Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was so bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm pale so this looks a little silly on my face. It's too yellow. I saw all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about this product so I thought "It must look good on all skin tones" It looks beautiful on darker skinned women though. The one thing I love about this product is how it's a shaker bottle. I wish more loose setting powders came in containers like this.

Love it , every woman should have it ! Covers very good dark circle and doesn't crease . For combination skin is best to use as it does prevent excess of oil .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you sweet baby Jesus for the underground makeup community. I bought this stuff thanks to hearing a bit of the hype surrounding it and stumbling on it in a costume shop in Monroe. HOLY FREAKING GRAIL. I have olive skin but I'm a bit paler, so this is fantastic for me. Also I live in the extremely humid south and this is the best powder for keeping the oil in check that I have ever found. Fantastic coverage that you can easily control. Goes on like a dream. It's a little dramatic for me for everyday (I like the natural "glossier girl" look for everyday), but damn, if you want dramatic beauty blogger, this is what is UP.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this so much, I first heard of it when I saw a video of Kim K using it and seeing as I'm totally obsessed with her makeup and hair I just had to try it and I feel in love !!! It's perfect to set my concealer expecially when I'm going for a more matte look rather then a dewy look, I spray tan & naturally I have yellow undertones & it looks beautiful, also doesn't crease and I have extremely dry skin so that's a plus ! and it's affordable and you get a lot of product :)

Well I finally managed to get my hands on this product and so I can write a review. The first thing to note is that this powder despite the name is not yellow. It's more like an apricot shade. So on lighter skins, it can definitely make you look orange. I don't think it's intended for light skins. I am about NC20 or between NC20-25, and I can just about use this with great care and applying a bare minimum with a brush. It does counteract redness a little (which is why I wanted to try it). I applied it carefully on top of a sunscreen-TM mix which left me with a slightly white face, and it brought my face back to a "normal" colour. The texture is very fine, and otherwise I can say it's a very good powder, but no miracle product. It's quite comparable to my Laura Mercier loose powder in terms of texture. Oil control - fine, not extraordinary. So I could easily buy this again, but given the colour is not a slam-dunk for my skin tone, I may buy another shade from Ben Nye. The price is excellent for the quantity and quality of product that you do get.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, it's gives my makeup a perfect finish I have dark tone yet it's good for highlighting. ....I love this again and again

I'm in love with this powder! It's my ride or die. It it perfect on its own or over foundation. I've had it for over 1.5 years and I'm only 1/3 of the way through my 1.5 ounce container- a little goes a long way! I just wish that the packaging was easier to disperse when on the go. I tap it onto my bathroom counter to use but you need to make sure it is sterilized and dry. Overall an amazing project.

So I purchased the Ben Nye Banana Powder for setting my concealer under my eyes. I was so excited because apparently Ben Nye Cosmetics is infamous to the stars. Turns out it has 3 parabens and talc (asbestos forming.) On top of that I did not see what all the fuss was about, it works just as good as other setting powders I have used. The upside is the cost, so if parabens and talc don't bother you it is very affordable. Wish I would have checked the ingredients before purchase.