Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.4

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have rosacea and I use this on mornings that I have severe redness. It takes away my redness quickly (same day results! that's fantastic). Feels smooth on my skin. Works well on my cheeks but I think not on my nose because I think it's causing extra blackhead there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have acne-prone, oily skin and this did not work for me. The texture was really thick and difficult to spread without using a lot of the product. It made my skin extremely matte--almost too drying for me and I have oily skin. The reason I stopped using it was because it made my skin itchy and made me break out.

on 5/5/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Somewhat dried out some existing inflammatory breakouts I was experiencing, but broke me out everywhere else and left my skin very red. I don't do well with silicones so this wasn't a huge surprise, but I was hoping that at least one product I'd ordered from The Ordinary would work as intended...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to help clear up some dark spots and some little acne bumps. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I did not know this had silicones in it. Long story short after a couple of days I broke out. A week later I looked worse with break outs. Sadly this did not work for me I think it was the silicones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for the cheaper alternative to my Holy Grail Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion (hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid and azelaic acid) to keep my complexion clear and bright.
So this is one of the product I've purchased. It's a very bad choice for me.
The texture was quite matte (due to the silicone) and it's not hydrating at all. I applied their Hyaluronic serum prior to using this but it didn't work. In fact my cheeks were strangely dry and tight whenever I use it. As a result my makeup was cloudy right after 2 hours and any primer won't help at all.
It might work for super oily and young lady skin.. but for dehydrated acne prone combination skin in late 20s this is not working for me.

on 5/10/2017 2:08:00 PM

I have rosacea and acne and have had less breakouts since using this once a day. I do feel like my rosacea pimples have become a bit more pronounced though, but I'm hoping this is just a phase as I've only been using it for 2 weeks.

The price is great but I do feel like I'll run out soon, so theres not much product.

Comes out like a thick cream but as you work it into the skin it's not easy to distribute as it's thick and dry as soon as it goes onto the skin, so you do need to use quite a big blob. Also, if you use product after it will pill up and come off which is a shame. So I tend to pat my moisturiser on afterwards so I don't disturb the acid. I've never used it under makeup because I just don't see how it would work.

I'm currently making a lot of changes to my skin care and diet, so I can't say for sure if this product is whats made my acne better but i will continue to use it for the next couple of months. I have sensitive skin and this acid has been recommended for my skin type by many demonologists.

on 4/13/2017 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Background: I have dry, sensitive, and rosacea-prone skin that is starting to show lines under eyes when I smile.

I have been using this product off and on for the past 2 months. It's something I really wanted to like because I have been interested in azelaic acid for quite sometime now (supposed to be very good for reducing rosacea-related redness). But alas, I don't like this particular product for my skin.

I'm currently following an Asian skincare-inspired routine. So I pay close attention to a product's texture, active ingredients, and pH level to determine which step I will use it.

Azelaic acid is what I consider an active. So I would put it on right after my double cleansing, and before anything​ else. But I can't with this one because it's silicone-based and would prevent other products from being absorbed into my skin.

So I've been putting it on after my essence & serum, but before any moisturizers (lotion / oil / cream / etc). But it was still problematic there. It left my skin feeling so dry, and pilled easily when I layered moisturizers​ on top.

I know some people use this during the day sort of as a makeup primer because of the silicone, but I am a little leary about using an acid during the day (personal preference).

So as much as I wanted to like this product, I just couldn't make it work for me. But it may work very well for someone with normal or oilier skin.

on 4/26/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fingers crossed this is the miracle I've been waiting for. Three days is when I usually start feeling the prickling and creeping of new irritation as my rosacea gets worse with new products. I'll admit that I have been terrified of the silicones in face products as they badly affect my hair and scalp - but my face seems to love them. (Hydraluron Jelly and Neuteogena Hydroboost play very nicely with this product, btw). I am hoping it will help stave off more perioral dermatitis as well. So far this sits nicely under foundation, but I have only used a powder mineral one so far. I'm impressed!!!

on 4/22/2017 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love this stuff, just love it. I'm 56, with a tendency towards hyperpigmentation, and applying this serum to my skin every other day after my morning cleanse very obviously reduces redness and amps up skin brightness. The product has a gel-like consistency, a nice silky texture, and no noticeable fragrance.

I've almost used up one tube of this product and just repurchased it — it's a winner in my books.

on 4/18/2017 6:06:00 AM

My skin is combination and very sensitive. I was worried that my sin won't agree with this product but I was wrong. I use only at night before I go to bed. My skin is very sensitive so using it twice a day would be too much. I have done it few times and noticed that my skin was a bit dry. I apply facial oil & moisturizer on top of it and have no problem with any kind of peeling or rubbing (many people mentioned this). I will advise that after putting the azelaic acid on your face, gently pat your moisturizer in to your skin. Don't massage. This is what I do and it works great. Great product. Big thumb up for the price!