Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.3

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 2/6/2012 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really enjoy this cleanser. It cleans my face, unclogs my pores and makes my face really smooth. :) I gave it a 4 becaaaause it doesn't take my make-up off that well. Of course, I'm not sure a cleanser should take off make-up. I think it should! Anyways, I love this and it lathers super well on my face with lots of water. :D Repurchasing!

My girls use this and got me going on it too. I was at my witts end wiith products that would really make my combo skin all the more oily at the end of the day. Not with this product and I think its because it's not soap. It seemed the more drying the soap, the more my skin dumped out the oil. This product doesn't dry out my skin nor make it feel strpped like most soaps I was using. I can honestly say this is the best cleanser I have ever used, and boy, have I used alot! I am a repeat purchaser of this product to begin with, but even more so now.

on 8/14/2011 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination skin. I am always looking for face wash that is gentle, safe for eyes, and remove makeup without drying skin out. I like to wash my face 2 to three times after removing my makeup with Olive oil or Cold Cream or Albolene. This face wash is gentle after 3 washes my skin does not feel dry.

I have tried so many face washes and now I am kind of making my final list that will have 4 to 5 face wash that I will always have in my bathroom.

This is in my Final List.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First I just want to thank everyone on MUA for your reviews on this product. I decided to buy it after seeing the high ratings, and the fact that 83% would buy it again. That's one of the best ratings I've ever seen on this site for a skincare product. I have been using this for almost a month and it's transformed my skin. Not dramatically, but I am seeing it get better and better every day. I still have the occasional cyst on the underside of my chin. In fact, I have one right now, but it's going away after just a couple of days as opposed to some that last months before I started using Purpose. As far as my actual face goes, completely clear, smooth, and soft. I was so scared that I would break out bad since I've had such horrible luck with drugstore brand skincare. I have had minor breakouts since using this, however I've developed a routine that is really doing wonders for me now. Purpose is 1/3 of the regimen that is making my skin what I have always wanted it to be. Thanks again everyone for your positive reviews. I know now that I can count on you all, and I look up the reviews on my phone while I'm at the store before I buy something.

on 4/16/2011 10:41:00 AM

Initially this product worked great for me, but a few weeks later I noticed it began to really dry out my skin. I have oily skin and this stuff ended up making my face feel flaky and really dehydrated. Also, the pump didn't work right so I had to transfer it to a squeeze bottle.

on 11/4/2011 10:58:00 PM

Target was out of my Cetaphil sensitive skin face wash...so I opted for this. In addition to the Cetaphil my doctor recommended Purpose as well. Purpose is by the far the most gentle face wash that I have ever used. I love that despite it's gentleness it deters my face from becoming a grease-fest by the end of the day while preventing dryness. While my skin can still be prone to the occasional blemish or plug I feel like it's finally reached a consistency that I can deal with. Sorry Cetaphil, I'll be switching over to Purpose for now!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is probably the only facial cleanser that removes more makeup than anything else. I usually use my regular makeup facial wipes before washing my face and then I would use this. This not only works well in removing extra traces of makeup, but it also leaves your skin feeling so smooth like a baby's bottom. I am quite acne prone, but this cleanser has never broken me out. I am currently on my 2nd or 3rd bottle. If you are a huge makeup user and you have sensitive skin, check this gem out.

on 1/3/2011 4:55:00 PM

I have been faithfully using this for over a year now and I am very pleased with this cleanser. It is a very mild formula, soap free, so it makes it very good for sensitive skin. It cleans makeup off my face in one step, I dont need any eye make-up removers whatsoever. I used Cetaphil before this and while it is simlarly a mild formula, it did a bad job washing makeup off. Overall, I will never switch to a different brand!

This is the only cleanser that has washed away all my makeup and kept my skin almost acne-free minus the occasional beasts that like to pop up. I use this with sensitive stridex pads and my skin has never been this clear with any other product. The stidex toner keeps my acne at bay and when i use the pads it doesn't show any makeup so it means all my makeup was taken off with the cleanser. I would deffinately buy this again!

on 3/26/2011 6:27:00 PM

From Lancome, MAC, Neutrogena, this is hands down the best makeup remover I've ever used. First, I lightly rub water on my fully made up face, then lather this cleanser on and all my makeup comes off effortlessly with no oily feeling or irritation. This cleanser is only $5 at Target and lasts for at least 4 months with everyday usage. I'm on my 4th bottle already and I will always repurchase!

Popular Face Skincare Products