Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

3.9

fka PocketDerm

on 5/12/2017 2:48:00 PM

This stuff is pretty incredible . I have tried antibiotics , sulfur, clindamycin, zinc, peels, aloe ... pretty much everything but accutane (which scares me) and my skin was still breaking out . I was desperate so I snapped a pic and sent it in to curology .. I got a nice note back from the NP with her recommendations which were clindamycin, Zinc and salycylic ... I think for me the Zinc was the magic ingredient .. my skin cleared up amazingly over a couple weeks! So much so that I cancelled it after the first month . Big mistake! After 6 mths my skin went back to being a mess.. I am going to stick with it this time . It's pretty much a god-send for me

Amazing product and service. It is so worth it! No doctors office or appointments. It worked great. My first bottle was an improvement but when I sent in my next set of photos my physician said it should be even better. The next bottle was that. I will be a curology client for a long time to come. I was just about to make an appt with a dermatologist for my acne when I found this and I gave it a try and I'm so thankful I did. For those of us that know our issue but need rx products to help it this is perfect. The timing was great on the auto refill. It came in the mail and two days later I used the last of the previous bottle. Can't say enough how much I love it. I haven't had an side effects but if you have sensitive skin I'm sure there are options to make it work for you. Customer service has been wonderful. Quick and helpful responses!

on 8/19/2016 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My problems are red skin (maybe rosacea) and also the very beginnings of fine wrinkles.

I signed up for Curology because my sister uses them for acne and told me that they're a great way to get prescription strength Retin-A.

When I signed up I was assigned a medical provider (Laura) who tole me that she could provide a formulation that would be perfect for treating and preventing wrinkles. She also tailored it so that it was appropriate for my sensitive skin.

Even though I was told that this wasn't guaranteed to help my redness, it's actually almost 100% cured it. On top of that the smoothing and fullness effects of the retinoid have been amazing. The price is a steal, and as far as I know there is nothing else like Curology. Literally my favorite skincare product.

on 7/2/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product was not for me. The myth that they promoting is that the formula you receive is formulated for you. The truth is they have set formulas and they cannot be customized.
I was already using Retin A 0.05 but liked the idea of the additional ingredients to address aging skin.. There was no option to continue on the 0.05 dose, only 0.035 or 0.075. So, I opted for the 0.075. My skin broke out and was peeling so badly I only used it once or twice a week. I shouldn't have been purging as I was already using the product. My skin looked awful. So the next time around, we went to the 0.035 and I continued to break out and peel. It was time to stop. I'm 65 and shouldn't be breaking out! It's taken about a month for my skin to settle down, but now I have some new red marks on my face from pimples I developed while using this product.
This might work for you even though it was a disaster for me. Don't expect to be able to fine tune it. I will be making an appt with the dermatologist to get a refill for my Retin A.

on 4/5/2018 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I decided to try Curology based on a You Tube blogger’s recommendation. However, I’m using it for anti-aging rather than acne. I’ve been using tretinoin 0.5% with good results and with my Curology prescriber decided upon tretinoin 0.75% along with vitamin C and niacinamide. Heaven in a bottle. My skin loves this stuff and with the support available on both Curology’s website, and working with my consultant, it’s a win-win. There is flexibility in choosing a 30 day or 60 day supply, and with a customized formula, the $20 per month is quite reasonable.

4/19/18 UPDATE: Working with the pharmacist, the tretinoin in my formula was increased to 0.14%, as I’ve been using tretinoin for quite some time. I have to say I love this product. My nighttime routine is simplified dramatically. Wash, spritz some Thayers and wipe, Curology, eye cream and argan oil. My skin is actually smoother, tighter and more even toned. No irritation. I’m hooked

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Upon starting Curology I used this stuff exactly as I was advised. I’d apply this once every night, following the use of a gentle skin cleanser & before moisturizing (if desired). (Both my cleanser and moisturizer were products I’ve used forever btw)! It wasn’t until the second week I noticed some changes in my skin. Needless to say they weren’t good. I began breaking out like never before. I’d wake up with 2-3 new breakouts every single day. This lasted for the next 3 weeks until my first bottle was used up and I received my second. I was aware that purging of the skin wasn’t uncommon for the first several weeks so I went another week using it this. I didn’t think my skin couldn’t get any worse but Curology proved me wrong on this one. I was breaking out in areas I never had before, my skin was so much more oily than before. Not to mention my breakouts were huge compared to my before tiny red spots. I emailed my provider about this and she said it was just a part of purging and to essentially wait it out. I couldn’t. I stopped before halfway through my second month. My skin being the absolute worst it’s ever been, I couldn’t “wait it out.” Instantly after stopping Curology I stopped waking up with all these breakouts, and my skin started to settle down. Now ofcourse its not perfect right now, but I think I’m going to take a more natural approach to my acne and give it a rest from all these products. Overall Curology isn’t for everyone. There is the possibility of my skin having the chance of clearing up after the so called purging, but after a month of this I couldn’t stand it any longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My biggest issue with Curology is that they tell you to use 2 pumps daily, then that NEVER lasts the full month. There's no way to really tell how much is left in the bottle either. With my last bottle they apparently put the wrong address on it and it's been roaming the country, nowhere near where I live, for two weeks. I was able to get another bottle sent. They seem to put everyone with acne doing the free trial on the same formula. I told my "provider" I wanted to add in a retinoid and increased azelaic acid. After 3 days she responded with a long-winded NO. That was almost enough to make me stop. But I kept using the lotion nightly and my face really cleared up after 2 months!! I was so happy. Then with the shipping fiasco I had no lotion for 8 days and I completely broke out again. So it's like I'm starting all over. If I could just get a consistent supply of this lotion I think it would really keep working.

on 8/2/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I subscribed due to a blog post, and I have no regrets! I was given a mix of Clindamycin, azelaic acid and tretinoin, as I am in my 30's and still have acne. Fun times! The customer service is A+, as well--the NP I work with answers all my questions in a timely and friendly manner. My skin looks a lot better (as a result of both the cream and the zinc soap/vitamin C combo recommended).

I have been using Curology for 4+ months now. I have struggled with cystic acne for a long while, and PIE. My skin has cleared up, and my PIE is slowly, but surely fading. On top of that, my derm has been so helpful, and gone out of her way to help me. I have started Doxycycline as a preventative measure, along with hopefully being able to use my Curology a little less. Needless to say, I absolutely love everything about it. I have seen nothing but great reviews on them as well. This has been the best decision of my life. At this point, this sounds like a paid AD, but it's really not. I have been writing about my journey on my blog, and using my Instagram to speak on it too. <3

on 2/5/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've dealt with acne since I was 12. Did the whole derm route with different creams, Spiro, etc. At 30 did 5 months of Accutane and had a great year, then It came back. Mostly chin and jaw. Terrible. I found Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and it solved *most* of the bigger issues (and it will always be an HG and in my medicine cabinet), but still had problems with closed comedones, blackheads etc. Now, I'm 44. So it's keeping acne AND wrinkles at bay.
First batch ingredients:
– tretinoin 0.009% (unclogs pores and improves skin texture)
– clindamycin 1% (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory)
– azelaic acid 9% (antibacterial that also fights redness and hyperpigmentation)
Gave good results. Next shipment we upped the tretinoin to .018%.
Things were good. I was looking to get rid of subscriptions to save $$$. So cancelled this for a few months. Bad idea! Just got back on it at the script I left off with. Some minor purging, but it's also REALLY helping hyperpigmentation fade quickly.
I will not be going back off of it again.
Also very happy with service, response time, information, and personal attention. Rachel Rivard, NP-C is my provider.