wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 4/18/2018 4:02:00 AM

I hate this foundation it was so bad even when I use my primer it so cakey. I was so shocked that it work so good with other people. I have a normal skin but with this foundation my face look so dry and in large my pores . Other then that this product also did not last all day. It's was so sad because many people love it and I hate it.

on 4/16/2018 8:39:00 PM

Here are the reasons why I gave this foundation a one lipstick rating: 1. It had a stong scent that smells exactly like paint - which is not pleasant in any way. 2. It slid around on my face and was completely worn off after a few hours, even with a primer and setting powder. 3. Before using this foundation I didn't have any trouble with my skin, but now I've got tiny bumps all over my face. 4. Even with a thin layer of foundation, it still felt really heavy and uncomfortable on my skin. 5. This foundation made my makeup brushes incredibly stiff, and I'm not able to get them clean. 6. The plastic cap kept breaking and the little spatula was awkward to use.

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that its cruelty-free!

I‘m around an NC20, maybe a tad bit lighter and in the departement store „Soft Beige“ looked like a perfect match. However, it‘s way too dark..or maybe not even dark, but just very orange?! I‘m not sure, but the tone and undertone looked very off :/
The foundation itself is medium coverage I‘d say. It blends fairly well and the bottle is nice and hefty as well, which imo is always a plus.
But that‘s really all good I can say about this foundation, as it looked quite cakey and did not hold up well on my oily skin. Who thought it would be a good idea to draw a comparison between this foundation and ELDW?! They‘re not comparable - like at all. This one doesn‘t last any longer than your typical drugstore foundation, isn‘t exceptionally smudge or budge proof and doesn’t give you high coverage for that matter.

- oxidizes
- looks cakey
- the smell is terrible
- starts breaking up after ~4-5hrs
- transfers quite easily (and leaves you looking patchy)

Yeah, I wasn‘t a fan. I gave it to my sister who has more normal/combo skin, she doesn‘t like it that much either but it worked better for her than it was working for me.

on 4/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and large pores. I had hoped this foundation would be as great as everyone on youtube says it was, but it did not work for me AT ALL. The color turns orange after an hour and looks ridiculous, my pores looked HUGE even when using a primer, and it looked so uneven and muddy. I am shocked this worked out for people! On top of all of it, it caused me to breakout in a painfully large cyst on my chin! I guess I should expect something that smells like paint to clog the pores. I'm 30 and get minimal breakouts and this is the only culprit I have changed in my skin/makeup routine. I'll stick with my Estée Lauder. Going in the trash where it belongs.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love how my face looks with this foundation - and the shade 'golden beige' is a great match for me. I agree with one of the other reviews that it doesn't last all day but for a drugstore product, can't beat it. I notice no smell at all. If I have one con it would be the 'stick' applicator...not a fan of those but I'll deal with it.

on 4/5/2018 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never bought an inexpensive foundation, but based on a recommendation I bought the Wet n Wild Photo Focus foundation.
It's terrific!
It's a 1 oz. size in a glass bottle with a spatula to transfer to your finger or put it directly on your face. I would have preferred a pump, but it's not that important.
The foundation goes on smoothly, blends well and most of all it covers all pores! The only negative is that you have to be fast when blending it or it will dry. I've used Estee and Lancôme and never had such a good experience.
It's not matte or dewy, it's extremely natural. Not cakey, not too heavy, nor too light. It's like your own skin, but better!
The lasting power is fabulous, I didn't have to re-touch it. It didn't settle into any lines and there was no oxidation whatsoever.
I'm fair, combo oily skin...this wasn't too drying or too "slick".
My skin is highly sensitive, but I had no reaction and it's fragrance free.
I bought the nude ivory, 363C. It's very hard to tell from photos, or from the bottle itself. I would have preferred a slightly pinker tone, but I'll definitely be using this every day.
I highly recommend this!

on 3/30/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite drugstore foundation (I also love the Milani Conceal & Perfect 2-1; Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous; l’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Matte; L’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Glow) and in my experience with the foundation, the pros outweigh the cons.

For reference: I’m a NC 42 (MAC), I have combo-oily skin with medium size pores and redness accross my cheeks and nose. I used the color Desert Beige in the Photo Focus Foundation but it’s a tad too dark during winter time so I have to mix in the color Classic Beige.

Pros: medium buildable to full coverage, matte but not flat finish, lasts all day long, doesn’t break up during the day, a little goes a long way, oil-controling very cheap price point (7$cad/5$usd)

Cons: doesn’t have a pump, packaging with a spatula which I find very messy, may not be suitable for dry skin as it was mattifying on my combo-oily skin and controlled my oil throughout the day, can look heavy if applied too much, nasty plastic-y smell

on 3/30/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am a MAC NC30 (medium with warm undertones). I have this in the shade "Golden Beige."

This foundation has received very good reviews on Youtube; however, my experience with this foundation was not that great. While it has a great finish and medium coverage that's buildable to full, I found that there are two major issues with this foundation: lasting power and oxidation.

The foundation does not seem to last very long on the skin. It seemed to start fading after the 4 hour mark. In addition, it has the tendency to crease, esp. around the mouth and under-eye area. It also gets cakier throughout the day as the skin dries out.

The biggest deal breaker with this foundation is the oxidation. It seems to start oxidizing orange on my skin almost immediately after application and gets worse throughout the day. I looked on the reviews on the WnW website for this foundation and this seems to be a pretty common issue.

Hard pass on this foundation. I would not recommend this to a friend nor will I be repurchasing. Instead, opt to get their cushion foundation, which is absolutely fantastic!

on 3/27/2018 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Surprised at the terrible reviews here. I'm a 50 year old lady with super sensitive skin, mild rosacea, huge pores on my nose, pale olive w/yellow undertone. Got this as store was out of the e.l.f. beautifully bare foundation serum that I usually use. It smells exactly like the old school revlon colorstay (like latex paint lol) but the smell dissipates quickly. And it is nowhere near as drying as the colorstay that emphasizes every tiny wrinkle - ugh! I apply extra moisturizer first, followed by primer. I apply a TINY amount with a stippling brush in small sections and use a beauty blender on each section IMMEDIATELY as it dries instantly. It lasts all day at work and the nose area needs touched up only if I keep it on for the evening until bedtime. Great color match for me (neutral buff bisque) which I'm especially happy about because I have enormous difficulty finding foundations for my skin tone.
EDIT - after using this regularly for 3 or 4 weeks I developed a lovely combination of dry flaky skin AND painful cystic acne. This product will never go anywhere near my face again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is such a weird foundation because it seems like it either works beautifully or ends up being a complete disaster. Sadly, I'm in the latter camp. This stuff picks up on every single dry spot and every single pore and just looks unpleasantly cakey on my face. The wide shade range is commendable, and it is less than $5, but that's about it. It does look like the type of formula that is better suited for oily skin, however.