Dior Addict Lip Gloss- A Nibble of Nuts-123

No Image

Whoa! this is really impressive. Very wet and shimmery looking with lots of sparkle/glitter. Highly Recommend. I refuse to use Dior glosses because of the horrible scent and they irritate my lips, but they've improved on these Ultra-Glosses! The scent is not the best but it's no longer irritating/annoying, not sweet or perfumey... kind of like Stila lip gloss palettes.

on 8/14/2003 12:14:00 AM

Taste like chemicals, but fades after 20 seconds. Color is flashy gold with pink, not too shiny, great when paired with a nude lipstick.

on 6/12/2003 3:36:00 PM

This is a wonderful color. It reminds me of CK Mango (which is soon to be discontinued) It is a sort of opalescant sheen. A golden color, with flashes of pink. Absolutely beautiful. So glimmery and sexy. The only complaint I have is the taste and smell. It is so chemical. Bleh. It disappears quickly though, and would not prevent me from purchasing again.

on 8/7/2003 5:57:00 PM

This addict lipgloss looks frosty and too light in the package, but on the lips it's a subtle champaignish gold with pink shimmer. Looks gorgeous worn alone or mixed with other lipglosses and lipliners. Applied sheerly, it gives a really nice nudish beige gold lip. Doesn't dry out the lips and lasting power is above average. The only bothersome thing is the scent--but for the color, i can easily ignore it :)

Again, a decent gloss similar in consistency to the others in this series. Not pigmented enough to make an impact, and there are other cheaper glosses like Mirenesse Cepheus mirror gloss which look exactly like it and much more moisturising, minus the signature Dior fragrance. I cannot fault the packaging though.

on 7/25/2003 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love these Dior Addict glosses! Beautiful packaging and great wear. #123 is a very pretty shimmery golden beige and looks great with a tan. I also have A BITE OF TOFFEE, A LICK OF TAFFY and A CRUNCH OF CHOCOLATE. TOFFEE is my absolute favorite.

Now I know why they're called ADDICT glosses -- I can't get enough of them!
continued >>

on 4/3/2003 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was not that happy with this shade. Nibble of Nuts is a very pretty champagne beige shade with irridiscent pink flashing in the tube, but on it lost all that color and was just a plain beigey shimmer on my lips. I put a pink liner underneath to kinda give it more color and its looked ok but I didnt think its worth $22! The gloss itself has a nice texture, not too sticky or goopy with a faint sweet smell that fades in about 10 minutes. I really like the quality of the gloss just not this shade for me. (nc30, brown hair and brown eyes)

It took me a while to like this shade but finally I fell for it. The first time I tested it I think I used a bit too much and it left my lips looking like they were smeared with peanut butter.. not a nice sight. Second time round I started with a nude lipstick as a base and dabbed just a bit of this on top and wow it was perfect! I have fairly pigmented lips and olive complexion so it's sometimes hard to find a good nude lipgloss which will show but won't wash my complexion out and I think I've found it!

on 1/23/2003 3:15:00 AM

An iridescent beige with a pink hue, creates a soft and natural effect. High-shine, lightweight texture.

on 5/29/2003 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ugh, I cannot stand the name of this lipgloss! I would be quite reluctant to ask for it by name at the Dior counter. This is a lovely peachy-champagne shade with a slight irridescence (not a sparkly or glittery shimmer). Although the color of this gloss is a bit light for me, it does make a nice sheer wash of shine on my lips. I prefer colors with a bit more depth to them, but this shade is nice alone if you're looking for a very natural gloss, or it works well to layer over just about any shade of lipstick to give it more dimension and shine. Overall, a nice wearable gloss, and worth a look if you're near a Dior counter.