Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

on 9/12/2017 8:22:00 PM

I was surprised by how much i liked this foundation. It has such a natural looking finish and is easily build-able. Not cakey at all and blends beautifully. My only complaint is it does smell a bit paste-ey but it doesn't linger too long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brand because it was very affordable and I'm on a budget right now. I've always had sensitive skin, but I've never in my life had problems with makeup bothering me, so I wasn't concerned with trying this one out. Well first of all, the applicator is not my favorite. I prefer the pump and this one comes with like a spatula type thing. The smell is immediately off-putting. Smells like I'm literally lathering house paint on my face and it actually feels like it too. I can feel it on my face all day. Also, as soon as it touched my skin, my face started burning all over. It wasn't unbearable and it stopped after a little while, so I continued to use it for 2 more days. Well, I woke up this morning to an awful red rash all over my face. Its hot to the touch and very clearly an allergic reaction. I'm not saying this is gonna happen to everyone, but I don't seem to be the only one it has happened to. Be aware!!

on 9/8/2017 11:01:00 PM

I'm still in awe at how much WnW has stepped up their game. This is a surprisingly excellent foundation for the price especially. It has a good variety of colors and undertones (at least in the light and medium area :/...) In the 1990s and 2000s, I tried WAY worse drugstore foundation for way more money that were terrible in comparison to this.

Now- granted I have tried better. But all of those were far more expensive- like, was the Nars foundation I tried 10X better? No. Not really.

I will grant I am kind of at a honeymoon phase with my skin. I'm old enough that, though I am still oily it isn't like it was 20 years ago, nor do I have acne or break out much yet I don't have fine lines yet. So. Best skin of my life right now, don't need crazy coverage and thus I might have hated this as a 20 something. Mostly I just need to even out a bit and combat the redness I get from rosacea.

It is a real medium coverage- not full, for sure. Doesn't incline to streak which is great. It is a bit more visible as makeup than say, my gold standard for "super, natural" skin (Nyx BB which is too light at the moment). Does stick to dry bits- be sure to moisturize! It applies easily and smoothly for me; I didn't find it a particularly fiddly one to get even, though it sets pretty fast actually.

It lasts quite well on me- again, I've owned slightly better but after 7 hours at work in 90 degrees, it hasn't broken down, though I did set it with loose powder. I am VERY oily-skinned, so I break about 75% of foundations down by mid-day, so this one lasts better than most.

It did not oxidize noticeably.

I mean. It is great if you need a good daily foundation, and don't want to spend $$$ to use a fabulous, fabulously expensive one when you're just going to go to work. Not the best thing ever, yes it has a scent (I found it dissipated in a short time so whatever), but looks very good and is super cheap and has a decent selection of color. I will definitely use it regularly, and yes I would probably choose a more expensive, slightly better formula for an event, but many days this is plenty good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think this foundation is great for the price. It is medium-to-full coverage, looks great in flash photography, and leaves me with a dewy and fresh looking finish. I find that this look better when applied with a sponge as opposed to a brush. It usually takes me about two "spatulas" worth of product for a full face, but I have visible acne scarring.

My biggest issues with this foundation are the smell and the packaging. There is no pump, but a spatula with which you have to use to deposit the product onto the back of your hand before application. But for like $6, I wouldn't expect much else.

Good.

on 9/12/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The price is amazing. I like how this stays for the entire day for an oily skin girl like me. Nice matte finish. However, caution: gets slightly patchy on any dry areas. You will love this if you have oily skin.

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.

on 8/30/2017 11:18:00 AM

Holy buckets!

Another product I came across thanks to the YouTube beauty community.

I've always been skeptical of Wet n Wild simply because of the price. I'd buy their lipsticks now and again because they were cheap, but I rarely bought any face products. Though the formulas aren't always better for pricier items, they typically contain better ingredients that don't irritate my hella acne-prone skin as much as their cheaper counterparts. The YouTube community was raving however so, given it's AWESOME price point, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was so pleasantly surprised! The shade matched perfectly (which is super hard for me because I'm fair, but warm-toned, which typically comes across too yellow), the coverage is full but your skin still looks like your skin (no "mask" effect), the formula was incredibly easy to work with and it lasted all day long, even on my oil-slick of a face! Just like any other foundation, this one works best with a primer and/or a setting spray, but DAMN! Wet n Wild is stepping it up!

Some of their other newer items that I'm in love with are their Liquid Catsuit liquid matte lipsticks and their new highlighters are ON POINT.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good affordable foundation that goes on good and looks natural. Does smell like paint tho.

Okay, at first I loved this foundation, the smell doesn't bother me, but I have very sensitive skin due to some allergies. I have a latex allergy, and I didn't see latex anywhere in the additives, but I cannot use this foundation. I use covergirl clean matte BB cream and it's amazing. This foundation caused my entire face to get red and swollen and I got huge blisters on my face that caused scarring. I've only used it twice and I bought a new bottle thinking it might be just that batch a few months later, low and behold I'm here again with blisters all over my face. I'm sticking with covergirl, at least it doesn't scar my face