well as the longevity of my tight line on my upper lid. I wear tinted moisturizer, spot conceal and conceal my under-eye circles; the addition of this product makes my overall look polished but still natural. My MUA friend could not tell I was wearing setting powder underneath my eyes.

I apply this with a very slightly damp beauty blender around my eye (360 degrees) once I've let my under-eye concealer set. Be careful not to apply too much, as it will become drying.

My only critique for this product is that I'd like the circumference of the jar to be bigger. Because the jar is so small, I find that when I first purchase the powder overflows and I lose product. This would be okay if this product weren't so needlessly expensive (cheap packing and ingredients--it should be maximum of 22 dollars retail), but it is.

Overall, I will continue to repurchase and use daily until I decide to experiment and change my routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great powder, really helps with my under eye creasing/fine lines. Dont use too much though or else you will look overly highlighted.

on 12/4/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What is more recommended, the Secret brightening powder or Translucent loose setting powder? I'm not sure which one to purchase. I feel that if I purchase the secret brighting it will show a lot on pictures. Please give me advice!

on 11/13/2015 11:21:00 PM

loveee this product! I have really bad under-eye creasing and would walk around with a tiny brush to constantly brush away the creasing throughout the day. I've tried numerous powders but none worked as great as the LM secret brightening powder. Once I started using this powder, the creasing under my eyes diminished significantly and my under eyes looked flawless! I use this powder with my beauty blender; I make sure my concealer is well blended and no lines are visible and then pat the powder on. Would definitely repurchase!

on 10/21/2015 11:36:00 AM

NOTHING SPECIAL PEOPLE!!!
I have the ben nye cameo powder and I think it definitely does a better job of concealing and brightening. I seriously think this stuff is just a gimmick and people go for it because of the name and brand.
I really don't think it does much.

Maybe it works for some people? I don't know. I also have the NARS pressed transluscent powder and I think that does a better job. Will be returning this one.