Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product doesn't break me out, regulates the appearance of sebum and also makes me less oily during the day. The only thing I don't like about this product is the gel-like, foamy consistency. I wish that it's more watery instead. Overall, love this product and will repurchase.

on 7/24/2017 2:09:00 PM

I didn't really notice the effect of this serum at first. I thought I just have one of these "good skin" periods. Strangely, it ended as fasts as I finished the bottle. I bought another one and the effect came back. A radiant clear skin. I love it, love the price point and the clean simple packaging. Will repurchase as long as it would work on me.

on 7/1/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

In my other review, I mentioned that I was using this in conjunction to the Flavunone mask and the Advanced 2% retinoid. What can I say, my skin is just loving this combo! It was so congested before but now I wake up every morning with radiant, clear skin! Even my husband notices the difference :)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not have sensitive skin and couldn't believe the reaction I had to this (I should've read the reviews!) This gave me tiny, itchy oily bumps all over my forehead and chinline. It made me itch so bad I nearly bled from itching the rash. The little bumps were tiny white zits under the surface that couldn't be popped. I stopped using it for a month and then applied it only on the left side of my neck just to make sure it was this product, and It gave me itchy zits in my NECK! This does contain chlorphenesin which is a synthetic preservative actually banned in countries like Japan :/

So I've tried it after several Youtubers talked about it and the hype about the Ordinary became REAL. I had terrible acne spots on my skin, after i had terribly broken out during the winter. This stuff made my skin really great again and gave it nice texture. Unfortunatly the spots aren't completly gone and i have the feeling that my skin just got used to it, because it doesn't do the job anymore. But for the pricepoint a great product that lasts long.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I had a lot of dark spots on my cheeks, most of them were PIH I guess. I was sooo desperate to look for something that could erase these spots. I tried bunch of others products, but none of them did work. Then I started to try the new formula one (without carrageenan). I used it day & night under my moisturizer. It's been 3 weeks, I saw tiny little differences on my cheeks. The spots became less red but have not completely disappear. I think this one works slowly on my skin. It really helped to lighten the skin tone and made my skin so smooth. I was prone to break out before I use this, but no more break out after I used this. I will continue to use it & wish the PIHs will be gone forever!

ps: It did not break me out at all.

on 6/25/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point which the Ordinary is known for. Not only are the ingredients potent but you can easily customize your own skincare if you are willing to do some research. I was excited to this product because I want to incorporate niacinamide into my routine. However, after using this for almost two months, I've come to the conclusion that this formulation simply does NOT work for my skin.

I have combo, acne prone skin which is easily prone to clogged pores. This serum leaves a sticky film residue which takes 15-20min for this serum to dry. No matter I much I try to dilute the product with other serums or use it to spot treat or layer it underneath I keep breaking out. I know I am not sensitive to niacinamide since I've used products containing it before so unfortunately this formulation does not work for me.

on 6/23/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Good news, bad news.
This does work at evening texture, filling pores, and slightly controlling oil. For all of that I loved it.
However, my skin apparently HATES Niacinamide. Hates it. (And it took me forever to figure out that this was the issue).
Granted, I have very finicky skin so it may work for some one else, and I am sad it doesn't work for me.
If you want to try this product I recommend that you try a travel size of Olay Moisturizing Lotion Sensitive Skin or another lotion or mask with niacinamide. There are TONS of them.

on 6/27/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh, I wanted to love this product so badly but I just couldn't. I purchased this hoping it would reduce the appearance of my spots and perhaps even clear up my acne a bit. However, sadly, it did the exact opposite! Within 3 days of using this product, I had broken out horribly with closed comedones all over my face. It took literally weeks for my skin to get back to normal. I'm thinking the zinc must have caused it, because I have used niacinamide before with no issues. The value is great and the product is very pleasant to apply, but it's just not for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was the one product I was most excited to try from The Ordinary, but it doesn't really do much for my skin. I have combo acne prone skin that is sensitive, and occasionally I get rosacea flares, so I figured that all of the supercilious ingredients that pop up in a lot of skincare could be avoided with this so why not give it a go. I haven't really noticed a big difference in the state of my pores or my acne versus before I started using this product, so I suppose the experiment failed. I will use up the bottle that I have, but unless I start seeing some dramatic results, I will not repurchase. I have considered the Azalaic Acid Suspension 10%, as that is the other product suggested by The Ordinary for "reducing the look of blemishes." The one thing that I really do not like about this product is the texture, namely that it pills like a mofo no matter how long I let it sit on the skin. I haven't had this problem with other products from the brand, so it is something in this particular formula that does it. I don't mind the packaging, it is very minimalist and chic (I guess), and it is easy to tell how much is left in the bottle. (For reference, I have used over half of the bottle over the course of about 2 1/2 months, so I have given it a fair shot.)