Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

4.1

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shape wise, this is wonderful! It is tiny and gets under your bottom lashes. I disagree with some of the other reviewers becuase i do not think it is too hard. the bristles are long enough so they bend and they are really soft. and for the price, this brush is definitely worth it! I only use this on the bottom lashes and it helps me pull down extra eyeliner from my waterline down to my lower lid! This is absolutely wonderful becuase it isnt as big as an angle brush which i used to use and would poke myself in the eye... 5 lippies for this!!!

I haven't had great success with Sonia Kashuk brushes thus far, but I really do like this brush. I only use it for smudging MAC fluidlines (applied with a 208 brush) and for smudging lines drawn with kohl eyeliner pencils for a smokey eye. It really evens out eyeliner application-- especially when more eyeliner collects at the base of the lashes. Works great.

I do have to agree, that for the price (approx $3.99, I believe) it is a passible brush IF you do not have to use this brush on a regular basis. Frankly, the brush hair is rather sparse in my opinion. After a month of using it around 5x's a week it is already tired and ready for the garbage. No big deal, you might say, its only 4 bucks! However, I still have the first pro makeup brush I ever bought (a Stila #15) and after 15 years of regular use it is still going strong. No splaying, no shedding. From my approximation, this brush has cost me .15 cents a month so far. You do the math:). continued >>

rave: slick handle, great brush for applying colors on the crease with a defined line. I achieved a whole new eyelook look which I thought I couldn't do! The eye look is a variation of origamiswan's bellagio look in her notepad. I've loved this blush since then.

Rant: The metal part got separated from the white handle within 1 day of purchase. I didn't even use it yet! Either not enough glue in it or the shape of the metal part doesn't fit the handle. I solved the problem by dipping the handle end into melted candel wax and sticking it back into the metal part.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this brush and use it all the time. For me it works well as a precision shadow brush and it works really well as a smudge brush. The bristles are a good texture to smudge and create cat eyes without pulling if you use a light touch. I've had my brush for six or seven months now and I haven't noticed any of the bristles falling out or getting wonky at all. I try to clean it at least once every two weeks with a mild cleanser or shampoo. This is a nice cheap brush, especially if you're afraid of loosing a brush on vacation, or are just starting out.

UPDATE: I've had this brush for about two years now, and the bristles are still in like new condition. My only complaint is about the handle. It gets dirty looking over time, and is now beige. Also, my brush had a small accident with some polish remover and the raw wood is exposed in areas. I didn't change the number of lippies because the brush is technically good, but aesthetically my Kashuk brushes haven't aged as well as some of my others. And, I'm beginning to feel the need to replace them. I would still recommend this brush, but get the black handled one, not the white.

The brush is too hard because it has short bristles. It hurts my eye. I don't use it for smudging anymore. I use the nicely packaged and fairly priced product for applying a thin strip of eye shadow. I would personally go for a sponge-type smudger after buying and using this product.

This brush has been through a lot during its tenure with me. At first, I tried to use it to line with powder eyeshadow, and found the resulting line too thick and imprecise for my liking. Down to the pits of my train case it went. Next, I tried to use it to apply my Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. Again, a too thick line = back to makeup hell for you. Just when I was about ready to chuck it, I decided to put it to the task it was intended for: smudging. Novel, I know. I smudged the line I'd created with my MAC #266 and my Stila Smudge Pot. Hello, sexy, smoky line. The moral is--and I'm sure you've already caught onto this--this brush is best for blending/smudging liner that has been applied with a more precise brush. It now has a prominent place in my duckie brush cup--and my heart. Aw. continued >>

Interesting. Works great at first, but then it started to weather. Soon the metal part and the wooden part separated!! I was so mad.. so I bought another one.. which did the same thing! I switched to MAC.. better quality! :)

This is a wonderful brush considering the price. It works great, and it hasn't shedded at ALL since last month when I bought it. Neither has the handle separated from the brush. Definitely will rebuy. :-)

Not pleased with this brush at all. I had to do a lot of smudging to get the effect I like. I quit using this brush after using it twice.

Popular Makeup Brushes