Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 AM

Burberry Brit is absolutely my favorite fragrance. I wear it all the time, I get lots of compliments on this scent, and whenever it runs out I buy more. I switch back & forth between the EDT and EDP versions, they're both wonderful.

I would describe Brit as fresh and somewhat sporty, warm and vanilla-y, and also little bit powdery and sweet and citrus-y. Excellent staying power. Perfect as an everyday fragrance, this is HG status for me.

A little on the expensive side for a department store fragrance, especially since I always seem to be running out. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

on 12/11/2014 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this frag - the almond is so sweet and delicious and the hint of lime perks it up!

on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...

I bought the Edp and the initial spray is quite bright with the lime, but it quickly goes away. Then it reminds me of sugared and spiced almonds. 30 minutes go by and I'm getting wafts of it, and it keeps reminding me of a perfume I have smelled before. Then it hits me. It reminded me of Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson, so I searched online to see if anyone else happened to compare it to that perfume, and sure enough I found several reviews stating the same thing! I'm not sure I will continue to wear this anymore since all I can think of when I smell it is that old 80s perfume...

on 11/28/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I believe the picture shown is the EDT and my review is for the EDP (the one with the darker plaid markings). I think the packaging is cute and fitting for this classy sent. It's not usually a scent I would be drawn too, I'm more into deep sweet and spicy type of fragrances. But this is very elegant and office appropriate, great for every day wear. It's not the typical fruity or sweet gourmand perfumes that have been very popular lately but nonetheless a classic.
At first it's powerful and fresh, you can really smell the lime and pear notes. Then after a few minutes it dries down into a warm nutty vanilla, the longer it stays on the warmer and sweeter it becomes. Its so comfy on a crisp fall morning, it's comforting and sophisticated. Also the lasting power on this is great as well as the sillage. I'm glad i gave this a chance!

on 11/26/2014 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

A classy scent. Some may find it too mature, but I like to think of Brit for the confident, irrespective of age. It's woodsy with a hint of sweetness in the almond/vanilla.

on 11/16/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I remember loving this all day when I sampled it in Belk, and still loving it when I bought it for a good price at TJMaxx. However, something in it made my nose itch and I sneezed a lot. I can no longer wear it, but still would recommend to others that like light, crisp, sweet (but not too sweet) fragrances.

on 10/6/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought Brit for use as a daytime/office fragrance in the cold weather months. I enjoy fragrances with vanilla and tonka, and I like that this one is balanced with the citrus and pear notes. With that said, it sometimes smells a tad sweet to me. But it lasts an entire day and is not overpowering. I'd buy it again.

on 11/22/2014 12:42:00 PM

Why does this smell like a faux-trendy guy's perfume..? You know the type of perfume- they all have something in common which they share with Brit, an artificial twist that's generally perceived as being "attractive".

on 10/9/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I tried it in the store. I'm not sure if it's long lasting or not, but I do know that the description is so far off from what it really smells like. It's described as fresh and floral, which is the type of scent I never go for. But the description also said, it smelled of pears and almonds which I love, but It doesn't smell like that at all and that's why I didn't like it. It's just an ordinary flowery smell. Boring.

Popular Fragrances