Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe i was expecting too much from the great reviews, but i didn't really care for this product that much. It is very soft and finely milled but it looked kind of cakey on my skin and it just felt weird sitting on it. I really liked the color. It is very light and yellow based which is great for counteracting redness, but it just wasn't HG material in my opinion. Definatly not a bad product though...

I'm so impressed with this. I go back and forth on using powder but this one is just so lovely for setting and blending. Very happy with the purchase.

on 7/1/2004 8:36:00 PM

I love this powder. It's expensive but worth the money. Sets the foundation, and lasts the whole day.

on 8/26/2004 10:43:00 AM

LM Loose Powder in Ivory is so finely milled and makes my face look (& feel) flawless! I use this with LM Tinted Moisturizers and any foundations. It has a yellow tone but doesn't make my complexion ashy. Even better than T Leclerc! Will definitely buy again

on 2/1/2005 9:59:00 AM

This is my HG powder. I've been using this for over 5 years now. I love it so much I make sure I always have plenty stocked up on it. I've tried so many powders to see if there was anything better but I always come back to this.

on 1/21/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this loose powder. I have combo/oily skin that gets shiny in my t-zone. I apply this powder after I put on foundation, and it perfects my makeup look. Laura Mercier says you shouldn't notice powder on your face--just an absence of shine--and that's what this does. I have tried every loose powder, practially--Clinique, Chanel, L'Oreal among others--and this one beats them all. This is the only loose powder I have ever repurchased, and I will do so again and again. HG found!

on 12/30/2003 9:41:00 PM

Fabulous, fabulous powder! I wore the LM Translucent shade for a while then realized it was too light for my NW20 skin, especially when worn over bare skin or to dust over sunscreen, so I tried the Ivory shade, and its perfect.
Ivory is yellow-based, which I prefer, and is smack between the LM Translucent and the BB Pale Yellow shades. The texture and feel of this powder are out of this world. Pricey but definitely worth it.

on 5/5/2004 12:37:00 PM

I'll probably never buy another kind of loose powder again. I love this stuff! I'm pale as a ghost, but the Ivory looks better on me than the Translucent. I even use the Ivory when my face is darker when I have self-tanner on and it looks great. I love how this makes my face look, feel, helps with oilyness - just overall the best powder I've ever used!

on 1/16/2004 11:48:00 PM

I currently use LM translucide. Since my pregnancy my skin tone turns really pale and the translucide just makes my face so pasty and sometimes grayish. So, I give the Ivory a go and surprise2, it warm up my skin tone back to normal although for some reason it produces more oil on my T-zone. Moreover, I like this one better than the Bobbi Brown's Sheer Loose. I tried both on each side of my face and I could SEE that LM's loose sets better on the skin. It is like wearing nothing; on the other hand, BB's loose stay much longer and turn out OK after it blends with my skin natural oil. Anyhow, I love both brands...I just prefer LM's to set foundation and have instant effect that I could really see and I purchased Pale Yellow of BB in the compact. PUURRRFEEECTT..

on 3/23/2004 2:44:00 PM

Ingredients: talc, cornstarch, silica, polyethylene, isopropyl myristate, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, manganese violet, carmine.

Now for the good part - this powder rocks! I was a faithful devotee of LM's translucent powder, but the little extra coverage this gives is worth it. Plus, she had discontinued her pressed powder in ivory. Also, for no foundation days, this doubles as a powder to use with concealer only. And the tub is huge; it will last forever.