Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

I recently bought this palette as I was on the hunt for nice warm colours and the first time I tried them on was awesome. The colours are so beautiful. I think it really compliments those with brown or dark hair. All the colours are all unique in their own way. Only thing I have to say as a con is the packaging. The cover of the palette is very cool, but I personally find the packaging cheap. But then again, you are not buying the product for the packaging, you are buying the actual product. Overall, I do really look forward to using this palette!!!

"Naked Heat" is Urban Decay's most recent addition to their "Naked" line of eyeshadow palettes.

Unlike Urban Decay's "Naked 1" and "Naked 2" palettes, which focus primarily on neutral ("nude") shades, "Heat" is a collection of warm shades ranging from a buttery hue on the lightest end of the spectrum, followed by a selection of shadows representing various shades of brown, copper, bronze, and terra cotta.

Of the 12 shadows included in the palette, seven are matte (Chaser, Sauced, Lo Blow, He Devil, Cayenne, En Fuego, and Ashes). Two shades are shimmer (Ounce and Lumbre), and two are metallic (Dirty Talk and Ember). One shadow, Scorched, is a metallic with micro-shimmer.

I *always* apply powder shadows over a base of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. I also apply all powder shadows using brushes that have natural bristles (natural bristles hold more product because real hair is covered with overlapping "scales" called the cuticle; these scales grab onto powder products much better than smooth synthetic hairs - which prevents fallout and transfers more product from the pan to your lid). Thus, I did not and will not use the double-ended brush included in the palette to apply any of these shadows (although it works quite well for blending).

Of course, some shadows are formulated to apply sheer (I'm speaking generally here, not specifically referencing any shades included in Naked Heat). For those types of shadows, applying using a sponge-tip applicator and patting the shadow onto the lid will usually result in a more opaque finish.

I've found all of the shadows in the Naked Heat palette apply evenly, are sufficiently pigmented, and easy to blend.

Because I have blueish gray eyes, these colors look great on me and help to bring out the blue - especially those in the orange/copper range. I think there's a good selection here of lid/crease/transition shades to work with, although if your skintone is very pale, "Ounce" may not be light enough to work as a highlight.

Also note there is no black in this palette. The darkest shade, Ashes, is a deep, chocolate brown (more like semi-sweet chocolate). You'll have to reach for a shadow outside of this palette if you need something darker.

However, these two issues should not be enough to dissuade you from purchasing "Naked Heat." With only twelve shadows included in each of the "Naked" palettes, I'm glad Urban Decay decided against including two shades most regular makeup users will already have in their collections, and rather decided to fill those spots with shades that expand the palette's "heat" color theme.

The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette has become one of my most favorite palette purchases in a long time!

on 8/3/2017 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't think I'd ever need to buy this product again because it's a palette but the shades in this are gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE the creative and sturdy packaging. I'm going to be wearing this at my friend's engagement party along with some shadows from the Modern Renaissance (maybe) - actually I think it'll be this or the ABH MR one, but in any case, I love this - great quality shadows, my kind of colours and awesome packaging. I don't think the brush is too bad either :)

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.

on 8/2/2017 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my favorite naked palette... amazing color pay off! recommend to everyone!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Finally a Naked palette that works for me! When I first saw this palette online, I couldn't believe my eyes. It's like someone read my mind with the colors and also more mattes. Seven mattes and five shimmers. The reason I haven't bought any Naked palettes previously, is because of the ratio of shimmers to mattes. Nine shimmers to three mattes won't do it for me. I think this is the ultimate warm toned palette. The packaging is outstanding with the magnetic closure and heat theme reinforced. I am reminded once again that you pay for quality and get it from these palettes.

Most of all, I love how Urban Decay stayed true to the Heat theme and the amber, rust, red colors. They went all out on this one. For myself, this is a palette where I will use every single shadow and it's rare that I can say that. Sauced and Chaser are good transition colors and could make a nice natural day look with Low Blow. The shimmers are absolutely gorgeous. I like that the shades are similar and true to the range for this palette. The things that some have criticized are the very things that I love about this palette. The colors are very flattering to my coloring. I have dark mahogany red hair with green eyes and NW20 skin. My eyes really pop with these warm tones.

I have to stand up for the darker mattes. There has been criticism of En Fuego and Ashes. It's been said that they don't swatch well on the arm. But when I used both of them, I found them easy to apply, not chalky or lacking in pigment at all. Ember is a standout bronzy, coppery shimmer shade that is beautiful on the lid. Scorched and Dirty Talk are two different shades of red shimmer that are amazing on the lid. I see a lot of looks that I can create with these shades.

Pros -

Warm toned eye shadows that stay true to the Heat theme and have outstanding pigmentation, long wearing
Quality packaging with magnetic closure, mirror and brush included
More matte shades

I can't think of any Cons except maybe the price at $54. But you are paying for the quality of the packaging and the product. If you do not like warm tones, then this is definitely not for you.

This will most likely be one of my best loved and most used palettes. I am really pleased that Urban Decay went all out with the warm toned theme and also added more mattes.

on 8/2/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I'm a fan of Urban Decay's other Naked palettes, especially the Naked 3. I also have the ABH Modern Renaissance, Too Faced PB & Jelly palette, and Sweet Peach palette. So I'm inundated with warm, orange shades. When I saw this palette on Instagram and Youtube, though I have the other palettes, I caved and purchased it.

I admit I'm beginning to regret this palette because I think orange eyeshadows may not be the most flattering look on me. I have a light olive skin tone with cool undertones, dark brown eyes and dyed dark brown hair. The shadows themselves are gorgeous, especially Dirty Talk, Scorched and Ember. All shades apply and blend well. But every look I try is just very orange, not red, or even really amber like what Urban Decay says. I think my skin color is just not jiving with these colors, and I took down one star not because the colors didn't work for me, which I consider to be poor judgement on my part, but because I wish there was more variation in the shades.

The ABH MR, Too Faced Peach and PB & Jelly palettes I can make work for me because they are not only orange, peach or red shades. When I wear ABH MR, though I don't like the formula (too powdery and sometimes muddies on me) I can still create an intense reddish or mauve look that work on me. Sweet Peach I mix peach and purple together, or the shimmery light browns and can create wearable daytime looks. PB & Jelly I tend to use the Jelly color to balance the orange out, or tone it down by using Jammin.' But with the Naked Heat Palette, there isn't a variety of red, burgundy, plum, brown or a light shimmery shade to mix up with all these warm shades. En Fuego comes off as orange again, and Ashes isn't burgundy/plum enough to distinquish it from the other shades. Ember does help tone down the other shades, but I don't want to have to use it every time I create a look.

I'd still recommend this to someone who loves very warm eyeshadows and is fine with the shade selection being monochromatic. I personally like palettes that have colors that go together very well or are monochromatic, like the Naked 3, Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and Lorac Unzipped. Orange and Yellow in clothing colors make me look like I have jaundice so I should have realized an all orange eyeshadow palette wasn't going to work on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had convinced myself I wasn't going to be buying this palette because I already have the anastasiaMR but I saw it in Sephora while on vacation and could not resist. All the shades are absolutely amazing, I love the range of transition shades, it makes everything blend so well together. The deeper colours are great for adding more drama and I love ashes as an alternative to a black shadow. The duochrome shimmers are amazing and a totally different formula from the naked 3 shimmers.
The only downside (maybe) is that it's a predictable palette, I know what sort of look I will get from it every time I go to use it. but I LOVE that look and I love that I don't have to really think about planing a cohesive look with it because it does that for me. I just know I'll use every shade and enjoy it down to the last dust particle.

on 7/24/2017 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this palette! I own a bunch of different palletes and I would say this one is my favorite one by far. I really like the warm copper tones. It complements my tan skin very well. With this pallete, I use all of the colors. All of the colors are easy to work with and very blendable. With the other naked palletes I owned, I had wasn't using all of the colors in the palette especially the ones at the end because they didn't look good on me or blend easily.

The pigementation on this pallete is amazing. It is very easy to blend and create unique looks. The colors really make my eyes pop and can make any girl look like a sunkissed goddess. My favorite shades are lumbre, scorched, and dirty talk. I really like those shimmer shades and they don't flake off. They all are easy to apply and they stay on for a long time also. I also like the matte shades and how they look in the crease. The texture of the shadows are very nice too.

The packaging is also very cute and creative. It gives you a summer type of look and the case is solid and so it is very travel friendly. The naked heat comes with a brush and I actually really like the brush. It's too sided blendy brush and I feel like it gives me a lot of control.

The only thing I would change about this pallete is maybe like adding a coppery gold color. Lumbre looks more of a pinkish rose gold then a coppery rose gold. I think having a gold would have been nice.

Pricewise, yes it is pricey at $54 but the quality is amazing, and the colors are very unique and long lasting.

Overall, I love this pallete and it's the perfect for my tan skin tone. Well done Urban Decay :)