Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 12/25/2011 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used lots of eyelash curlers over the years-- everything from Revlon and Sonia Kashuk to Shiseido, Tarte, and Shu Uemura. Shu has long been my favorite, but I decided to try out Kevyn Aucoin's after Sephora stopped carrying Shu's.

This curler performs inconsistently for me, at best. Sometimes I need to apply more pressure than others. Often one of my eyes looks good and the other set of lashes comes out crimped. I rarely get great lashes on both eyes with a quick, gentle squeeze (which is the way the Shu Uemura curler performs). Perhaps it's something about the way the Aucoin curler is balanced or the shape of the pad. It's not a terrible curler-- it does the job, and it hasn't ripped my lashes out. But I have to put lots of effort into squeezing the curler at *just* the right angle and for *just* the right amount of time. I'll be ordering a new curler from Shu pretty soon.

on 11/17/2011 10:38:00 AM

Effective and pinch-free curlers for my short, spare, straight Asian lashes. These fit perfectly against my face, allowing the curlers to grip the base of my lashes for a full doll-like curl, without pinching (which happens with my Shiseidos). Shu does a great curler, of course, but the Kevin Aucoin is just as effective for me and much easier to buy here in New York. My lashes don't hold any curl whatsoever without mascara, so using these curlers alone (or any curler in the world) isn't enough. But these curl my lashes quickly and painlessly, holding gently for 5-4-3-2-1 and I slap a coat of Lashblash Length and voila, curled, black lashes for 8-hours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a great product. I usually settle for drugstore makeup, but all of my cheap eyelash curlers pinched, and pulled my lashes out. After losing quite a few lashes, I decided that enough was enough. I would have bought a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, except for the fact that it was TOO flat for my asian eyes. It rested so perfectly on my lash line, that it was almost impossible NOT to pull out my lashes with it. If you went to close, it would pull, or if you went too far from the lash line, it wouldn't do anything! After trying the Shu, I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin. This curler was amazing! The curve of the curler is bound to fit any eyelid shape, as it contours to mine just as well as my friends' double lid eyelids. The curl is beautiful and natural, unless you want that "L" shaped oomph, and squeeze it a few more times. I was also a bit concerned with how long it would last. With my drugstore eyelash curlers, once a little line appeared on the pad, it wouldn't curl anymore. You can imagine how disappointed I was was when I tried it once and the line was already there! I was very disappointed with that gigantic waste of money, so I used it a few more times just to be sure it was spent. It still worked! There is a little line there, that might seem like it would signal distress, but it hasn't effected the performance at all! I love this, and will definitely re-purchase. Another concern was tat the pad was really soft. The firm pads, I've noticed will give more of an "L" shaped, while these will be a bit more gentle. The soft pad is not a representation that it won't last very long, it still works great! $20 may seem like a lot, but already it's saved me a ton because I don't have to continue re-buying $6-$7 dollar eyelash curlers every week. (P.S. I've had mine for about a month, and it still works like new. Drugstore eyelash curlers worked for about a week at most for me.)

on 7/25/2011 3:23:00 PM

Love Love Love my KA.I felt lost when I tried to buy another(mine was stolen from gym bag grrr) from Sephora n was told they no longer carry the brand boy was i disappointed,I found a new store that carries my fav eyelash curler of all curlers.Big plus no shipping YAY!!!Can't wait

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchase this the other day, I finally snapped at my cheap eyelash curler for always making me cry everytime I use it, and decided that it was time to invest in something a little pricey just to see if it worked any better.
I had in my mind the Shu Uemura, Utowa and this one Kevyn Aucoin. I decided to go for this one first. At $48AUD it wasn't cheap, as soon as I got back to work I use it to curl my lashes, to my suprise there was hardly to no pinching at all, so it was pain free curling. There was no snagging or pulling of my lashes which I was soo happy about, the packaging was different with the red pad. Usually with my cheap curler, everytime I took it off my eyes, some of my lashes get pulled off as well.This one actually get almost every single one of my lashes and the thing that impress me was that it never bundle my lashes together like the cheaper ones do, it actually fans them out as it is curling.
I will be looking at investing in the Utowa and most definitely the Shu Uemura one, but for now this one is excellent.
For those of you that dont see the difference between this a cheap curler, trust me just at least invest in one and you will see the difference. I put up with the pinching for 2 years from cheaper curlers because I couldn't see the difference between this and a normal one. Now that I got this I really regretted putting up with all that pain from the last 2 years.

on 1/12/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this to replace the cheap brands I'd been using and not having good results with. Only time will tell if it's worth the extra money. One of it's attributes is that it's extremely sturdy compared to curlers I've had in the past. I don't know that it curls any better but it does curl w/o crimping. I had a cheap ELF curler I used for years then it broke. I bought a new ELF curler and it just wasn't the same, so I moved on to a Revlon Gold and then a La Crosse which happened to be the exact same style as the Revlon but a different color (silver). I still have them, but both are flimsy compared to this one.

This is a nice curler. I like that it opens wider than most curlers.

On a whim, I bought this to replace a Shu Uemera curler and I LOVE IT! It curls more gently than SU and the red pad lets you see your lashes more clearly (and make sure the curler is positioned corrrectly) than a traditional black pad.

I've had this for four years, and it is definitely a staple. I have used my friend's shu eumera curler and didn't notice any difference.

on 4/22/2009 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is the best curler I've used to-date although not HG and is much preferred over my Shu and Shiseido curlers. It captures more of my lashes than any other curler and gives them a beautiful curl without crimping them. It also fits my eye shape better so that I get minimal pinching even though my eyes are on the small side. I can also get the curler quite close to the base of my lashes to give them a higher lift. The red rubber pad is a lovely touch. I'm really disappointed though that they don't make replacement pads for this and make you buy an entirely new curler.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools