Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 12/15/2016 1:47:00 PM

I really like this. I wanted a basic matte palette that had more variety than the Naked Basics, and was not really impressed with the Kat Von D shade and light (too chalky, too many similarities in shades), LORAC pro matte (shade selection issues yet again) or the tartlettes (wanted a softer shadow). This is pretty great for what I was looking for. The shadows are soft and blendable. Heaven is your basic matte highlighter that goes with everything. Nudie and cashmere bunny work for me for eyebrow shading. Chocolate cookie, strapless, and honey butter can create a nice warm eye that can be subtle or intense. Cashmere bunny, nudie, sexpresso (lol, what a stupid name) and risqué can make a cooler eye. Lace teddy is surprisingly the winner shade for me, it is a nice all over soft warm peach, I like it for everyday with honey butter in the crease with chocolate cookie or strapless to line. I have mixed feelings on too faced, but this one is a winner for me.

on 11/6/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette so much that I have a spare stashed away "just in case"! Originally, the biggest draw for me was that it contained only mattes, no shimmers - my hooded eyes do not carry shimmers well and it is frustrating to spend $$$ on palettes where I can only use half the shadows.

This is an incredibly versatile palette and is complete on its own - I use it for my every day work look, but I also do high impact evening looks, like a sultry smokey eye, with the same palette. I see from other reviews that there are a lot of warm toned people who love this one just as much as I (cool toned) do, so it will work no matter what your tone is.

With regard to the powder - it's very fine, easy to pick up when using a good brush, and a little goes a long way. Colour pay-off is good, but again, better when I'm using my expensive brushes as opposed to the brushes that came with my UD Naked palettes. Comparisons with the UD Naked palettes: I much prefer the Too Faced palette - with my skin tone and the hooded eye issue, I struggle to make up a complete look with just one of the palettes; the powder is harder to pick up on the brush and I need to use a lot of product to get the same colour intensity that I get with the TF palette. I probably won't buy an UD Naked palette again, but will definitely continue to keep a spare of the TF one for as long as I can still buy them!

on 9/26/2016 11:32:00 AM

This is a great basic palette for every day looks. There are nine eye shadows, in three groups of three (light, medium and dark), most warm-toned with a couple of neutrals (neither warm nor cool). The pans for the light shadows are about two and a half times the size of those for the medium and dark ones, which is terrific for those of us who use light shades as a base for the entire eyelid. The texture of the shadows is superb - highly pigmented, soft and buttery, and they blend so easily.

on 9/9/2016 12:42:00 PM

This is a good alternative if you are like me and feel like naked basics wasn't neutral/warm at all; but in fact leaned pretty cool....

You can achieve really similar looks. This palette is more versatile and has 9 shades, not 6.

Heaven is a matte off white. Great HL or to throw on all over as a base. I tend to prefer satin or shimmer for an inner corner HL, but this does the job really well. It's a soft white so it doesn't look chalky-- it leaves a soft brightening affect.

Lace teddy is the peachy cousin of the eye brightening shade WOS in the naked basics. Initially I was disappointed slightly in this shade bc I really wanted a peach shadow. This doesn't read peach once on the eye (*my eye). It's a brightening, neutral, "healthy eyelid" looking shade. I like it a lot. It's a nice soft matte and doesn't make my lid look too powdery like some other mattes.

Nudie and cashmere bunny are both awesome as transition and crease shades respectively. Nearly ideal on my nc20 skintone. I also like cashmere bunny all over lid

Im also balls over honey butter. It is a really unique shade. Great all over lid or right above the crease for some lift

Choco cookie is awesome for outer v esp if you like those really warm/red Browns like Swiss choco or brown script.

Sexpresso and risqué could stand do be more pigmented-- and apply patchy if you are looking to build them up. On the flipside bc they aren't incrdidbly pigmented they blend out fairly easily if you are using them for just outer v work. I also like risqué a lot to tightline w a generous amount of fix+ on my brush.

So to compare to naked basics

Pros of naked basics:
Cheaper
More neutral on the spectrum
Has a black
Packaging (imo)
Not entirely matte if you prefer a non matte HL

Pros of Tf natural matte:
More shade selection
Pulls warmer
More versatile - much more mid tones
Some truly unique shades

on 8/21/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I originally had wanted the TF Natural Eyes Palette, I'm glad I settled for this one! Normally I can't do a look that doesn't involve shimmer or metallic. I just cannot. Ever since I got this palette, mattes have tremendously started growing on me. This is perfect for interview makeup or even work. All the shades are so blendable and beautiful..as expected from TF. Strapless & Chocolate Cookie is my favorite go-to. In other palettes, I find those taupe/brown/purple shades to be chalky and skips. I'll admit I do sometimes cheat and reach for shimmers in other palettes but I'm perfectly content using this on its own. The only complaint I have is that I don't care for the lighter shades since it's the same shade as my skin so it doesn't show up. Other than that, perfect everyday palette.

Originally I've bought it for my mom but she said that she ain't got time for applying shadows and said I can keep it. Oh well.
I'm into bold colors so I don't really care for all-neutral palettes but this one is amazing. They're pigmented and blend beautifully, and the shade "Heaven" is THE BEST matte ivory shadow I've ever used. If Too Faced sold it separately I'd buy a lifetime supply, no exaggeration. I use it to set my undereye, to blend and sheer out dark eyeshadows if I applied too much- it's so opaque! Its quite powdery so I'm starting to hit the pan on this shadow alone. (Please TF make it a single shadow!)

But the rest 8 shadows are good too! I love "Strapless", Chocolate Cookie" and "Nudie" I actually use to contour my nose (the only part of my face where I need to contour, it does make a difference. I'm very pale and this is the perfect shade). I wish "Lace Teddy" was more pigmented though. The only shadow I could do without is "Risqué".
But overall it's a beautiful little palette- great for people of all ages! It's my favorite of all neutral palettes. Definitely recommend it.

on 8/15/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my go to pallete. Beautiful bendable matte colors. A great everyday look! They last and blend easy. Too faced makes great shadows in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is definitely my FAVOURITE Too Faced palette out there - The Chocolate Bar Palette being verrrry close behind
This little palette is amazing for day AND night looks.
Every day I use this palette. I set my eyes with the Heaven shade and then I blend Cashmere Bunny into the crease. So simple but makes my eyes pop and adds a little something to my every day make up routine :)
The colours are so pigmented and go on like a dream. So easy to blend and such a versatile palette for every day/night use. Well worth the $54AUD price tag, which is pretty cheap for a high-end palette here in Australia.
Love this product, the packaging, everything!

on 8/13/2016 11:07:00 AM

Very good quality! It's their best-selling too faced natural eyes palette in a matte formula! Before you buy if you already have the natural eyes you get four shades that are exactly in the same (heaven, cashmere bunny, sexpresso, and nudie) despite with that being the case I still think it's a good palette for those who enjoy matte eyeshades! It's especially for back to school in my opinion!

on 8/9/2016 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice. I use all the shades except for the three ultra stoney cool tone shades. Very pretty packaging. Great for blue eyes.