MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this pigment in the Holiday Set - which imo is the best time to get pigments cuz you get a bunch at the same time, and you get just the right amount! Kitchmas is a very shimmery lilac colour.. with very little pink. A very cool, silvery lilac colour on me (NC44). Not something I would reach for individually in a store, but would complement purple/pink/silver looks well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a beautiful pigment. However, it is quite chunky in texture and not very smooth or silky in application and since I have been spoiled by other MAC pigments that are way easier to blend and nice & silky, I don't love this one.

that being said, this is a beautiful, blue toned lilac purple color with shimmery, shimmery silver glittery shine. It has fall out too.

I think this color is pretty dupeable, so I would bet that you can find similar colors with Aromaleigh or Fyrinnae, so I am saying it isn't a must have. On the other hand, it wasn't expensive for a small sample in a sifter jar which you can get for swaps or from many online etailers.

I will probably not repurchase when I run out, but this is very pretty. It is really just too shimmery for me to really use it every day, and that is really more of a personal preference. If you like shimmery and shiney, you will love this. I am glad I got a sample and will definitely use up what I have because it is so pretty, but I will try to duplicate this color with other pigments and try to get the texture to be less chunky.

on 7/14/2009 11:15:00 AM

I know that back in 2005 or so, MAC had discountinued this shade and that people had started doing homemade kitschmas pigments, lol. but i really don't see what's so good in this pigment. I love the froty lilac color, but it's TOO shimmery. WAY too much shimmer. When I apply this on my whole lid, it makes me look like a sl**, for God's sake. So I just started using this as an eyeliner. I take an angled liner brush, dip it into this color, spray it with fix+ and apply it on my upper lashline. Looks way better =)

I would never do without this colour. It was my first pigment and is so girly. I foil it to give the best effect. It is similar to milk pigment but more lavender.

on 12/30/2009 7:16:00 AM

I do like this pigment because the color is so feminine and delicate, plus I'm a sucker for shimmers. My only complaint is that the pigment is very heavy and chunky, and fallout is a big problem. It does look great on the inner part of the eye to make a very romantic smokey eye.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually have 2 of these and I love the color, but it looks like chunky glitter on my lids. I don't even put that much on, but it looks very heavy and chunky. Kitschmas is a light sparkly lavender color that looks good all over the lid with a darker purple in the crease like Nocturnelle, Fig. 1, Sketch, or Young Punk.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Not a popular pigment, but I LOVE it. Try using a flat shadow brush, press the side of the brush into the pigment (try using what sticks to the lid or side of the jar), tap off excess, spray brush lightly with mixing medium (water+glycerin), and apply. Layer for super shiny, light purple-pinky color. I would not try to work with this pigment dry. There would be way too much sparkly fallout. My favorite look with this (so far) is kitchmas on the inner 2/3 of the lid blended with some MAC Shale on the outer v and crease and highlight/blend with some Vanilla pig. Very pretty.

I only use this pigment as a highlight shade...so I can not say one way or another if it would be a good shade to work with on your lids.

I reach for this pigment quite often as a highlight...It blends well, and makes quick work blending darker crease colors out.

It is very glittery, but if you are using it to blend matte colors it's not a big deal...and most of the glitter resolves itself if you blend.
If you use another shimmery shade in your crease however, it's way over board! lol

I'd for sure buy it again!!

on 5/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

Love this pigment! This is my fav pigment shade out there!
Packaging is the same as always, so not great nor bad. This colour payoff is so pretty! Can work with most other shades, I love it with coppering eyeshadow or violet pigment when I am doing a 'out there' look. the fallout is a bit annoying, but thats easily sorted by using a primer such as ud primer potion, Or wet tissue paper under the eye when applying it.
Will definatly buy this again!

on 5/6/2009 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this pigment - If you like pale pink then this is great. Really glittery but such a pretty colour in the inner corners of your eye