Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.1

on 6/18/2008 2:09:00 AM

I'm sure this color is great for some, but I didn't love it so much. It looks like a nice, lighter peach pink with some gold shimmer in the tube. So first impression was good, because it looks so pretty in the tube! And it looked like it really couldn't disappoint. But for me, meh. It wasn't all bad, it just came off too gold, like more gold than pink. I love the glossimers in general and I think that the quality of the gloss is outstanding: long lasting, thick but not too sticky, beautiful color choices.....just this one wasn't my thing. It is great, but it was just not love. It's funny because I liked it in the store enough to buy it, but I decided basically later in the day that it wasn't my style. Good thing I bought it at nordstrom because of the easy returns!

on 4/15/2008 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Received this item in a swap for an item I paid about $35 bucks for. Not very impressed, I don`t like the texture a whole lot (kinda of goopy sticky), and the color is a tad too frosty for my liking. Looks like MAC Nymphette, which I prefer over this gloss. I`ll still wear it when going to dinner or going out when I want to look a little done up and sexy though. The color is a medium-light pink with gold shimmers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought 'Twinkle' and it is a great peachy pink with gold shimmer for my fair complexion and auburn red hair. It gives my lips just the right amount of moisture and lasts for hours without the need for re-application. I am now on the quest to find the perfect non-shimmer glossimer, more cream than shimmer, because Twinkle is a bit too sparkly for daily use. But overall it is the BEST lip gloss I have ever used in my life and believe me, I've tried them all!

About me
Fair with freckles, yellow/pink skin undertones, sensitive/combination skin. I sunburn very easily. Dark brown eyes and auburn 3C hair.
Holy Grail Skin Care
Nivea Whitening Moisturizer (try it!), Alpha Hydrox 10% Gel, Avon's Tea Tree Cleanser and MicroDermabrasion Scrub, Clean and Clear Astringent, Lancome BiFacil Eye Makeup Remover, Egyptian Magic for eyes and Sofina Sunscreen 50 White.
Holy Grail Makeup
Foundation: Chanel Teint Naturel; Blush:NARS Orgasm; Eyes: BE's Vanilla Sugar and Celestine, MAC Shadestick Sharkskin; Lipgloss - Chanel Glossimer Twinkle, MAC Wet, Wild and Fabulous or Mark's Rose Lip Balm for Day. Estee Lauder's Sugar Daddy or L'oreals HIP in Enchanting for night. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Chanel "Twinkle" is one of my HG lipglosses. It has the perfect consistancy, great shine, great sparkle, great shade. The packaging is beautiful and elegant. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product, other than the price. However, for 30 or something dollars, I am willing to splurge it out for this great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Jeez! $26.50 for l/g is a bit insane but I adore this color. It's a bronzey peach on my light olive skin and the texture is divine. No smell or taste either. Staying power is poor but other than that will rebuy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'd been wanting this for awhile but my counter never had it in stock (so why is it on display I often wanted to ask) anyways finally got my hands on it & I am not disappointed. This is eveything I wanted MAC's Nymphette to be. Quite pigmented, lovely pinky-peachy gold colour. Yes its expensive, but its fabulous.

on 11/2/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love this! I'm a big fan of MAC's Nymphette Lipglass and Twinkle is almost identical. Color is a pink peachy rose with gold shimmer. Consistency is a bit thick but it's not heavy and lasts a good while on the lips. This is my second Glossimer purchase, the first being Jaipur, and I just love them. Will be buying more of Twinkle in the future since this type of shade is a staple in my stash of lipglosses.

Twinkle is a pretty shimmery golden peach color. I normally don't like that type of color, but it actually looks nice on me. I just bought Twinkle a month ago and at first I though it was a boring color (probably because I'm used to wearing dark lipsticks), but now I'm starting to like it. It's a good lipgloss for summer and looks good with dark eyeshadows. It looks good by itself and on top of a lipstick. I'm still not sure if I will buy another if I run out because other brands, which aren't as expensive as Chanel, might have colors similiar to this.

well truly, if there were a lipgloss hall of fame....Twinkle would be the Queen of all! It is so wonderful! The color is amazing, the coverage, texture and longevity are second to none. I love it, and have gone thru at least 6 tubes since i first discovered it. My hubby even puts one in my stocking at Christmas....isn't he a doll? :o)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Before the lip gloss version of the Nars blush with the vulgar name came out, I would call Twinkle the lip gloss version of the Nars blush that shall not be named. The same peachy, flattering to most, light shimmer-y color. That said, on me, Twinkle was goopy and I found the coverage uneven although if I could get it to go on, the color was nice on my PPP NC 15 self.
To be honest I am going to try the Nars gloss of vulgar name now that it has come out and see how it compares to Twinkle. I would maybe buy Twinkle again if I could test the actual tube I was going to buy as the last one I had was leaky and the wand was kinda wiggly. That experience took me off Chanel glosses for a few years until just recently.