Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 9/10/2017 10:08:00 AM

Frankly one of the worst foundations I've ever worn. I bought shade 2.1Y from the Deciem Covent Garden store and thankfully its under £6 because its going straight in the bin!

The formula is very thin and watery for a high coverage foundation. Somewhat equivalent in texture to the NYX total control drops or Loreal Magic nude liquid. Pigment wise, in comparison to other drugstore price, full coverage foundations like Milani 2 in 1 or Loreal total cover, this falls severely short. When swatched on the back of the hand this appears pigmented, but once applied (with brush or sponge) the coverage is poor and very patchy.

The worst part of this foundation is that once applied, it instantly sinks into all the fine lines and drier areas on your face you never even knew you had (not neccesarily "dry skin" - just an area a little drier than normal). It amplifies any existing skin issues and even adds more! Even if I used a blurring primer (eg. Benefit Porefessional or Garnier 5 sec Blur), all I had to do was smile once about 30 mins after application and suddenly the foundation had moved and created smile lines where there were none before. If you want to use this foundation, be sure to be expressionless! Also it exaggerates pores by sinking into them and then oxidising at a different rate to the rest of your face. Oxidation is also another problem I had, it changed colour from a light medium yellow tone to a warm orange within 20 mins of application with the addition of an ashy white cast.

When I attempted to mix this with other foundations (just to see if I could salvage SOME USE from it, it overpowered their formulas and clung to skin in its usual horrid way. I did a half face of milani and half of this for comparison and the result was shocking! Im only 24 and this made me look older, giving my combination skin texture, patchy coverage, chalkiness and crepey finish where the milani formula gave a smooth and youthful look. I repeated the experiment with Loreal total cover and event the Bourjois healthy mix foundation and the result was the same.

The formula never really sets or dries down and transfers even 1 hour after application. Now, when this transfers it doesn't just smudge a little, it completely comes off! It starts getting patchy and oily around 2 hours after wearing on a cloudy, windy day, i cant imagine this would wear well in warm weather or even at all on oily skinned people.

I don't recommend application with a sponge as the thin formula means your sponge will simply soak it up. Even with a kabuki brush, a completely even coverage could not be achieved.

I tried every which way to love this foundation, with different moisturisers, different primers, mixing it with other foundations, different setting powders and different application techniques but theres just no getting away from the fact that this is poorly formulated. Its really awful. Like I said, Im glad its only £5.90 because its going straight in the bin. The only reason I can see for this being sold out and popular is because Deciem dont have as many bad reviews on their page as here, which is suspicious....

UPDATE: DECIEM refused to publish my honest review because they "cannot verify that i purchased the product from" them.

I love some of Deciem's skincare formulations but this has to be one of the worst makeup products I have ever tried.

on 9/8/2017 3:39:00 PM

The yellow is slightly too yellow for my skin but the consistency and finish is as good as a premium brand...

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this for the first time. In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I prefer to apply it with a thick brush rather than a sponge.

on 9/6/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The price is good and the packaging is great. This foundation is just so-so. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's great for a light makeup day or quick application. It has great coverage but makes my skin look meh and flat. I don't notice any youthfulness, brightening or plumpness after applying, which I can get with my other foundations. It doesn't stay on my face as long either. I don't have to use a setting powder with this foundation because it seems to dry down a bit. I appreciate that aspect because powders tend to bring out my skin texture. The colors are slightly off. There isn't a good shade for neutral tones. I found they are very yellow or pink. My perfect match is Nars Gobi (NC15) so I purchased 1.1N. It is a bit too light so I think 1.2N is better. I like how thin the formula is while still giving coverage. It accentuates the texture around my nose more than I'd like. By the end of the day, my face is very shiny and looks slick. I don't like that since I wear glasses and it tends to get all over the nosepiece. I will continue to use it, but probably won't purchase more.

on 9/6/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Horrible horrible horrible for Oily skin! It made me look extremely oily all the time and it rubbed off on everything, I really tried to make this foundation work. I tried primers and setting powders, I tried it with a totally clean face void of any creams but it always turned into a horrible mess; like I smeared baby oil all over my face and then threw baby powder onto it; caking by my nose and around my eyes but a greasy oily mess everywhere else eeeeeeeeeww!!

on 8/29/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I FINALLY found my perfect shade, my skin looks so flawless with this foundation I don't think I'm buying any other type again. It blended out so nicely, it has alot of coverage but doesn't feel heavy and I love that they have a wide range of colors to choose from. I got my perfect shade on a stroke of luck and I'm in love with it. If you have oily skin I would try using an oil control primer but other wise it's beautiful and lasted all my 8 hour shift.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own this foundation in 3 shades-1.2Y, 1.2YG, 2.0YG, 2.1P and 2.1Y. All 5 have yellow undertones to them, with the1.2 YG and 2.0YG shades having the most yellow to them, due to them having added gold accents to them And, out of the 4 colors mentioned, the only ones that stay true to color are 1.2Y, 1.2YG, and 2.0YG, and 2.0YG, while 2.1P and 2.1Y definitely oxidize for sure. I initially started with 2.1P, and even went on to order 2.1Y, however, due to neither of them being perfect matches for my medium skintone, due to how much they ended up oxidizing on me, I had to find much lighter shades to mix them with, which is how I ended up buying 1.2Y, 1.2YG and 2.0YG. Unfortunately, if you have a true medium toned complexion like I do, neither the 2.1P or 2.1Y, are truly suitable for anyone who is not super tan in complexion (which I am not). Because both 2.1P and 2.1Y both happen to come off much more yellow and quite darker in tone than what is shown on the Internet of both of these shades.

Shades 2.1P gives off a very yellowish, very brown look to my face that does pull orange in undertone quickly after application. and 2.1Y, gives off a very yellow, very tanned look, to my face, that pulls even more orange in tone quickly after application than 2.1P does! I have an undertone that sometimes pulls more pink, while sometimes my skin's undertone appears more peachy. Which is why, when it comes to buying foundations online, it is always such a really hard task. Within The Ordinary's Medium category of shades, it's unfortunate that there's only 2 shades offered. Because for a lot of people that have medium complexions, these two shades definitely will not be a perfect match for you at all!

The opening to the pumps on The Ordinary foundations stay with foundation on them. It's hard to avoid this due, to the way that the foundation comes out. So, that is definitely something to be aware of, which is why, I keep all of The Ordinary foundations that I have within the individual boxes that they came in.

Now, I have never had to have to wait a long time to get any of The Ordinary foundations that I have ordered at all, which was a great thing. There are currently 21 shades offered, however, please be aware, that finding a complete shade match may be impossible for quite a number of people, so having to mix more than one foundation shade to get ones perfect match is something that I can see many people having to do, just like me. Also, please be aware of the oxidation situation that is common to quite a lot of The Ordinary's Foundations.

Right off the bat, The Ordinary's Coverage foundation doesn't provide full coverage upon initial application. However, it can be built up to ones desired level of coverage, even full coverage. I have only tried this foundation with a foundation brush and not a beauty blender (or one of its dupes), a cosmetic wedge, or my fingers. With a brush, you can get fuller coverage, than if one were to use their fingers or a beauty blender instead. Oh and even though the Coverage version is supposed to give more coverage than the Serum version, I don't notice a huge difference between the two coverage wise at all.

When it comes to my skin, I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. I can say that that the use of a setting powder over this foundation is necessary. As, this foundation does not dry down to a matte finish, but instead has a finish that borders somewhat on being dewy, yet still looks natural. However, unfortunately, this foundation will transfer if not set well with powder, no matter your skintype.

The Ordinary Foundations have absolutely no scent to them at all. Also, I do not experience any really noticeable issues with them creasing or caking on me, however this may largely be due to my setting the foundation very well. And, I have not experienced any issues with this foundation causing lots of acne breakouts to erupt on my face at all, even though I have tried a lot of foundations have caused me to breakout constantly.

The Ordinary Foundations have become my go to foundations. As, I switch back and forth between the Full Coverage version and the Serum version, based upon my personal preference for the day or night. I think that any skintype can wear this foundation. Of course with any foundation, you have to set it well (with my powder of choice being the Ben Nye Banana Powder), for it to wear for a very long-time on the face, and for it to stay completely out and not transfer. If you happen to have oily or very oily skin, you will need to touch up with powder, or use an oil blotting sheet or sheets throughout the day, in order to keep your face as matte as possible for a very long time, until you take this foundation off. Because of my dry skintype, I set this foundation very well, and I don't find myself having to do any re-touches with powder throughout the day at all.

My biggest con in regards to the Deciem foundations is that there is no single shade within the line that is a perfect match for me. And, after a while, always having to mix two shades together in order to get a close enough match, become quite tedious to do. However, at this point, I have found a foundation line that I don't have to mix and match shades with, and that is all around a much better foundation, and that is the L.A. Colors Truly Matte foundation, which is definitely the best foundation that I can say, that I've ever tried!

I did buy thie Serum foundation from off of the Deciem website. The foundation currently retails for $6.90 U.S. dollars (for all of those that are interested). I don't have anymore plans to be ordering anymore Deciem foundations, as neither their Serum or Coverage foundations give me everything that I am looking for in a foundation. While, LA. Colors Truly Matte foundation does.

on 8/21/2017 4:29:00 AM

Overall this is the best foudation i found in 2017. I tried Two faced Born This Way and Estee Lauder Double Wear. All are full coverage foundation leave my skin so heavy and cakey. Deciem the ordinary is so lightweight full coverage and natural. Best price too. Highly recommend.

on 8/25/2017 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the 1.0 NS with the silver highlights. It didn't work as a foundation itself for me as I have a lot of redness to cover but it is AMAZING to mix with my UD Naked Skin foundation. It adds this perfect subtle highlight and lightens my foundation to the prefect shade. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this as a foundation additive, just a couple drops and boom gorgeous finish.

on 8/20/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

i bought this foundation because i've seen all the good reviews about it and it only costs me IDR 170 so i decided to give it a shot. i bought mine in 2.1Y (i'm NC35) and the first time i tried it on my skin i was like "ooo shizz" because the color is sooo yellow-ish and it oxidizes real fast, everytime i use it my face looks waaay darker and i have to set this foundation with a colored pressed powder instead of my RCMA to match my actual skin tone. despite the nice coverage and natural finish, it gets oily within 3-4 hours on my dry skin and that's sooo confusing, even a dewy-finish foundation doesn't make my skin oily, but this one?!?! and the last problem i encountered while i was using this foundation is... it breaks my skin out. my skin is not sensitive, not acne-prone, never reacted badly to any skincare/makeup product before, and i never had a single acne for months before i used this foundation. i tried to love this foundation, had a thought to buy another one in lighter shade, and within a week i totally changed my mind because there's no way i would want to use a foundation that gave me two giant pimples and clogged pores all over my face, not anymore. i guess it's because of the coconut alkanes and a bunch of silicone derivatives in it, though i don't exactly know, i use silicone primer sometimes and some of my foundations also contain silicone but they don't break me out, so maybe this foundation is simply not for me.