Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.2

fka PocketDerm

I used this service when it was PocketDerm and strayed, thinking I know better and don't need to pay the subscription fee because I work in luxury beauty and therefore can just use whatever packaging is pretty and I receive as gratis. Nope. Enough. I'm relying strictly on the MD's from here on out.

It's a week before my wedding and I am in dire straits. My skin has been freaking out, angry cystic red pimples all over my chin and jawline and cheeks. I wanted to cry and felt so insecure. I tried everything, very little worked but cutting all my usual actives and switching to strictly CeraVe.

Within two days of messaging, Dr. Anna Ballard, my Curology dermatologist, put in an emergency order of spiro, doxy, and prednisone, which helped right away, and sent me a blend with clindamyacin, niacinamide, and zinc, which is also working very well.

I'm not trying to promote unrealistic expectations or a time frame here but the doctors really listen and care about your concerns and that to me is worth every penny of my monthly fee. I highly recommend giving it a shot.

on 10/6/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love my Curology prescription! I'm on my third bottle and have noticed wonderful results. It takes a while to notice a difference, but I used to suffer from frequent breakouts on my nose and chin. I never get breakouts now and only have, at most, a tiny whitehead pop up maybe once a month. Such an amazing difference.
Only thing I hate is the packaging. It comes with a pump but sometimes it doesn't pump and I tried fixing it and ended up pushing some internal mechanism deep into the bottle. Wish it was simpler so I could fix it myself, but now I have to order a new one. So much wasted product :(
Anyhow, I highly recommend this product, just make sure you're honest with your online dermatologist if you aren't seeing the results you were expecting.

I love Curology! They have invented a genius product! It works! You only need to use it at night before bed!

I had always had pretty clear skin. I was "blessed" with no cystic acne, just whiteheads on my forehead and the usual period pimples. But last year, I started to have the worst pimples on my cheeks that even makeup couldn't cover.

So I turned to Curology in March 2016, with Emily Gruber, NP-C as my medical provider. I was very detailed in my description of my current skincare routine and I took tons of pictures. My first formula contained 4% niacinamide, 1% clindamycin, and 0.25% zinc pyrithione. She recommended that I stick to a very simple skincare routine (before Curology, I was using my Clarisonic almost daily). This combination of the simplicity of my skincare routine and Curology nightly did wonders for my skin. My forehead cleared up and I wasn't getting any pimples.

In June, before I was to receive my next shipment of Curology, I contacted Emily with updated photos. I also told her that I rarely ever get pimples anymore and that I just want to clear the hyperpigmentation. So she changed my formula to 8% azelaic acid, 1% clindamycin, and 0.25% zinc pyrthione. To be honest, I haven't been as faithful to using Curology every night, especially lately. But I never get pimples or whiteheads anymore and my skin is so soft so that in itself is a win!

I definitely recommend Curology, especially if you have nothing left to do to help your skin. And at $19 a month, that's not completely crazy.

Amazing product and service. It is so worth it! No doctors office or appointments. It worked great. My first bottle was an improvement but when I sent in my next set of photos my physician said it should be even better. The next bottle was that. I will be a curology client for a long time to come. I was just about to make an appt with a dermatologist for my acne when I found this and I gave it a try and I'm so thankful I did. For those of us that know our issue but need rx products to help it this is perfect. The timing was great on the auto refill. It came in the mail and two days later I used the last of the previous bottle. Can't say enough how much I love it. I haven't had an side effects but if you have sensitive skin I'm sure there are options to make it work for you. Customer service has been wonderful. Quick and helpful responses!

I posted this review elsewhere, but I love MakeupAlley, so I hope it's OK if I repost it:

Name any of the top acne treatments, and I've probably tried it. I started to get acne around early college, and despite what other's told me ("You'll grow out of it", "You just need to use productx"), it only got worst with age. I literally never left the house without a full face of makeup, for about a decade.

I finally hit my breaking point when I turned 30, and my latest treatment made my face so dry it made my skin crack when I smiled. I tried a dermatologist in office, that took 2 months to get into and spent a grand total of 5 minutes with me (and cost me about $180, yay). I gave in and placed my order, expecting another disappointment.

And then my face cleared up. Like that. In about two weeks I had already stopped breaking out. A few months later, my red spots faded. I no longer wear concealer(!!!!) I emailed my Curology doctor a few times, and he not only answered the email within a day, I could tell he actually READ my email, and gave me legitimate product recommendations (that I still use two years later).

Curology is not like other products I've tried. It's customized to ME (or you). If something doesn't work, it can be adjusted. It could cost me 5 times more and I'd still subscribe. I wish it existed 10 years ago, because It has changed my life for the better. <3

on 8/19/2016 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My problems are red skin (maybe rosacea) and also the very beginnings of fine wrinkles.

I signed up for Curology because my sister uses them for acne and told me that they're a great way to get prescription strength Retin-A.

When I signed up I was assigned a medical provider (Laura) who tole me that she could provide a formulation that would be perfect for treating and preventing wrinkles. She also tailored it so that it was appropriate for my sensitive skin.

Even though I was told that this wasn't guaranteed to help my redness, it's actually almost 100% cured it. On top of that the smoothing and fullness effects of the retinoid have been amazing. The price is a steal, and as far as I know there is nothing else like Curology. Literally my favorite skincare product.

on 5/3/2016 8:45:00 PM

Great Product! As with many people who use tretinoin products (brand name retin -a) I too experienced an initial breakout. But...stuck with it & I am sooo glad I did. I am 31 & my skin had not looked this clear, even, just good since 17. I had tried everything! Derms & over the counter. I dont like BCP & spiro pumpkin my body with hormones so, this was the best option. I love that you have a derm, arpn u can write anytime u need with concerns & questions. I am in school to be an esthetician so I pick her brain all the time & she is great. I felt my tretinoin % at .009% (which retin-a fits not offer & u must start at .25% usually & that is why many experience such dryness, redness, & irritation, it is too much) but, my skin could handle more, so we increased it after 2 months. Then in another 2 months we went up again to .04%. Im about 3 weeks in @ that strength (4mos & 3wks total) & other than 1 or 2 small pimples right before or during my period, I'm clear. The PIH is fading from old breakouts & my skin feels so soft. And @ 31 I was starting to worry about wrinkles & tretinoin Hermosa with that too. By in increasing the rate ur skin cells turnover & exfoliate u are effectively handling both issues & Curology does have an anti-aging program too. My tretinoin is combined with clindamycin (anti-biotic) & azelic acid (helps fade marks & anti-inflammatory) & any patient will receive a custom med for their specific issues too. If u have tried everything & not had success or are doing the yo-yo thing, good month then bad month....try this please! I never write reviews but I really believe in this system, plus...it is so much cheaper than a derm visit & a prescription.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

JUST DO IT! It is so, so, so perfect. I signed up, uploaded some terrifying pictures of my acne-ridden, makeup free skin and heard back from my "Professional" within 24 hours. I have Monica, who is a PA. She is really great and always responds back within 24 hours if I have a question. There is a chat feature on the website and you can email your professional anytime about anything at all. I've even messaged her for sunscreen recommendations.

I've been using Curology for about 3 months. My formulation contains azelaic acid, clindamycin and niacinamide. I have extremely stubborn acne that has never responded to anything except for accutane, which I could only tolerate for 2 months due to the side effects. This treatment has cleared me up about 75%. The acne I get now is not sore anymore and don't leave red spots. My face was completely riddled with PIH but it's now lightened up so much that I don't have to smear concealer all over my face every day just to feel normal.

I can't say enough about this! It's very fairly priced and SO convenient. No more doctor's appointments!

on 1/23/2016 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I started with PocketDerm (Curology) last winter after losing my job and going through a bunch of other stressful situations. I developed cystic acne for the first time in my life. I was desperate and without insurance, but needed something ANYTHING to help me out. After the first consultation, I was hooked. Dr. L was receptive to my concerns and offered helpful suggestions in a very short time. After we were able to clear up my acne issues, Dr. L. worked with me to focus on my hyperpigmentation. Even though I have insurance again, I will happily stick with Curology for the foreseeable future.