Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 4/5/2018 11:13:00 AM

I have had this foundation for over a year.
I love it. I use it then get bored and try other foundations but I always come back to this one.
For me it's perfect.
It lasts all day with good primer and setting spray.
It's a light - medium coverage which is all I want.
It's expensive but worth it.
I'm not a fan of glass bottles as they tend to fall out of my cabinet into my sink and smash plus it's hard to get every drop out with glass.
But I will keep buying and I need to learn there is no better foundation out there.

on 3/30/2018 5:17:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation! I have dry-combination skin and rosacea, and therefore a lot of redness to cover up + bumps and flakiness. After I started using Soolantra the texture of my skin has improved immensely, and I also use a lot of skincare to tackle dehydration which has helped give me a better base.

This foundation goes on so smoothly, gives you a lot of time to work it in before it sets and gives a beautiful finish. I work it in in several thin layers and spend a lot of time blending and pressing it in with a beauty blender, which I find gives the most skinlike finish. I go over my cheeks, chin and center of my forehead until I have the coverage that I need and it never goes cakey. You can build it up to medium+ coverage. The t-zone gets oily throughout the day with this one, but that is not a big concern for me with all my other skin problems, and I find that you can blot and powder through the day without ruining the look.

I also like to mix this with Armani maestro glow on drier days which gives a dewier finish, and I mix in a drop of Face atelier´s white foundation during winter time. I´m in the shade 2 which is fair neutral, but I find that it leans a bit yellow. Might try to mix with the shade 4.75 to get a cooler and bit darker shade for the summer months.

All in all, I find that this works well for my dehydrated textured skin and gives a great amount of coverage if you work with it a bit.

on 3/30/2018 4:33:00 PM

I was in the market for a new foundation and after hearing so much about it from different sources I went with this product. I was disappointed by how patchy it gets after a few hours and when I was getting my makeup done by professional she commented that it was a bit dry. My skin is generally normal-combo so if you have any leaning towards dry skin I would stay away from this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

An absolute no-no on combination to dry skin. I bought this after reading all the raving reviews and I regretted it immediately. Upon putting it on (with a brush), it clung to my dry patches and after just one hour I looked like an oily mess, despite not having oily skin. I really wanted to like it and tried many other ways of applying it and different products underneath, but nothing worked. One of the worst foundations I have ever tried. Get a sample before committing!

on 3/10/2018 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For years I have been watching youtube videos reviewing this foundation. I finally caved and bought it. I really wanted not to like it since it is pricey. But I love it! It blends so nice and looks great on my skin. I have dry skin in the winter and oily in the summer. I am a bit oily with this though but I still love it.

Beautiful foundation. It has a satin finish and the coverage is medium. You can build it up a bit. I apply it with a damp beauty sponge and set with a bit of MAC mineralize skin finish natural. I have dry skin with a moderate but stubborn en acne and it does not cover it all, but it does not accentuate the bumps under the skin either. Im something around NC20, quote pale and yellowish/greenish (damn that doesn’t sound good, ha) and the shade 4.0 matched me like a dream! Ist quite expensive though. That’s why had to deduct one star.

on 3/2/2018 2:35:00 AM

A very good foundation that has an exceptionally skin-like finish.
Colour range is superb and makes it easy to select the correct match for everyone and for every season.

The formula’s success lays in its genuine simplicity really. And this is what makes this foundation so versatile too.
It is basically a blend of a volatile silicone oil and a hydrocarbon along with glycerin as humectant and some added powders to have a more elegant finish. It does contain some fragrance ingredients.

It is a pity that it does not contain some environmental-protective actives or anti-inflammatories to make it even better and “justify the price”.
However, excluding the ingredients (actives) that are totally unnecessary for the formula, makes it also suitable for all, even for a very sensitive skin-type.
People that use the LRP Cicaplast Balm will have surely made the connection that this foundation indeed feels very much like the Balm, just lighter. (the structural formula of both of these products are very similar indeed.)

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tristearin, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Diphenyl Dimethicone Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum / Fragrance, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal [ /- May Contain CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides CI 77007 / Ultramarines Mica

on 2/27/2018 11:01:00 PM

This is a nice satin foundation that is sheer to medium coverage. I think I’m a bit bitter because I paid $100 dollars and the counter lady sold me the wrong colour and you can’t take it back in Australia. I’d already opened and tried it. I told her I dont want to be super pale and hate strong pink tones as it brings out my redness. She sold me 3.75 after matching me and I didn’t realise in the shop that it’s exactly what I told her I didn’t want. So pink and rosy and too light. Pigmentation shows right through and looks even pinker.
Such a waste of money. However I think I’d really like it in the correct colour as a medium silky smooth foundation. Can’t comment on longevity as I don’t wear it on long days. I try to use it up on weekends only during the day.

This is probably my favorite foundation, it's pretty sheer and not full coverage but it blends so nicely and works so well on my skin even though I have dry skin problems!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing lightweight, medium coverage foundation. It has great lasting power and wears beautifully throughout the day. My hands-down favourite thing about this foundation is the colour match I got, I find it so difficult finding fair shades that don't have strong pink undertones or strong yellow undertones but this one has the perfect neutral fair shade that doesn't oxidize at all.

I would for sure recommend this product, and also I find it's best applied with a dense brush or fingertips. A sponge would just be a total waste of product.