Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.2

on 1/20/2005 6:32:00 AM

I thought this could be my replacement as I am unable to purchase Bioelements products in Malaysia anymore. I tried the powder in 5Y Medium Light for 2 weeks and I had tiny white heads all over my cheeks and forehead. I stopped for a week or so and they have cleared up. If you have combination and sensitive skin like mine, please do not even bother trying it.

on 7/3/2004 5:06:00 AM

How can I say, it's very good to me.
I love it.......
This is my favourite brand.
Thank you God.

This is my HG, it's soo finely milled and is simply perfect for my skin. Plus I like the sift which comes in the packaging (other loose powders have those plastic coverings with holes in), this is much easier to use IMO. NT1200 in Taiwan

on 4/22/2004 5:34:00 AM

Shu Uemura is fast becoming one of my favorite makeup brands (aside from MAC) because of its no-nonsense, non-gimmicky products. This is best loose powder I've bought. Seriously. I have this powder in 7YR Light. This is a sheer, finely milled powder that leaves a wonderful silky and matte finish on the skin. No chalky residue, and no mask-like effect. Just perfect! The packaging is very practical too. It comes with a puff (which I never use because I'm using MAC #129) and it has a super fine sifter that gauges just the right amount of powder per application when I flip the unopened jar upside down. The price is reasonable for a product of such superb quality.

This is my HG product! The most natural look I've seen! Love the texture and everything about it. Highly recommended!

I've read such good things about this powder I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately it breaks me out. Ingredients list mineral oil which may be the culprit. I'm back to Chantecaille's talc-free version. I was hoping I'd found a less expensive option to Chantecaille, but not yet.

on 2/1/2004 2:49:00 PM

I bought this from an MUA swapper (thank you!). Have never tried a powder like this before. Super fine to the point where you can put a huge blob (by mistake when in a hurry) of it on your face, brush it around and have a non-cakey, super smooth surface - just what I want before I put my blush on. Will not buy a different brand of loose powder again.

on 4/13/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the colorless matte. At first applied, this powder created a smooth flawless finish, I was verry happy with the result since I rarely use powder, for it tends to give the unnatural caky look . Then in an hour, it turned my face into a shiny glass-looking face, and it felt uncomfortable on my skin. At the end of the night when I took it off - I had broken out. I was so disappointed!!! Guess what? It has mineral oil--yuck!!.

Ingredients: Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance.

on 2/13/2004 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pricey but worth every penny. Had to call and order this direct from New York. Could not find it anywhere. Very impressed! Super fine soomth finish. Great translucent color! Great powder!!

on 3/9/2004 9:40:00 PM

This is my HG loose powder. Really nicely milled with exellent color. I'm using 7yr light matte. It is a perfect color for my skin tone. The plus point is that it doesn't break me out like Bobbi Brown did. Since I have an acne prone skin this is A+ for me.