Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Love this foundation one of the best i've tried!!!
For the one's that love glowy skin, those day's you don't want to use to much makeup and highlighter this foundation is for you!!
And it stays all day (8h).

on 1/20/2016 6:23:00 PM

After reading the reviews and seeing how pricey this foundation is, I was expecting better result than I received. It goes on evenly and blends well but so do a number of drugstore foundations, I just didn't understand the hype, it was average at best, certainly didn't see a "glow", meh. I will go back to my Clinique foundation.

on 1/11/2016 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my "splurge" foundation, and as such I haven't had a new bottle in over 3 years. I decided to bite the bullet after getting some unexpected $ around the holiday, and I'll stretch it out as long as possible.
This formula was meant to emulate the finest of textiles "face fabric", as it is described. Indeed it does feel very silky, glides over the skin with ease and blends beautifully. One caveat: if you're oily? Lasting Silk will be your best bet; this will make your face one greasy mess. For older women like myself who are experiencing painful dryness this will be a great ( if pricey) panacea. That brings me to the description of my skin/ complexion for reference: dry, dry, dry! I'm talking heavy face balm and sweet almond oil to prep beforehand, and I can apply layers and layers before it feels supple again. I also suffer from rosacea; I had no idea what was going on though I have some medical background. It seemed as though I got sunburned and never recovered from it. My optometrist of all people diagnosed it as I have the dry eye that can accompany the facial inflammation.
So, I'm very self conscious of my facial redness and need something to cover AND hydrate without feeling as though I'm wearing a mask, and LSF works beautifully on both counts.
I couldn't recall what shade I used in the past- I think I bought mine at Saks previously and as it was years ago I haven't the foggiest. I decided to go with Sephora's shade match; I'm 127 in the MUFE HD stick ( also great for dry skin and on the go), NC25, C2 in MAC and SX06 in Kevyn Aucoin. I was matched with 4.25 "light skin with peachy undertones" ( you'll see from my profile photo I'm a natural redhead) and it is a pretty decent match. It looks scary at first ( VERY warm/ peach) but blends in and looks natural after it "sets".
I feel like I've written a book already, but this is my system of layering: moisturizer, primer ( I like Becca Backlight for the glow- at 43 I need all the glow I can get!) then foundation applied with either a BeautyBlender or Tarte foundation brush. I go over dark circles/ eye bags ( I have serious luggage) with concealer ( usually Hourglass or UD Naked Skin) THEN set with Sonia Kashuk glow powder ( great dupe for NARS LRP). I only get oily on my lids and nose, so I'll use blotting papers or touch up with powder and it will last all day.
So in closing, pros and cons:
Pros: great for dry and/or mature skin, comes in a pump dispenser, fair amount of shade options, feels light yet coverage is adequate.
Cons: price, availability ( my local Sephora doesn't carry it), glass bottle, definitely not ideal for anyone combination to oily or oily.

on 12/20/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am really satisfied with this foundation. As the name already says, it has a luminious fininish which is a must for a mature and dry skin. Lovely...

on 11/28/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Recently repurchased my second bottle. I used to use LM mineral foundation, cakey and no, no, no. The GALS bottles last a VERY long time using 1-2 pumps per application. I have normal to dry skin with a slightly oily t-zone, with red-pink undertones, and GALS 4.5 shade matches and evens my skin tone out beautifully. I do not use for full coverage, and some blemishes do show through a little, but I don't mind that. I use a small bit of concealer to cover up blemishes. I apply the foundation with my fingers or the GA blender brush, directly over my moisturizer. The GA blender brush does do something different for the application, but I'm not convinced it's better than using clean fingers. The foundation lasts all day even when I'm running around in the hospital, and it looks natural and beautiful. I bought the GALS compact pressed powder for touch-ups, but I rarely need to touch up! Sometimes I mix the foundation with GA fluid sheer for a 'dewy' look, and use other fluid sheers for liquid blush. Love love love. Huge shout-out to the sales manager at the GA counter at Bloomingdales on 59th st in NYC for his excellent, amazing teaching on how to apply.

I've used many many foundations from drug store to high end, and I like the dewy look that doesn't look thick and cakey
This foundation is magic.
It goes on light but is very Easy to build up to a more fully coverage!
It hydrates the skin. Makes pores look smaller. And stays put all day.
Without the mask look!
It truly looks like skin!
Also applies like a dream. The price is steep. But you do get what you pay for.
I do like to try other brands, as I'm a make up junkie. But non of them live up to this one.
Love this foundation!

I didn't want this to live up to the hype. I really didn't. I did not want my HG foundation to be $62. But it is.

I didn't even wear foundation for years because it breaks me out and looks unnatural. An SA recommended this to me and sent me home with a sample. It's easy to apply. Goes on smooth, blends nicely. It's thin enough that it's not goopy but it's not too watery either. It's just perfect. It's dewy enough that my face doesn't look dry but matte enough that it doesn't look greasy either. I have combo skin so that's not something I'm used to. It lasts an 8 hours workday. Shade 5 blends perfectly with my skin. It looks like my skin but better, which I never believed was possible. It also does not oxidize like many other formulas do on me.

After falling in love with this product I was determined to find something that works as well but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I tried MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, NARS, Revlon, L'Oreal...and finally gave up. This is it. This is The One. I curse myself every time I buy it, but it works like nothing else.

Packaging is great. The pump works well, it doesn't leak, the bottle looks nice (as well it should for $62!!!)

My *only* complaint is that it has a very slight fragrance. I would prefer no fragrance at all. Does anyone like fragrance in their foundation? I don't know why you would, but they all seem to have it!

If you're picky and you hate foundation, give this a try. But try at your own risk. It will forever ruin all other liquid foundations for you.

I *really* like this. Not being stingy with my lipsticks, but I'm saving five for that one foundation that is 100% perfect!! (And I don't know if that even exists!!) This almost is... The colour match is great, it looks lovely on my skin and the staying power is OK. I think if you needed some heavier coverage this wouldn't be for you, but if you're after a more light to medium coverage it works well. I usually just use it on its own, applied with my Zoeva 104 buffing brush, but on a particularly good skin day, I did sheer it out a little with a spray of Mac Fix+ on my brush before application. I like it a lot - and for now it's my go-to foundation; I'll definitely re-purchase.

on 3/21/2015 9:57:00 PM

I love this foundation. The texture is so smooth and very silky. This foundation gives medium with luminous finished as it claim. I bought mine in shade 5.75 great match. This line come in lots of colors selection which is super for all skin tones. The only con is $62 before taxed but worth every pennies. Yes as long as this foundation still in the market I will buy this again. It hard to find a great product especially great foundation. Worth the hype great job Giorgio Armani. Thumb up. This will be my love all year round. Update 05/16/2017; I bought in shade 6 at Sephora this time but personally prefer shade 5.75 more but I do have yellow undertone so I can where shade 6 also. Now I have dry skin all year round I used luminous silk all year round it became my skin favorite foundation. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i had heard so much hype on this product i was very excited to try it. i had my color matched for me at the armani counter. the color right away seemed a tad orange for me but it was the best match they had. kind of disappointing for the price but my biggest problem is that is so drying on my skin. i do have very dry skin, and have to be very picky about my concealers. (I've been loving make up forever full cover concealer) so, back to their foundation: as soon as i apply it it starts to settle into tiny little flakes and pores that were invisible before i applied it. sort of the opposite of what it's supposed to do, right? i expect more from armani products. i see other reviewers had the same experience. and still others adore this. my take: if you have dry skin, mature skin, or large pores, skip this one.