Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this is exactly the same as the coverage foundation, except slightly more sheer and less dewy.
The coverage one is pretty wet-looking.
It looks quite natural and a little goes a long way. I'm an NC25, armani 4.5 is my most perfect match and with this I'm between 1.2N and 2.0N. I could wear either one, 1.2 looks slightly more pale but also more natural.

Pros:
- Price is excellent, really affordable
- Packaging is nice and minimal
- Packaging has a hygienic pump
- Shade range is lovely

Cons:
- Packaging is plastic.
- It's more matte than the one that's supposed to be semi-matte. BUT that makes it look more natural.
- Not transfer-proof

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this was one of the most awaited products in the history of makeup, took me several months to be able to get it, unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype for me. For reference, I have normal/combination skin, no major problems or concerns, just looking to even out the tone and cancel out a little bit of redness I get here and there occasionally. Usually get fair-light shades, and 1.2P/1.2N are a good match for me (NW20 or a bit lighter)
PROs:
- it is very affordable
- impressive color and tone range for very fair/light skin tones
- nice hygienic packaging- pump with a lock
- unscented and doesn't have any funky smells in general
- good ingredients
- decent coverage
- doesn't cause breakouts or irritation of any sorts
CONs:
- weird finish- ashy and shiny at the same time, not sure how that is even possible
- looks awful without primer
- accentuates every minor dry patch and imperfection
- very short wear time even with primer- starts to separate and look cakey
- it is very obvious on the skin if you look close-up- I am a huge fan of light, invisible perfecting foundations since I have good skin, and this foundation is not doing it for me. Actually, makes my skin look worse than before makeup.
- In my opinion looks awful if set with even the lightest powder

I'm not going to say this is awful, and I own and LOVE most of The Ordinary skincare products, but when it comes to foundations, cheaper ones just don't seem to work too well. This is a pass for me. I'd much rather pay a load of money, and get Perricone MD no foundation serum, which makes skin look absolutely stunning and smooth all day with literally one drop and undetectable coverage, it won't even be that much more expensive at the end of the day, because don't need a primer, don't need powder, and don't need to reapply after two hours.

Great price, texture and coverage......better coverage than one would expect from a serum foundation.
It's a shame that the same attention to detail that has gone into the formulation of the skincare lines in this company, has not gone into the undertone selection for the foundation line.
Example....if one labels a foundation P for pink undertones or R for red undertones, the result should not be orange......Very orange.
Not a good look on pink skin!
And it's a shame because this foundation has everything else going for it.
Love ya Deciem, but no. You can do better than this.

I'm posting a review after using once and will update, thought I'd get it up since here is a lot of curiosity. It's very liquidy and half a pump would have done my face (I used a full pump the first time). I used a flat top brush to blend and it blended very well and easily. It covered discolourations and my under eye circles. It settled into my large nose pores so I might apply more lightly or use a primer to remedy. Overall this is an awesome product with even better price.

I'm surprised there isn't more reviews for this with how hyped it is! Was expecting 100s. Anyway I'm very happy with this foundation. I bought it in the lightest shade, the one without the silver highlights and it was a close match. A touch orange for me maybe, my perfect match is MUFE's Y205.

It's more high coverage than I expected, I sorta expected a bb cream like product. I'd put it at medium coverage. It covered my acne scarring and slight under eye darkness easily. It dried down to a natural finish and just felt like skin. Doesn't transfer much like heavier foundation.

I barely had to powder it, just under the eyes because I tend to crease a lot there. I have oilier skin and this mattified it, I have a feeling if your skins drier this wouldn't be moisturising enough.

Overall it's a ten. I can't fault this at all, it exceeded my expectations. And for a fiver you couldn't beat it!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like this a lot as a lightweight summer fdtn! It's a very thin formula and feels like nothing on the skin. The lightest neutral shade is good for my nc10 skin, oxidices a bit but nothing major. Blends out so effortlessly and looks natural, leaves a healthy dewy finish to the skin. I have oily t zone and I do get oily after only like four hours so I do need to blot but that's no problem to me.

Packaging is okay, comes with a pump so that's always a plus, but obviously feels cheap cause that's what can be expected from a 6,90€ foundation so not a con imo.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- lightweight
- blends easily
- satin finish
- light to medium coverage

CONS

- can break up

COMMENTS: Lightweight, satin finish foundation with light to medium coverage. Looks very natural on and blends effortlessly. If you're anything other than dry, expect to blot. This will not control oil, nor does it claim to. However, mixing some translucent loose powder into this will alter the formula. It gives more coverage and help control oil a little better. I've also been playing around with primers (which I should honestly do more) as it really changes the results I get. I've had this foundation break up so badly on me one day and look beautiful the next. Surprisingly, this looked beautiful on top of Nivea's Shave Balm. I also had less settling into my fine lines. I need to take into account how ingredients react with one another in order to achieve the best results. So, I like it for now. I just need to keep the results consistent.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in 1.2Y and 2.0N expecting to mix them since you have to buy them online without a swatch. I'm asian and have light skin because I avoid the sun lol, I found that the 1.2Y is quite yellow but this foundation is so sheer it blends out anyways, same thing with the neutral. It pulled pretty yellow but blends out nice. I like the sheer coverage and it lasts pretty well throughout the day. Works really well with the high spreadibility and the finish is pretty dewy. The pump is really nice too.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been using shade 1.1n which is a great match for my MAC nc15 colouring,

It is a very liquidy formulae which comes in a very neat bottle with pump which I love. I find that two pumps provides enough foundation for my entire face. It blends really easily and provides light to medium coverage with a a very lovely natural finish. It makes my skin look healthy and brighter - which is great for days when I look a little tired. It lasts very well on my skin when set with a bit of powder.

I love this foundation and will definitely repurchase its as I prefer it to more expensive foundations

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Shade: 1.1 N

If I were to liken this to any high end foundation, it definitely reminds me a lot of NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation, or MAC Waterweight. It has a watery consistency which makes it very easy to work with and spreadable, but takes a minute longer to dry than I usually like waiting.
This foundation is the perfect sheer foundation, I love using it for work. It's not a buildable foundation, although I have seen a lot of reviews mention that one pump is enough, which I don't quite agree with. I use three small pumps, one to spread over my chin and jaw line, one for my nose and cheeks and then a last very small pump for my forehead.
I've used the product with a real techniques beauty blender once, and my fingers twice. I find using it with fingers works much better and does create a thicker layer to cover more redness.

I bought a neutral shade as I've seen a lot of people say that this product can oxidise in the Yellow toned versions. I don't find any oxidiseation in the neutral tone, and it looks well blended for about 5-6 hours, after that it does start to break up and become patchy. With some light translucent powder, I think this problem could be fixed. (Wore without powder this week for a true representation of the foundation.)

This product would work amazingly for dry skin, I have combination skin that is mostly oily, this is most likely what makes it break up as I've been wearing it under air-conditioning & in hot weather.

Pros:
Dewy & Light
Easy to apply
Good for my sensitive skin
Amazing colour range
Price is absolutely amazing for the product

Cons:
Does start to break up after a few hours of wear
Can become very oily in heat
Covers redness, but not blemishes (but that's what concealer was invented for!)

All in all, I definitely cannot complain for less than £6! It works amazingly to wear to my job.
P.s. I've been using this product with their Silicone Primer.