Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So I actually got this product for free as an exchange of the Naked Smokey palette, which did not fair well on my NC50 skin. I love the Naked Heat. I plan to use this as my travel makeup palette. I usually only take a lot shadows when I am traveling for a week or longer, and this is an amazing palette for that, but still at a reasonable size (usually I take my MAC custom palette which is a little large). All of the colors look amazing on my skin and last a long time. I dont mind that there is no black because I rarely line my eyes. I think the sparkly burgundy is more than enough for the type of liner that I like to do on my eyes. I think that this is by far the best Naked Palette on the market and the best eyeshadow quality. I truly feel like my collection is complete, this is the most complete collection of warm shades that I own now...and if amazing on its own and as a supplement to other favorite shades.

on 8/19/2017 9:33:00 AM

What a beautiful palette! I don't think all the looks ends up the same, for example you can use only the mattes or only lighter shades for a look. I like all the shades except Lumbre (little too pink) and Ember ( I don't know what to do with it). I like that there is no black in the palette since I hardly ever use black and when I do I can take it from another palette. I can use all the colors because none of them is too dark. Very happy about this palette! Also I have blue eyes and these kind of colors looks great!

on 8/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Some reviewers are saying that there are limited looks that can be done with this palette and I agree. To make this work without the colours all mixing together, I try to use contrasting shades ( light and dark). I'm not the biggest user of warm shades but sometimes the mood strikes and this palette is a good choice. I have both ABH MR and TF Sweet peach and I think Heat is closer to sweet peach if you want to compare, but I do like owning both.
I like the texture of these and I'm happy to see lots of mattes! My favourite shade is Scorched. The packaging is absolutely stunning!

on 8/18/2017 6:56:00 PM

This came out right before my birthday. My sister ended up getting it for me, but I probably would have bought it myself otherwise. I'm not the biggest warm tone fan and prefer to create warm looks every now and then and use cooler shades on a daily basis. I have naked 1-3 and smoky and felt like I needed to add this to my collection. I do feel like they were late to the game with this color scheme. This isn't a palette you're going to grab to create a ton of different looks with. You can do an everyday neutral but warm look with the first cream color and the two first matte browns. But other than that it's good to be an orange or brick look. Which I'm okay with, this is fun to grab when I'm in the mood for that kind of look. I have morphe 35O which I never use and ABH modern renaissance but that's about it warm palette wise since like I said, that color scheme isn't my everyday. I never use 35O, either. I like that this has the brick/red shades and some shimmery reds. I feel like those are different amongst the coppery shimmers that usually go with the warm tones. Also the pop of plum is nice. The shimmers are kind of hard and are definitely better when used with your finger or a wet brush. The color pay off is good, not a lot of kickback, and blend pretty well. Idk though I personally feel like the formula is a tiny bit different than the other naked palettes I have. Or at least the first two. I feel like those ones are creamier. Overall I liked this and am glad to have it. Doubt I'll ever use it up so I said no to repurchase. I think you have to ask yourself a few things to determine if you want this or not because again, warm tones aren't everyone's thing and if it is your thing, a lot of things have already been brought out in that color scheme.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the brand so of course I had to buy the new one that came out. I like about half of the colors the pigments of them are great. I wish they would give you a how to guide like the too faced kits do.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

I recently bought this palette as I was on the hunt for nice warm colours and the first time I tried them on was awesome. The colours are so beautiful. I think it really compliments those with brown or dark hair. All the colours are all unique in their own way. Only thing I have to say as a con is the packaging. The cover of the palette is very cool, but I personally find the packaging cheap. But then again, you are not buying the product for the packaging, you are buying the actual product. Overall, I do really look forward to using this palette!!!

"Naked Heat" is Urban Decay's most recent addition to their "Naked" line of eyeshadow palettes.

Unlike Urban Decay's "Naked 1" and "Naked 2" palettes, which focus primarily on neutral ("nude") shades, "Heat" is a collection of warm shades ranging from a buttery hue on the lightest end of the spectrum, followed by a selection of shadows representing various shades of brown, copper, bronze, and terra cotta.

Of the 12 shadows included in the palette, seven are matte (Chaser, Sauced, Lo Blow, He Devil, Cayenne, En Fuego, and Ashes). Two shades are shimmer (Ounce and Lumbre), and two are metallic (Dirty Talk and Ember). One shadow, Scorched, is a metallic with micro-shimmer.

I *always* apply powder shadows over a base of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. I also apply all powder shadows using brushes that have natural bristles (natural bristles hold more product because real hair is covered with overlapping "scales" called the cuticle; these scales grab onto powder products much better than smooth synthetic hairs - which prevents fallout and transfers more product from the pan to your lid). Thus, I did not and will not use the double-ended brush included in the palette to apply any of these shadows (although it works quite well for blending).

Of course, some shadows are formulated to apply sheer (I'm speaking generally here, not specifically referencing any shades included in Naked Heat). For those types of shadows, applying using a sponge-tip applicator and patting the shadow onto the lid will usually result in a more opaque finish.

I've found all of the shadows in the Naked Heat palette apply evenly, are sufficiently pigmented, and easy to blend.

Because I have blueish gray eyes, these colors look great on me and help to bring out the blue - especially those in the orange/copper range. I think there's a good selection here of lid/crease/transition shades to work with, although if your skintone is very pale, "Ounce" may not be light enough to work as a highlight.

Also note there is no black in this palette. The darkest shade, Ashes, is a deep, chocolate brown (more like semi-sweet chocolate). You'll have to reach for a shadow outside of this palette if you need something darker.

However, these two issues should not be enough to dissuade you from purchasing "Naked Heat." With only twelve shadows included in each of the "Naked" palettes, I'm glad Urban Decay decided against including two shades most regular makeup users will already have in their collections, and rather decided to fill those spots with shades that expand the palette's "heat" color theme.

The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette has become one of my most favorite palette purchases in a long time!

on 8/3/2017 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't think I'd ever need to buy this product again because it's a palette but the shades in this are gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE the creative and sturdy packaging. I'm going to be wearing this at my friend's engagement party along with some shadows from the Modern Renaissance (maybe) - actually I think it'll be this or the ABH MR one, but in any case, I love this - great quality shadows, my kind of colours and awesome packaging. I don't think the brush is too bad either :)

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.