Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 8/27/2017 4:14:00 PM

After reading rave reviews I decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy this foundation, we don't get the fancy bottle in the U.K we get the cheap tube instead.
It's a very runny foundation and my shade is natural tan which I thought would be a good match, it pulls very orange on me and doesn't have any coverage, my dark circles and redness were stil peaking through after one layer, I did try and build this up age got a medium coverage but because it pulls orange I run the risk of looking like a tangerine.
It's a average foundation nothing to scream about, the finish is a natural i wouldn't describe it as matte more of a satin matte very skin like.

I think if they had a better colour range I would much prefer this foundation as it's just a struggle to match it to my skin tone and I definitely think it oxidises a bit. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish and has quite a good medium coverage, considering I've used half the bottle I'd say it's a pretty decent product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.

on 8/18/2017 2:51:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because it's talked about quite a lot on YouTube and it's so cheap. But alas even though it says it was meant for oilier skin types, I did not find this to suit my combo-oily skin.

It looks really nice when initially applied - it's a light-medium coverage and I wouldn't say it's super matte, it's more of a semi-matte finish as you can still see some shine on the foundation even after it has dried. However, the thing I dislike the most is that it emphasises EVERY bit of texture on my face, even with a primer underneath. I don't have super textured skin but this just sinks into my pores, clings to the dry patches on my nose, cakes up around my nose and makes the laugh lines around my mouth look really obvious (and given that I'm only 23 that's saying something). The lasting power is really disappointing as I find that this just melts off my face after around 3 hours even with a primer and setting spray.

If you're very oily-skinned and looking for something longwearing, I wouldn't recommend this. I have to mix this with some hyaluronic acid so that it doesn't look so weird on my skin and lasts longer (don't ask me why this works, it just does!). As a standalone product however, I don't think it does what it claims to do other than have an excellent shade range. This might work for you if you have normal skin or are only SLIGHTLY oily, and want an everyday matte foundation from the drugstore - otherwise I think there are a lot of better options out there, even if you have to pay a little more for it.

on 8/12/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. but i mostly hate it.
I use this product mainly because it doesn't make me break out and i have acne-prone & sensitive skin. It separates and cakes up around my nose, chin, and under my eyes after about 8 hours. The coverage is light to medium, you can still see my acne and freckles when i have it on. It doesn't completely mattify, you do need a powder. It also oxidizes. I have super pale skin so this is an issue. I have very oily skin too, and it doesn't stay matte. I will have to powder my nose a couple hours after applying. This foundation just sucks.

I've used this foundation for the last two years and I'll no longer be using it. When I first bought it I thought it'd be a really good foundation for a great price but after buying it in different finishes and colors it's left me disappointed. The color really gets orangey and oily as the day goes on and it leaves my skin feeling slimy no matter what products I use under and on top of it. If you're looking for a light coverage this is the foundation for you! But if you have acne prone skin and it's oily I wouldn't recommend. Overall I'm not going to be buying it again but it's great for lightwear. When applied with a foundation brush it gets streaky, when applied with a silicone sponge it is also streaky and unever, but when applied with a regular makeup sponge or beauty blender it leaves the nicest finish out of all the other options. If the product was more buildable and didn't oxide as bad I would buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this since I've heard such good things but it just didnt work. Looked cakey and cry on my skin and oxidized like crazy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is my current fave. It gives me a demi matte finish (i have semi dehydrated skin) and with two thin layes, i get a medium/full coverage with this. I love this and will definitely be repurchasing. The only con is the packaging. It doesnt have a pump.

on 7/31/2017 1:33:00 AM

I'm a former makeup artist who worked for Clinique for 13 years. I would have not been caught dead shopping in a drug store for makeup or skincare till my financial circumstances drastically changed. But this foundation is amazing. Right up there with Estee Lauder's Double wear , which is what I swore by as a makeup artist. Nice color range, I go from very fair to medium in the summer. They have also recently added additional colors. I also love the powder. I plan to try the concealer as well

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My skin is very fair but has pink undertones, so I often find it difficult to find foundation that's not too yellow. This brand is really good for people with pinker skin tones because there's a good range of options in addition to the usual yellow ones. Coverage wise it's not bad. Even a thin layer smooths out your skin tone.

The only thing I have found as I get older is that it doesn't stay on my skin. It separates in the areas of my face that are most oily (t-zone and chin) and the creases. It doesn't matter if I use the branded primer, setting spray, bake, whatever. Same result.

If you are younger and don't have oily skin, this might be a great choice for you. However if your skin is oily or - as much as it pains me to utter these words - more mature then this is probably not your best option.