Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.6

on 1/17/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had a lot of patience while trying to work with this product. Even though I loved the way the Raspberry shade looked on me, I just couldn't deal with the annoying tube that kept spilling whenever I opened it.
This is also hard to blend...if you dont do it quick enough, it will dry and leave your face looking clownish and streaky. I would opt for something else. I almost threw mine away when the friggen thing spilled all over after I opened it but ...kept it because I tried it on my lips and it made a great lip stain.

on 1/7/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ive recently rediscovered this product, and Im obsessed with it. I use it as a cheek & lip stain. I have all the colors- Raspberry (berry-pink), Brownberry (brownish-red, similar to Clinique Black Honey) and Coralberry (bright peachy-red). Ive come to appreciate the metal tube (even though it oozes product at first and is easily dented) because its simple and lacks the excess plastic packaging of so many other products. The product itself is extremely concentrated, and it ends up being a good value (even though $10 for a tiny tube seems a bit steep at first). I apply a drop to my fingertip and blend quickly onto each cheek. I always apply overtop moisturizer or dewy foundation (lately Ive been mixing a drop with Patricia Wexler MMPI Serum which makes it more blendable, and my cheeks positively glow!) It will stain my fingertip, but fades within an hour or two. It looks like my cheeks are naturally blushing, and it lasts all day. Applied directly to my lips, this always looked blotchy and uneven, until I discovered mixing it with lip balm (I like C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm, since the texture is thin, it mixes well). I mix equal parts in a little pot with a lip brush and apply it in thin layers to my lips, until I get the desired intensity. I will sometimes mix the shades, to further customize the color. The staying power is excellent (4-5 hours) and Ill just top it with some gloss/balm if my lips start to feel dry. All in all, this is an excellent, versatile product. It just takes some experimentation.

on 5/13/2007 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i got this in Coralberry for my birthday present. the tube is surprisingly small but i'm even more surprised that you need just a teeny tiny bit and so this seems like it will last forever. very fast drying, and looks natural. great for traveling. it stains my fingers, but i'm fine with that, i mean its a cheek stain, its supposed to stain anyway. i agree with every one else about the package. it tends to ooze out more than it should.

on 11/2/2007 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only blush I always have to have in my stash. I've tried others but I always go back to this one for everyday use. Yes, the packaging isn't the best, as others have said, and I have wasted some product accidentally squeezing too hard. However, it's so cute, like paint, and after a while you'll learn to deliver the right amount of pressure to get the amount you need. And that tiny tube lasts me a really long time, even with everyday use. I use Raspberry and it gives me a very natural, rosy blush. I use this over tinted moisturizer (or just normal moisturizer) and lip gloss and I'm ready for work or a casual outing.

on 9/12/2007 3:49:00 AM

Just got this, usually use Me Me Me Pussy cat or The Body shop but wanted something a little longer lasting and this definitely meets that criteria! The colour is brilliant and it's not that hard to blend, you just have to be quick and it sits & glides very well on foundation but the packaging is a big downside. It just keeps coming out after the tiniest amount of pressure and you have to be quick to get it on your face and get the cap back on the tube. I'd pay more for a better dispenser. All in all though it's probably the best blush I've used and will probably end up being the best value despite it's high cost.

on 7/16/2007 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've purchased this product twice in the brownberry color. Despite the fact that it leaves your fingers stained after using it and the packaging it terrible (more oozes out than you need, especially when using the first time) it is simply WONDERFUL. I prefer natural make-up that also LOOKS natural. This does NOT make you look like you have blush on. It really makes you look like your rosy cheeks are from being healthy or from the sun. (This looks great over a tan!!!) It is great for travel since no brushes are needed and the tube is tiny. You only need a tiny amount. Be sure to apply it while skin is still dewey from moisturizing and/or foundation. If your skin is too dry it may stick to certain areas and not look as natural. I find this to be a great time-saver, since with powder blush I have to wait for my tinted moisturizer to absorb before I can apply it. With this, I am able to apply one product right after the other. Nothing beats the natural color, honestly. I almost gave it 5 lippies despite the horrible packaging and finger stains!

on 2/6/2007 2:19:00 PM

Maybe it's because I'm so pale that I always feel like I have to over-compensate with brighter blusher. I just tried the Origins Pinch Your Cheeks for the first time - in Raspberry - and I actually like it (minus the fact that it turns my fingers Raspberry). It's a subtle, glowy, rosiness that makes me look healthy without looking clown-y. The only thing I don't like about it is, again, the staining, but also that it gets a little bit gooey if I leave it open for a minute or so.

on 12/19/2006 2:03:00 AM

i buy this blush again and again. great staying powder. looks natural. reasonable price. the only drawback is the ridiculous tube, wastes a lot of the product. i would recommend this if you are into cheek/lip stains. i use coralberry.

i got it in raspberry and it is a nice shade of pink; gives a rather healthy pinkish look which suits my fair skin. BUT...when applied to areas where there are pimples/bumps, it looks totally uneven. it will be more pinkish around the area where there are pimples. and i swear the pimples on my cheeks are tiny and few. that goes to show what you can expect from this product. nobody would ever want to make their pimples even redder.

on 4/17/2007 10:48:00 PM

Love it. the tube is tricky but the product is perfect. It's light enough that u can layer on and still looks natural and pretty. It's doesn't clog my pores and is a very light feeling gel. Will stain fingers.