Too Faced Natural Matte

Natural Matte

4.6

on 8/15/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my go to pallete. Beautiful bendable matte colors. A great everyday look! They last and blend easy. Too faced makes great shadows in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is definitely my FAVOURITE Too Faced palette out there - The Chocolate Bar Palette being verrrry close behind
This little palette is amazing for day AND night looks.
Every day I use this palette. I set my eyes with the Heaven shade and then I blend Cashmere Bunny into the crease. So simple but makes my eyes pop and adds a little something to my every day make up routine :)
The colours are so pigmented and go on like a dream. So easy to blend and such a versatile palette for every day/night use. Well worth the $54AUD price tag, which is pretty cheap for a high-end palette here in Australia.
Love this product, the packaging, everything!

on 8/9/2016 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice. I use all the shades except for the three ultra stoney cool tone shades. Very pretty packaging. Great for blue eyes.

on 8/6/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the color scheme.
The textures are nice to work with

LOTS of fallout which is probably normal

the ivory base and nudie are also perfect contour colors by the way so this 100% works as a contour palette too

the dark shades are not as great as the light and mid tones

wouldnt repurchase but hope to hit pan

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love, love, love this palette. The eye shadows are very finely grained. They go on smoothly (I use Real Techniques brushes).

The shadows blend well on top of eye shadow primer. I use Urban Decay eye primer set with a setting powder.

The colors are very close to pan, but I wouldn't say exactly the same color as in the pan (especially for the darker colors). The colors stay true and don't fade throughout the day. I have worn them for 10 hours will no fading. Overall, the colors are just so beautiful for so many looks: work, happy hours, and going out at night.

Some of the darker colors after about 8 hours tend to crease a little bit where I blink. But that is not bad after 8 hours of wear!

on 8/13/2016 11:07:00 AM

Very good quality! It's their best-selling too faced natural eyes palette in a matte formula! Before you buy if you already have the natural eyes you get four shades that are exactly in the same (heaven, cashmere bunny, sexpresso, and nudie) despite with that being the case I still think it's a good palette for those who enjoy matte eyeshades! It's especially for back to school in my opinion!

on 3/28/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has become my go to palette for daily use. I had been using Naked 1 for about two and half years and felt the need for something with nude matte shades and luckily found this and it is exactly what I was looking for. The shades are all great for daytime/office looks, nothing sparkly, shimmery, or garish. This is also great for "no makeup" looks, and my lids but better. I'm around NC15 and this would probably work best for light to medium skin with yellow undertones. A couple of the shades, Strapless and Chocolate cookie do lean more pink/red in their undertone. Personally pink tones don't look good in the eye area on me, they just make me looks sickly, but the rest of the shades are great. Sexpresso is great lash line and outer V shade. I love that Heaven is yellow based, due to my fair skin and allergies my lids tend to ruddy looking and Heaven help correct the redness without needing a tinted primer. Honey butter is a great lid shade for simple looks, and Lace Teddy and Nudie are both good for simple washes, one and done colors. I like the metal packaging and that this does close completely rather than just having a flap. Like other Too Faced palettes this comes with a small guide wit various looks that can be put together which is helpful

on 4/10/2016 11:53:00 AM

This palette is so freaking beautiful and versatile. It is sort of like a spin-off palette inspired by the Natural Eyes palette. The difference is that the Natural Matte one is just completely matte. Even if it is matte, it is far from boring. For $36, you get 9 eyeshadow shades. There is a little guide booklet and mirror, and the names of the shades are printed instead of just on a plastic sheet. Too Faced has revamped their packaging, so it is no longer cardboard packaging with a magnetic closure, but it is now a sturdy tin/metal that actually shuts, so it is great for traveling and on-the-go days. My favorite shades would be Strapless and Chocolate Cookie. They are so beautiful on the crease! As for the quality of the eyeshadows, Too Faced really knows what they are doing when it comes to mattes. These are buttery and soft and are very easy to blend. I use a light hand with these shadows and the pigmentation is great! I recommend trying to build color instead of piling it on. It is a bit pricey, but there isn't anything quite like it on the market. This one doesn't smell like anything, so if you're looking for one of their scented palettes, then check out the Chocolate Bars, the Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette, or the Peach Palette.

Overall, I just think this palette is absolutely wonderful. All make-up lovers should have that one matte palette. If you're looking for one, this one is a winner!

I cant go a day without this palette!! LOVE!
I love how its so blendable,creamy,pigmented! Go without a base for a more sheer look and it still stays all day, or with a base and make it even more intense! I can do so many different looks with this palette and its still very versatile! Definitely a holygrail for daily makeup routine! I will repurchase for sure!
For me personally i only wished that the packaging was plastic instead of metal haha idk why, just my preference. And i also wished "strapless" wasnt so powdery coz its a beauuutiful shade! I HOPE too faced comes out with a bigger palette for their matte eyeshadows!

on 2/26/2016 4:37:00 PM

I think this is my HG. Yep, I know it for sure. I bought this in August 2015, and I hit pan on Heaven and Nudie. With the exception of Lace Teddy (I will come back to that one), these shadows are so pigmented, creamy and ultra-blendable. When I´m in a rush, I apply this without primer and it is still perfectly fine after 6 hours or so. I have the worst brushes (no money to invest :() but I still find these to be really blendable. I think that pretty much all of the shades work perfectly on all skin tones except for Lace Teddy.

Lace Teddy seems to be quite chalky on my skin tone. For reference, I´m about an MAC NC20, so I might not see this shadow working for darker skin tones. I don´t know, I just feel like the light pinky colour of it makes it more obnoxious. I am very sorry not being able to compare this to any other palette except for UDs Naked 2. I find that these -of course only in comparison to UDs mattes- are far creamier and pigmented, although I do find that without primer, the ones from UD last a tad longer.

I have 1 final remark to make, about the packaging. I feel like my packaging is a bit wonky. The hinges are kind of loose, this might also be because of the frequent usage. Overall, I absolutely lovee this product/ palette and I really recommend it when you have a bit more to spend.
xx