Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

It took me a while to finally get this palette and to be honest I wasn't that excited at first, however, after using it for some months now - I must admit this has quickly become my go-to every day palette.

If you love matte eyeshadows, these are top notch: buttery, blendable, pigmented. You can find all swatches and more details about the palette on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/01/26/Lets-Talk-About-Shade-Light-Eye-Palette ) You certainly can create so many looks with this palette and whenever I want a bit of sparkle - I just use any of the individual eye pigments or glitters I have and for my mattes I use KVD. I am very happy that I have this palette, I think it is something that every makeup enthusiast needs in her/his collection.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a nice palette! I love neutrals and browns and prefer matte shades to shimmer so this is perfect for me. The eyeshadows are pigmented and finely milled, I did not have problems with fallout or getting them to show up. I'm not big on warm colors but the warm shades here are really wearable and not too reddish like a lot of warm tones. The package is beautiful and understated, plus you get a lot of product as the pans are large. Definitely becoming something I reach for very frequently when doing my makeup! Highly recommended!

I love this! I am late to the game on this palette, for sure, but so glad I have it now! I have recently gotten back into makeup (was just using the standard UD nakeds, etc.)- and decided to watch some youtube videos. I saw someone use this palette and knew I must have it!

I tried it the day I got it- I used the cool shades- but honestly, the reason I got it is I can see myself wearing every single shade! It doesn't lean too warm- some of these really warm looks make me look awful (which is why I'm avoiding the ABH Modern Renaissance palette, can't pull off those reds!) I like how it has a bigger pan for the base shades that you would typically use more.

I prepped and primed like I usually do with primer potion, and man, these shadows stayed put- but were easy to blend. They didn't all blend together and look messy and muddy, though, which is another thing I hate. I kept looking at my eye makeup in the mirror, checking, and it was beautiful (if I say so myself, lol) all day!

I am so impressed. Will totally repurchase!

on 12/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

I held off on purchasing this for awhile. It wasn't until I bought Visearts Paris Nudes palette did I know I needed a good matte palette. I have just recently finally started using mattes so I do not have a lot. Especially neutrals because I love colour but these shadows go so well with the Viseart one I'm just loving the look of mattes together with some shimmer. This palette is great because I can do full looks with it or use it with other palettes which, is what I like to do. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I like how this has the quads of neutral, cool, and warm. To me the neutral and cool shades are my most used. Especially laetus, Samuel, and lazarus which is my favorite shade in the palette.

Lazarus is a fantastic shade for contouring my crease. Being fair these shades all work well nothing too stark or muddy. I don't know why I waited to get this?!? Truley a superb set of shadows that are very silky and easy to apply. I do find they kick up a little powder but it's certainly not a deal breaker and I think it's because the shadows are so soft and buttery. Even though this palette has some warm shades and me being cool toned has not been a problem this is a really well made product. I hope KVD makes a more cooler toned one that I would buy as well. But I am very happy with this and I love using it with Visearts Paris Nudes. It really can go with anything or on its own it's a stellar palette! Recommended.

on 12/27/2016 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly the best matte eyeshadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are amazing! They blend perfectly and are very pigmented (I was really surprised when I dipped my brush into the white). There are colours for every skin colour and undertone in this palette, for dark and pale people. As an extremely pale person I was delighted to find I could wear all the lovely shades as some colours don't suit me at all. This palette is also at such a good price, it's not too expensive for the amazing quality and beautiful packaging. Everybody needs this palette.

on 12/10/2016 3:22:00 PM

This was the first "high end" eyeshadow palette I ever got my hands on. I was so used to playing with drugstore eyeshadows, and I friend gifted this to me. If you are looking for a matte palette, go with this one. It's so versatile: I use the banana shade, "Ludwin" to set/brighten my under eyes with a very light hand, and the grey shade , "Lazarus" to carve out my cheekbones. I was a beginner with makeup when I started to use this makeup, they are buttery and so so so blendable. The palette is broken up into 3 groups and a tutorial actually comes with the palette, which makes it fool proof.
I pair this with the Kat Von D tattoo liner in trooper, or you can wet your brush and use any of the darker or "defining" shades as a liner.
My favourite shade is Lucious.
If you want to buy one higher end matte palette, this should be your top contender. You can use it everyday, work or play. The colours are pigmented and buttery.
You won't regret it.

on 12/9/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I only bought this because I had a coupon to use, but boy am I glad I picked it up! I always wear frost shadows on my lid, so was apprehensive about getting this all matte palette. However they blend so beautifully and the color you see in the pan is what is transferred to your lid. I have tried every shadow in the palette now and the only one that I found was kinda chalky was the pure white one. I had some fall out on my cheek. All of these colors work on my NC25-30 skintone. I would definitely pay full price for this item!

on 12/3/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is amazing! All the shades are matte so if you are not in to mattes then this wouldn't be for you. All the eye shadows blend flawlessly and are super pigmented. This palette will suit loads of different eye colours and skin tones as it has warm, cool and neutral toned eye shadows. I've never used eye shadows that blend so well and you will have an eyelook together in minutes as they are so easy to use. This palette can be used for natural day time looks and also for dramatic night time looks.

on 12/9/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I returned mine. After hoping that I'd use all the wonderful matte browns in it, I found that only "my" region (warm) worked on me, and that I would rather save the room and cardboard by purchasing four mattes in "my" shades. YMMV.

on 12/3/2016 2:04:00 AM

All the necessary must have colours in one palette, def a staple item to have!