Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this. It is a thin serum that disappears on the face as soon as it's applied. You have to use a moisturizer afterwards. I picked it up because I have oily, acne-prone skin, and thought that would help. But I don't like how tight my face feels after I put it on. I really thought this could help but it doesn't prevent breakouts, quite the opposite. I used W3LL People Bio Skin Tint afterwards, because it's pretty rich and contains oil, and I thought that would counterbalance this. However, it broke me out in cystic pimples mid-day, and I could feel it under my makeup. It was pretty awful, all patchy and an oily mess. I'm thinking that my skin might dislike zinc, actually. Both these products contain zinc, and La Roche-Posay Serozinc does the opposite of what it's supposed to as well. So I understand that this might work for people who react well to zinc. I can't recommend it, but given the simple formulation, I still think that this is a decent product if you're looking to test these ingredients. For the price point, I'm not sorry that I did.

on 11/21/2017 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the third Niacinamide product I try, but I realize this ingredient is not for me. My skin does not like this at all. It’s a nono near the eyes (makes the area sooo dry) and the same for my chin, but the area around my nose seems to cope the best - and makes my pores less visible. But it comes with a flaky skin prize. Won’t buy again 😔

on 11/15/2017 4:05:00 AM

I'm using several products from The Ordinary range, plus I'm back on the pill for a few months now so I cannot give credit to one product in particular, but my skin has cleared up something amazing. It could be entirely from the pill alone, but I doubt it.

Niacinamide has been shown to improve acne, zinc helps the healing process. This has high concentrations of both. You may find it irritating, in which case, use it less frequently or don't use it. In any case, it's good value for money.

on 11/4/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've had great luck with this product. Recently I'd been experiencing breakouts and noticed some large pores; I've loved everything I've tried from The Ordinary so I decided to try this treatment. Not only have my breakouts almost completely cleared up in the one week I've been using this, but the overall texture of my skin has improved so, so much. My skin looks smoother and clearer and is BABY SOFT. And I've literally only used one single drop of it per day. I mix one drop into my moisturizer, apply and let sink in for 30 minutes before doing my makeup. I haven't noticed a change in the size of my pores but I know how difficult it is to shrink pores and I'm so happy with the performance of this product otherwise that I don't even mind. It helps that the bottle will last me ages and cost $5.90. I'm so happy I tried it!

I purchased this product hoping it would help with breakouts. I found it to be somewhat irritating to my skin, and did not notice any improvement in my skin with regular use. This brand has many hits, but for me this wasn’t one of them!

I like this product. It did not cause me any break out. It helps with oil control, the product is really spreadable. But the con for me is that it dries to a more sticky silicony finish even tho theres no silicone in it.. hmm...

on 10/29/2017 12:42:00 PM

Great under makeup before primer. Keeps my combo yet sensitive skin matte all day.

on 10/29/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not use it long enough to see if it delivers long term benefits for my skin. It broke me out after trying it on the first time.
A waste of money. Well- at least not a lot of money.

on 10/25/2017 11:30:00 AM

I'm a little surprised at all the tepid reviews on MakeupAlley because this particular product is frequently sold out online/in stores and is talked about quite a bit. I've been using it for several months now and seeing as it's been used in combination with a bunch of other products (also from the Ordinary) it's hard to single this one out as doing particularly anything, but I'm convinced it has contributed to reducing the overall oil levels of my skin and making my skin look smoother and more even-toned - this combined with the Alpha Arbutin 2% and the Rosehip Seed Oil means that my PIH spots go away relatively quickly (don't forget sunscreen though!) and overall my skin just seems much happier with this in my routine. Also it's not very easy to find niacinamide at this kind of concentration level so that's a bonus. I will say though that the bottle is pretty small - at 30ml you go through this pretty quickly if you're applying 2 drops everyday as I do in the mornings, though the overall affordability of the Ordinary's products still makes this a worthy purchase and a must-try if you're struggling with PIH or dull and uneven skintone.

on 10/24/2017 7:24:00 AM

This product is supposed to help with acne/acne scars but I believe this has made it worse, for the first time in a while after using this product I started breaking out severely. I started getting whiteheads everywhere on my face and painful cyst. Do not buy if acne prone invest into better brands or more organic brands, such as Avene or La Roche Posay.