CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

I one hundred percent agree with Olfactoria's review below me. My fiance gave me a 50ml bottle of this for my birthday in 2015. I loved it at the time, before I was a bit more versed in fragrance. Now I'm into the old classics. Coco Mademoiselle is like EDM music, and the statement ones such as Youth Dew, Shalimar, Opium, Cinnabar and Coco are like classic rock. CM smells so commercial to me. It's well constructed, and it has amazing longevity. But I only wear it occasionally. Maybe it's the generous citrus in the formula, I can't pinpoint what it is, but it's just too teeny-bopperish, and conjures up the mall in my head. My fiance also gave me the OG Coco on the birthday after, and that's what wrecked my temporary CM fling. I apologize to the CM lovers, but the OG Coco, and other vintage classics, are sooooo much better imo.

on 4/11/2018 11:30:00 PM

I cannot wear regular CM, even though it smells wonderful on others. Yet the Intense version wears well on me. I detect the patchouli and vanilla. This imparts a warm and comforting scent and seems wearable year round.

on 4/11/2018 3:27:00 AM

Irresistable to me. I try new fragrances, that is to say I cheat on Coco Mademoiselle, but I always find myself back reaching for it at the store and smiling. Such a signature that people ask when they smell.

Well, I finally stopped by Macy's on Sunday and tested CMI. As many reviewers have said, it is very close to CM EdP. The biggest difference is that the citrus has been toned down in the Intense formulation, and that makes it a bit smoother (and thus much more acceptable to my nose). At least that is the main difference as far as I am concerned. I cannot tease out notes of amber, tonka, vanilla, or even rose, but I could identify it blindfolded as CM. Personally, I like it more than CM EdP simply because the citrus is so much less stringent.

Re performance, projection and sillage are very good. Longevity seems to be quite good, too. For the price point, it is a good fragrance with better than average performance. In fact, it out performs my recently purchased Frederic Malle fragrances by a mile. (Make of that what you will.)

However, if I wanted to recommend a Chanel fragrance to someone, excluding the exclusives, I would recommend both Coco EdT and Coco EdP over any version of Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle is certainly a nice fragrance, but there are so many nicer fragrances from which to choose. It is worth testing in any case.

Fragrance: 7/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 8/10

on 3/26/2018 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First I am not a fan of the edp..I had it in my collection, but didn't like it much...anyhow, truth is I really like this version, so I can't say they are exactly the same..they are not..you don't have to like edp to like Intense..lIntense is more rounded, less sharp, the citrus is tone down, and the florals aren't so sharp..maybe I will add Intense isnt as unique as the edp..the dry down is a beautiful gourmand with hints of a creamy vanilla and warm citrus..so easy to like..it will be more a crowd pleaser than the edp..for me though, it works perfect...Polge did good on that one..it isn't extraordinary unique, but it certainly smells great, with a trace of the Chanel DNA.

on 3/19/2018 1:48:00 AM

Errr.. I actually little bit dissapointed cause it smell like 'old lady'. Seriously, I feel like an old grand mama when using it. And honestly the smell make me dizzy and I usually have a sudden hadache after use coco mad.

I love coco madamoiselle and this new addition is absolutely amazing. Truer to the original formula from 2001 to my nose and very long lasting. Very similar to edp, less citrus top notes but the same delicious madamoiselle dry down just more intense and long lasting. I love the edt, edp and the intense, they all have a place in my collection.

on 3/1/2018 2:04:00 PM

If there were doubts about whether Olivier Polge was in fact a worthy successor to his Father Jacques, Coco Mademoiselle Intense has showed 'em all! Bravo Monsieur Polge Jr. You scored a home run and then some with this! It's unmistakably Coco Mlle but both more and less so at the same time. Imagine if the original Coco and Coco Mlle had a baby, this would be the result. Softer, deeper, richer and more tenacious, it's Coco Mlle in a minor key, Coco Mlle in rich baroque colours instead of the usual brights. Coco Mlle for Fall compared to the original's spring freshness. It's beautiful and it lasts and lasts, I actually prefer it to the original EDP - who knew!

( Mar27 2018 )

I was excited to see a new Chanel Coco product in a local store , marketed as “ Coco Mlle Intense” . This was intriguing since I wear Coco now and have worn her sister Coco Mlle in years past , along with Allure
( my all time favorite ) .

A few years ago when Coco Noir came out , I felt rather confused with what Chanel was trying to create or achieve . It was a pleasant fragrance to me , but just did not make enough of an olfactory statement to justify the hefty price . I was not wowed enough , and I also found it to have very little projection . Usually a Chanel product creates a mental impression within a couple of minutes after dry down. And usually a Chanel product gives ME an impression of something top drawer , masterfully done , extremely sophisticated and bears qualities of a time less classic .( I have problems when people call a fragrance dated because the most exquisite masterpieces in the Louvre or in the Mart Museum are “dated “ . They are the best of the best and invoke a sense of awe in the viewer’s senses.

I held my breath with anticipation as I waited to see the result of a few sprays of Coco Mlle INTENSE , the new flanker . I had a positive initial reaction , then walked around the mall and waited to make a personal judgement . As the day wore on , I could smell my arm with the new fragrance and decided within an hour I would break the bank for a bottle ( about $150 ) .

Why is it worth it ? It makes a distinct CHANEL impression of something classic, sophisticated and well constructed .It is feminine, softly spicy , does not scream “VANILLA extract “ generic smell . It is expensive because it is so well crafted and Chanel does not scrimp on the ingredients . This is one that will never go out of style , and I predict it will be very well received .

Ilove the fact that it is not a vanilla sugar bomb , and that it is a soft oriental spice . I also LOVE the fact that it has some definite projection and impressive lasting power . It will get just the right amount of attention without blasting loudly . Chanel has created a winner ! It is ( once again ) sophisticated , intriguing , softly spicy and is perfect for a woman who comes across as an intelligent creature who does not need to grovel or scream or walk partially nude in public in desperation for attention .

I rarely splurge over $ 125 .00 for a fragrance , but this ( like Allure and Coco EDP ) is worth the money and a bottle will be quite long lasting ( like the other Chanels I own ) and it will not be a classic women will enjoy thirty years from now .

on 2/25/2018 11:04:00 PM

i stumbled upon this in the store today wanting to spray on Coco.... but saw this and not knowing what it was exactly gave it a try.

this may be the best perfume ive ever smelled in my life

its floral its oriental its sweet but not too so its spicy and some sandalwood in there and it smells rich it smells like being on a mountainside in montecarlo on a starry summer night with you being a goddess movie star in a black and white movie

when i later googled i found out its just been released see? it called out to me with its psychic powers....

Popular Fragrances