Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.4

on 4/26/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fingers crossed this is the miracle I've been waiting for. Three days is when I usually start feeling the prickling and creeping of new irritation as my rosacea gets worse with new products. I'll admit that I have been terrified of the silicones in face products as they badly affect my hair and scalp - but my face seems to love them. (Hydraluron Jelly and Neuteogena Hydroboost play very nicely with this product, btw). I am hoping it will help stave off more perioral dermatitis as well. So far this sits nicely under foundation, but I have only used a powder mineral one so far. I'm impressed!!!

on 4/22/2017 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love this stuff, just love it. I'm 56, with a tendency towards hyperpigmentation, and applying this serum to my skin every other day after my morning cleanse very obviously reduces redness and amps up skin brightness. The product has a gel-like consistency, a nice silky texture, and no noticeable fragrance.

I've almost used up one tube of this product and just repurchased it — it's a winner in my books.

on 4/18/2017 6:06:00 AM

My skin is combination and very sensitive. I was worried that my sin won't agree with this product but I was wrong. I use only at night before I go to bed. My skin is very sensitive so using it twice a day would be too much. I have done it few times and noticed that my skin was a bit dry. I apply facial oil & moisturizer on top of it and have no problem with any kind of peeling or rubbing (many people mentioned this). I will advise that after putting the azelaic acid on your face, gently pat your moisturizer in to your skin. Don't massage. This is what I do and it works great. Great product. Big thumb up for the price!

on 3/14/2017 10:05:00 AM

I'm pretty into this product. This is my first time trying Azelaic acid. It's a thick-ish white lotion packaged in a 30mL bare-bones squeeze tube. It has Dimethicone high up in the ingredients list, so keep an eye out if you're sensitive. I appreciate that though because this is honestly an amazing primer. It smooths and keeps me matte for hours! So that's a nice side effect. Other than that, I have noticed that the addition of this to my litany of chemical exfoliators (I probably need to take it down a notch tbh) has definitely helped my skin become more even and refined. I like this better than the Ordinary's Lactic Acid, and while I LOVE LOVE their Retinoid, that serves a different purpose.

I have noticed that you need to layer this properly - it can ball up when used with certain other products (ahem, the Ordinary Vit C suspension, looking at you). But it's mostly the other products not working well with IT, not vice versa.

This little tube of goodness is less than $8 - the reason I've never tried Azelaic acid before is that I haven't seen it offered in anything affordable, so I'm really happy I get to try it. I will definitely keep buying and using this.

Note of possible importance: Azelaic acid is derived from wheat (also rye and barley). I was nervous that since I have a gluten sensitivity and celiac runs in my family that somehow I would experience adverse effects - but no, nothing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have used this for about a month - so far so good! I break out easily and this has really kept my skin calm. I use it every night in combination with Differin gel (for pigmentation, spots and general rejuvination). Very happy so far!
The only reason I wont give 5/5 is that it is useless under makeup/sunscreen. Comes right off so Ive stopped trying using it during the day. (This is the case w a few Ordinary products - stopped using the Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate for the same reason)

I'm completely in love with The Ordinary products and this is the only product I've tried so far from this range that I'm not completely mad about. I use it for my hormonal acne breakouts, redness and acne marks (not scars, just colored spots) and it's ok but not amazing. I've had better results with Salicylic Acid, Niaminacide & Zinc and Retinoids.

This clears up my skin texture nicely a bit but not as a treatment, more like a maintenance product. Also, I don't really like the silicone- formulation... it tends to bundle and gather if you layer another product on top of it. Would not buy again, really.

on 9/4/2017 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Been using this product for 2-3 months now. Not sure if I see a difference yet in my redness.

It did work like I expect azelaic acid product to work. Takes away some of the redness (PIH) that is left back after a breakout and all that. It doesn't measure up to my more preferred azelaic acid products (1. PC Resist Multi-Correction Treatment, 2. Ducray Melascreen Emulsion) as The Ordinary is just azelaic acid and obviously lower concentration than the 15-20% prescription products. The texture is really off-putting, though, when I apply it, it feels very "there" and slick on skin and it doesn't wear well during the day under sunscreen. Also, not easy to layer with other products. So yes, it works, and if someone is looking for azelaic acid specifically then it's great, but for results there are better options out there, both OCT and prescription.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went on quite a spree at the Ordinary shop in London but I have not opened any other products yet. Several years ago I was a keen user of azelaic acid in my routine but it got pushed aside by other, more exciting products. With this ointment like silicone cream from The Ordinary and 10% concentration - it is time to bring it back!

Azelaic acid works well for my pigmentation (I have gained some over last 39 years despite almost a religious using of a 50 spf sunscreen!), diminishes any post pimple scarring that I have (luckily not much but there are a couple of these pesky darker spots where an old pimple has healed) and some redness that I have in my cheeks. I also like that it has some antioxydative effects too.

It can be a bit drying, especially that this formula comes in a thick, white, very silicone but quite hard to spread cream. One needs to act quickly and after it sinks in, to put some other, more moisturising cream on top. I use it every second night (be careful as it can discolour the pillowcases!) and so far I have noticed a nice smoothness to my skin, a bit less blackheads but not any lightening of my pigmentation freckles yet.

So far then, I'm giving it 3 lippies = good packaging, price and accessibility (in Poland there are many creams with that ingredient in quite high doses available over the counter, not in Scotland). As for results, I'll need to wait at least 8 weeks or at least to finish off my first tube.

on 5/10/2017 2:08:00 PM

I have rosacea and acne and have had less breakouts since using this once a day. I do feel like my rosacea pimples have become a bit more pronounced though, but I'm hoping this is just a phase as I've only been using it for 2 weeks.

The price is great but I do feel like I'll run out soon, so theres not much product.

Comes out like a thick cream but as you work it into the skin it's not easy to distribute as it's thick and dry as soon as it goes onto the skin, so you do need to use quite a big blob. Also, if you use product after it will pill up and come off which is a shame. So I tend to pat my moisturiser on afterwards so I don't disturb the acid. I've never used it under makeup because I just don't see how it would work.

I'm currently making a lot of changes to my skin care and diet, so I can't say for sure if this product is whats made my acne better but i will continue to use it for the next couple of months. I have sensitive skin and this acid has been recommended for my skin type by many demonologists.