Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great finish on this foundation.

. It makes my dry skin appear dewy & fresh. The color match is great (I'm a Stila B & it's #2) & the scent is faint. I don't like the pump-you can't control the amount that comes out. And it is expensive.

Will most likely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely impressed with this foundation. I have normal to dry skin with some redness around my nose. This foundation wears all day and gives my skin a warm radiant glow. I wear it alone and without powder.

Very happy with it so far. I also have best results with applying with a foundation brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.

on 5/4/2016 1:41:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have tried many many foundations over the years. I had heard so many great things about this foundation that I had to try it. I am so glad I did, this stuff is liquid gold and unfortunately the price reflects that.

This foundation leaves a beautiful finish on the skin and dries to a demi matte finish. It's neither dewy or completely matte. In my opinion it makes your skin look younger because it doesn't settle into fine lines and looks so fresh. I have worn full coverage foundations for many years but lately I felt like my skin was looking dry and the foundation was emphasising my fine lines.

I would call this a medium coverage but certainly buildable without looking cakey or mask like. I set this with It Cosmetics Bye Bye pores loose powder and this takes it next level. It looks so smooth and luminous and lately my skin has been a bit prone to redness and breakouts but this covered it no problem at all. I will be purchasing this again in the future and wish I had tried it years ago.

on 4/23/2016 7:18:00 PM

I picked up this product a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to put it down ever since! Once you buy luminous silk you will never go back, i love the way it makes my skin look like my skin but better instead of a cakey affect.. so light and natural and leaves a lovely dewy look. not to ott just how it should be.. Packaging is very sleek and looks very luxe! Its on the pricey side but is worth every penny in my opinion, i have found my Holy Grail foundation! Also this foundation makes my skin look so perfect and just blurs out my imperfections and redness.. Provides good coverage but i do find i need to blend in some concealer to hide Red blemishes but apart from that it makes my skin look almost flawless im so happy i brought it.

So if your considering buying please do!! wont be dissapointed! :)

on 3/17/2016 2:00:00 AM

Not moisturizing for someone who has dryer, thinner skin. I also think it settles in fine lines, even with a primer. I'm on the hunt for a foundation that feels like Ellie Faas foundation but without the price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG foundation for the last 2 years. This foundation lasts all day on my oily, sensitive skin.
It wears beautifully and looks the most natural of any heavy coverage foundation that I have ever tried. It comes in many shades!
It *does not* break me out, which is rare. Probably because it's made with castor oil. I find that my skin loves castor oil and it's truly non-comedgenic. Also it is not a short-chain fatty acid (these aggravate adult acne, psoriasis, and eczema).
The downside is the *price* but 2 bottles get me through the year of 5 day per week use and I already know that I love it so I save time, grief, and money on trying out no new stuff.
I have been very happy with most of my Armani beauty purchases.

Love this foundation one of the best i've tried!!!
For the one's that love glowy skin, those day's you don't want to use to much makeup and highlighter this foundation is for you!!
And it stays all day (8h).

on 1/20/2016 6:23:00 PM

After reading the reviews and seeing how pricey this foundation is, I was expecting better result than I received. It goes on evenly and blends well but so do a number of drugstore foundations, I just didn't understand the hype, it was average at best, certainly didn't see a "glow", meh. I will go back to my Clinique foundation.

on 1/11/2016 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my "splurge" foundation, and as such I haven't had a new bottle in over 3 years. I decided to bite the bullet after getting some unexpected $ around the holiday, and I'll stretch it out as long as possible.
This formula was meant to emulate the finest of textiles "face fabric", as it is described. Indeed it does feel very silky, glides over the skin with ease and blends beautifully. One caveat: if you're oily? Lasting Silk will be your best bet; this will make your face one greasy mess. For older women like myself who are experiencing painful dryness this will be a great ( if pricey) panacea. That brings me to the description of my skin/ complexion for reference: dry, dry, dry! I'm talking heavy face balm and sweet almond oil to prep beforehand, and I can apply layers and layers before it feels supple again. I also suffer from rosacea; I had no idea what was going on though I have some medical background. It seemed as though I got sunburned and never recovered from it. My optometrist of all people diagnosed it as I have the dry eye that can accompany the facial inflammation.
So, I'm very self conscious of my facial redness and need something to cover AND hydrate without feeling as though I'm wearing a mask, and LSF works beautifully on both counts.
I couldn't recall what shade I used in the past- I think I bought mine at Saks previously and as it was years ago I haven't the foggiest. I decided to go with Sephora's shade match; I'm 127 in the MUFE HD stick ( also great for dry skin and on the go), NC25, C2 in MAC and SX06 in Kevyn Aucoin. I was matched with 4.25 "light skin with peachy undertones" ( you'll see from my profile photo I'm a natural redhead) and it is a pretty decent match. It looks scary at first ( VERY warm/ peach) but blends in and looks natural after it "sets".
I feel like I've written a book already, but this is my system of layering: moisturizer, primer ( I like Becca Backlight for the glow- at 43 I need all the glow I can get!) then foundation applied with either a BeautyBlender or Tarte foundation brush. I go over dark circles/ eye bags ( I have serious luggage) with concealer ( usually Hourglass or UD Naked Skin) THEN set with Sonia Kashuk glow powder ( great dupe for NARS LRP). I only get oily on my lids and nose, so I'll use blotting papers or touch up with powder and it will last all day.
So in closing, pros and cons:
Pros: great for dry and/or mature skin, comes in a pump dispenser, fair amount of shade options, feels light yet coverage is adequate.
Cons: price, availability ( my local Sephora doesn't carry it), glass bottle, definitely not ideal for anyone combination to oily or oily.