Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.6

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been using shade 1.1n which is a great match for my MAC nc15 colouring,

It is a very liquidy formulae which comes in a very neat bottle with pump which I love. I find that two pumps provides enough foundation for my entire face. It blends really easily and provides light to medium coverage with a a very lovely natural finish. It makes my skin look healthy and brighter - which is great for days when I look a little tired. It lasts very well on my skin when set with a bit of powder.

I love this foundation and will definitely repurchase its as I prefer it to more expensive foundations

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Shade: 1.1 N

If I were to liken this to any high end foundation, it definitely reminds me a lot of NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation, or MAC Waterweight. It has a watery consistency which makes it very easy to work with and spreadable, but takes a minute longer to dry than I usually like waiting.
This foundation is the perfect sheer foundation, I love using it for work. It's not a buildable foundation, although I have seen a lot of reviews mention that one pump is enough, which I don't quite agree with. I use three small pumps, one to spread over my chin and jaw line, one for my nose and cheeks and then a last very small pump for my forehead.
I've used the product with a real techniques beauty blender once, and my fingers twice. I find using it with fingers works much better and does create a thicker layer to cover more redness.

I bought a neutral shade as I've seen a lot of people say that this product can oxidise in the Yellow toned versions. I don't find any oxidiseation in the neutral tone, and it looks well blended for about 5-6 hours, after that it does start to break up and become patchy. With some light translucent powder, I think this problem could be fixed. (Wore without powder this week for a true representation of the foundation.)

This product would work amazingly for dry skin, I have combination skin that is mostly oily, this is most likely what makes it break up as I've been wearing it under air-conditioning & in hot weather.

Pros:
Dewy & Light
Easy to apply
Good for my sensitive skin
Amazing colour range
Price is absolutely amazing for the product

Cons:
Does start to break up after a few hours of wear
Can become very oily in heat
Covers redness, but not blemishes (but that's what concealer was invented for!)

All in all, I definitely cannot complain for less than £6! It works amazingly to wear to my job.
P.s. I've been using this product with their Silicone Primer.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I finally received my foundation yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out!
In the last few years my skin has changed a lot mainly due to hormonal changes, and I now rarely use foundation because I find it can make my face look greasy and my pores look enlarged. If I do use a base, it's MAC Studiofix. I like the finish of a liquid foundation though; The Ordinary's foundations have had such great reviews that I thought they were worth trying at the price.
Yesterday was incredibly warm so a good day to really put this product to the test. I used it over Clinique's DDML and La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 50; no primer.
Apparently each of The Ordinary's shades suit a range of about three skin shades, and the Wayne Goss comparison guide online says this shade is suitable for MAC NC30 to NC42. I'm MAC C40 and my Ordinary shade, 2.1Y (Medium with yellow undertones) matched my skin very well.
I used one pump applied with Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush (as recommended by Sali Hughes of The Guardian) all over my face. Perfect application, and my skin looked completely flawless. To my eyes the coverage was medium-to-full rather than sheer, but I think one pump was too much. As a serum formulation it worked very well with my BB Serum Concealer. I set the lot with Clinique loose powder in Invisible Blend, and went about my day.
I spent some time in a very hot car driving in the sun and generally outdoors. A few hours later my face looked slightly dewy but the foundation hadn't broken up on my forehead and my pores looked OK. 8 hours after application it did look a little worse for wear, but it had been very hot and I hadn't repowdered all day. My face looked darker at the end of the day; not sure if that was the product oxidizing or if I'd caught some sun.
I'll experiment with less product, over primer, etc. and update accordingly, but at this early stage I think this is an excellent product and am very pleased with my purchase. I also love the price! I'd rather spend £6 than £30 on a product I might only use twice a month.

I have been using Revlon colorstay for several years but found that they have no light-medium yellow undertone shades...all were too pink or too gray on my skin. I love everything else about Revlon Colorstay other than that it may clog my pores (uncertain).

I waited 6 weeks for this foundation since I ordered it with the coverage foundation. Since the price was so low and I was not sure about my shade, I ordered a couple of different shades. I'm in my early 30's and have combination, acne-prone, sensitive asian skin. I've been using some mild acids and retinols to get rid of hyperpigmentation which has resulted in some dry patches. I apply minimal base, that is, I don't use primer, concealer, powder, setting spray, or bronzer/highlighter. I like to keep things simple and expect my foundation to cover my imperfections, look natural, and be long lasting.

Pros: inexpensive, good packaging, great colour for yellow undertone skin, silky skin-like finish.

Cons: Oxidized after 3 hours, all the foundation on my nose disappeared, forehead and chin had foundation clumped up into patches, foundation settled into lines and made dry patches more obvious. Does not cover acne (will need concealer).

So I tried it again with the ordinary high adherence primer and had the same results + some clogged pores. Disappointed but glad the return policy is very good and the price was cheap. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- lightweight
- blends easily
- satin finish

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- breaks up

COMMENTS: Lightweight, satin finish foundation with sheer coverage. Looks very natural on and blends effortlessly. If you're anything other than dry, expect to blot. This will not control oil, nor does it claim to. However, mixing some translucent loose powder into this will alter the formula. It gives more coverage and help control oil a little better. Two things I can’t seem to fix, though: it settles into fine lines rather quickly and tends to break up pretty badly throughout the day. It’s a formula I can’t wear for very long before it starts to look bad, whether worn on its own or using the method mentioned.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in 1.2Y and 2.0N expecting to mix them since you have to buy them online without a swatch. I'm asian and have light skin because I avoid the sun lol, I found that the 1.2Y is quite yellow but this foundation is so sheer it blends out anyways, same thing with the neutral. It pulled pretty yellow but blends out nice. I like the sheer coverage and it lasts pretty well throughout the day. Works really well with the high spreadibility and the finish is pretty dewy. The pump is really nice too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I, really, really like this product. I think it's super lightweight and I would actually say the coverage is more than light, I'd say it's a solid medium on my skin. It's VERY lightweight and it feels like nothing on. It seems to be all pigment, which I don't mind at all. It tends to take on the qualities of your base, which means if you moisturize well and use a hydrating primer it'll feel very hydrating, etc. So customize as you want for your particular skin type. The only thing is I actually wish it came without the SPF and I can just wear my own underneath. I find that the physical sunblocks tend to look a bit weird on certain parts of my skin like my nose, when mixed with pigment on top of blackheads etc (almost like super tiny bumps where the sunblock settles and almost highlights). But that's the SPF not the foundation so if you havent had a problem with that before then you probably wont even notice (a lot of korean BB creams give me the same effect). Definitely recommend this. Will be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I could not resist trying this, no matter how long the wait, as the price made it worth experimenting without much loss.
I have only been using this for a little over a week, although I ordered it two months before it arrived, so take everything I say being aware that I am a new user and who knows what might be the long term judgement. But as of now I am delighted with this foundation. It seems to be everything that is claimed for it, at least for me. I am an NC 22-23, leaning toward neutral, so I ordered a 2.0N(light medium neutral) which seems just fine, undetectable on my face as far as color goes. I use very little, much less than a pump, a few drops actually which I dot on cheeks chin nose and forehead and then use my fingers to spread. In a +15X magnifying mirror there is no gathering in either pores or wrinkles, which, being in my 80's I have a goodly number. But it evens out my skin beautifully, even with this minimal amount. One needs a really good moisturizer (over hydration) to keep from looking dry, but I am working on that. So far, I have no complaints. What a bargain, and you feel like you are have just skin on your face.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I thought it would be fun to see how they measure up against my HG foundations, the description certainly has a lot of high claims. I got the shade 1.0N for my pale skin, and it matches me quite well, shade-wise. Spreads like any silicone-based foundation, no drag on skin. A single layer (with a foundation brush) does give sheer coverage, it didn't cover anything. Two layers - same thing, everything I'd want covered is still visible. Piling it on makes it go sort of greasy, like stirring balm cleanser with a brush all over face. I could see some of the pigment gathering in pores and lines, which is never a good sign with my skin. Finish is definitely on the dewy side and it doesn't "set" without a powder. Which is all quite strange, as the description claims a semi-matte finish and a spreadability system to keep the foundation from settling into lines and make it longer-lasting. Lasting power is a bit of a foggy matter to begin with due to the exceptionally sheer pigmentation, but the foundation does get more and more shiny quickly (3-4 h mark). I wasn't impressed. No coverage, no sign of texture improvements (like some of the sheer cover products that blur surface irregularities and make skin look airbrushed), quite the opposite and turns greasy fast.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered the serum foundation 2.0YG because it has a yellow undertone and I have light medium yellow skin tone. I think it took 3 weeks before it arrived, because they had a waiting list. I didn't mind because I already had enough foundation (the Giorgio Armani one, but I bought the wrong color, which is a different story).

It is very difficult for me to find a yellow foundation which is for light medium skin tone. Most NARS and Bobbi Brown foundations that I tested were way too dark for me, but this color matches my skin tone by 90%. If it had been slightly more yellow it would have been perfect. It is a beautiful light yellow color, but I don't know why it is called golden, because imo it also has a bit of a pink undertone.

The foundation is runny, but one pump will do for me. It does not completely cover my small acne scars, but I don't want to use more, because I have pretty good skin and I like medium coverage for daily use. I have combination skin but it tends to be more dry. You have to moisturize your face pretty well before applying because it tends to be a bit dry in the beginning. However, during the day my face becomes very dewy, almost oily, so I have to powder it anyways. I think that's the only downside I have. So, I think this will serum foundation is best for people with very dry to dry skin.

I would order this again, because I haven't had a foundation that matched my skin tone so well and the quality is just great for the price. However, I like to try out other foundations as well.