Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THIS is the palette that got me addicted to highend products irrevocably. Anastasia has killed it with this palette. First of all, the color scheme of this product allows you to be as creative as you want; they all work perfect with eachother and create such unique combinations. The shades are predominantly mattes, which could be a plus for most, but also includes unique textures (for e.g. metallics with satin finish). They blend like no other eyeshadow out there and they require the minimal blend to look stunning. The pigmentation is again, fantastic. Even though you mix 3 or 4 colors in the look, you`d still be able to distinguish them individually. It can create stunning day to day eyelooks due to the variety of "soft" colors like Buon Fresco, Warm Taupe, Golden Ochre and Tempera, but it`s always the RIGHT choice to create more pinky/red full-glam looks. The product lasts for very long time, since you only need a little bit to obtain the effect desired, so it is the best investment you can make. It is the dream.
Everytime I buy a palette, I always compare it with the quality of Modern Rennaissance and I still haven`t found one that could be a competitor for it.
TIP: some of the shades could be bought individually from Anastasia Beverly Hills website if it happens to hit the pan and don`t want to purchase the entire palette again.

on 12/26/2017 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure if I understand the hype with this palette. I don't find the colors cohesive and I feel like its not flattering with my brown eyes. I will not purchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was one of my first high end palette I purchases and I would say it was a good one! The colors are perfect they add color to your eyeshadow routine without being to colorful. The pinks and berries and the beautiful red works well together or with the oranges which are perfect for transition colors. They are pigmented and more powdery and dry than creamy but they blend very nicely. I would definitely recommend this palette.

on 12/24/2017 12:30:00 PM

I really didn't have much interest in this all year, mostly because I went crazy this year and have purchased at least 10 or 12 palettes(shameful!)... I picked it up this week on sale, and really am pleased with it...the shades are buttery, pigmented, and there are a lot of looks that can be created. It's a nice addition to my collection, and I definitely recommend... I really want to give it 3.5 stars just based on packaging alone lol, but I really can't because the shadows are fab .. I do love Anastasia products, but man their packaging is so cheap looking, especially for the price..I expect Morphe or Colour Pop to have cheap packaging based on their price point... No one beats Tarte for beautiful/luxe packaging.

on 12/10/2017 10:03:00 PM

The Modern Renaissance is one of my most-used palettes. The pinks and reds are a nice way of adding colours to an everyday look. Antique Bronze is a well loved shade as it is the perfect colour to deepen the outer V (&raw sienna is also used as my transition shade).
For my NC25-30 skin-tone, I don't tend to use the 'Tempera', 'Golden Ochre' and 'Buon Fresco' as they barely show up on me and/or look dirty on my eyelids. This is a rather powdery palette but if applied slowly and in the steps of: 'grab a little bit of pigment, press onto lid, blend, add a bit more pigment, press onto lid, blend' you can easily build it up to your desired look. It is very fun to play with however I do only tend to use 5/6 of the shades. I find that 'Venetian Red' is just a mixture of 'Love Letter' and 'Red Ochre' and so I don't tend to use it. I do like the sleek packaging, however it does collect dirt and much of the kickback from the powdery-ness of the shadows. The brush is standard but gets dirty very quickly. Nice to have a mirror but I don't tend to use it. I like the shimmery shades 'Primavera' and 'Vermeer' as a highlighting the inner corner shade.

on 12/10/2017 6:07:00 AM

This has got to be the worst high end eye shadow palette I've bought to date!
Even my low end, drugstore eye shadows from WnW rival this crappy palette.
Some of you may remember the awful negativity surrounding the Subculture palette and how much kick up was made by barely tapping your brush into that palette and how there was a quality control issue and how some stores were accepting returns and exchanges for the Subculture palette due to the poor, crappy quality of Subculture.
Well, the MR palette I have is the same crappy quality as the Subculture one was. I suspect I may have gotten one of the first produced palettes that were mass produced by Anastasia when the Modern Renaissance palette was first released and looking at reviews on here I can only assume I'm not the only one who has this observation as well.
The kick up from the eye shadows is just awful. I just barely tap my brush into one of the pans and I get a whole lot of kick up of eye shadow. I literally feel like I'm blowing my money away when I blow off the palette after I'm done using it due to the excess kick up..
I've watched many You Tube videos where the person puts their brush into the shadows and no excess product is kicked up and some of them are tapping pretty hard into their palette yet there's no excess kick up like i get. Which is why I believe there's definitely a quality issue with some of these palettes.
I also hate the fact that Love Letter and Venetian Red are so similar, you can't even tell a difference between the 2 colours once they're one the eyes.
The shadows blend into a hideous, muddy mess when I try and blend them together, they don't last very long at all and fade quite quickly even when properly priming my eyes which is something that should not be happening given the price point of this palette. Some of them are hard to blend and literally stay where you put them so you end up having to blend way too much for awhile, such effort should not be had, again, given the price of this palette (Love Letter, Venetian Red), yet some of them blend well enough but also blend into nothingness or into a muddy mess (Golden Ochre, Burnt Orange).
I bought my palette from Macy's so I doubt I got a fake unless someone returned a palette that was a fake and Macy's put it back out on the floor.
The colours in here are so gorgeous and they look amazing against my grey eyes and pale skin but the quality for me and my experience surrounding it has been less than some of the other reviewers on here.
I really do think I got a shoddy palette that should not have made it out for purchase, I think the quality of my palette is the same quality as the first produced palettes from the Subculture release that a lot of other people seemed to have issues with.
I will be looking into affordable dupes for this palette for sure (Beauty Creations one comes to mind).
I do have the UD Naked Heat palette and its quality is far superior than the MR palette but not quite a spot on colour dupe for the MR palette.
I feel pretty upset that I seemed to have gotten a dud amongst all the other people raving about this palette on here but I see a couple reviews that are also questioning the quality of their palette since they seemed to have possibly gotten a poor quality palette, same as me.
I decided tonight would be the last time I wore this horrendous palette ever again after coming home and seeing how awful my shadows had faded and how they all had faded into a muddy mess on my eyes. I tried to give this palette a chance, perhaps too many chances and I'm done. The only redeeming quality from this palette is the brush. It will be the one thing I won't be throwing into the bin.

on 11/17/2017 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am tardy to the party on this one. This is a fantastic, high quality palette. The shadows are so smooth and almost creamy. They blend like a dream. I am no make up artist but this palette truly makes it easy. Never in a million years did I think I would like or even wear Venetian Red but I do and it looks so pretty. The only think I don't like is the packaging. The velvet case is impractical but it is pretty.

Simply Amazing quality! The slightest dip in the pan can paint your entire eyelid, and SO blendable as well!! I can blend these shadows in around 5 mins, which helps a LOT when you're getting ready for work. The only fault is that I dislike the two pink shadows (love letter and Venetian red). I simply dislike their shades. And there's only one shadow that really gives dimension to the look (deep matte brown). But I'm not about to give it less than 5* because the overall quality is above everything else on the market. That's right - there's this palette and everything else as far as eyemakeup falls under second category.

People who critique the packaging tend to forget they get an awesome double-ended brush in the palette. This brush should account for the packaging and not the velvety cover!

Buy this if you don't mind the reds, and if you do mind them (like me) simply get some single eyeshadows that have depth (deep browns, purples, dark duochromes etc..). But buy Modern Reneissance anyway :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette was so hyped up that I decided to hop onto the bandwagon. I bought MR in April 2017, and fastforward , 6 months later, I have only used it like 3 times.The first time I used this palette, the powder kickback was so bad that it turned me off straightaway. (for your reference , I used Zoeva No.221 brush. ) I felt like I am losing more product due to the kickback and fall out than the amount used on my eyes. I like how blendable these eyeshadows are, but I really can't stand the fallout and kickback.

on 11/11/2017 4:21:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful product. Applies and blends like a dream, and I have already hit pan on half the palette. I will say there is sometimes some minor fallout, but I do my eyemakeup first, so its not really an issue for me. The packaging does get dirty easily, I find, but other wise, I highly recommend this product.