Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

on 9/1/2016 8:08:00 PM

I just got this palette and started to use it and found every color is perfect for my skin tone, eye color to give me a better than natural look.

The colors are highly pigmented and go on & blend like a dream. I put the colors on this morning and 6 hrs later still look great. I've got blue eyes, olive skin & brunette hair. (mac nc35) I like this better than most of my mac eye shadows.

on 8/11/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had to return this.

The positives of this palette are the following: sturdy, attractive case, nice sized mirror, the appearance of beautiful, matte shades. Testing the display palette at Sephora resulted in buttery colours on my fingers.

However, I could not get this to work for me. As stated in previous reviews, once applied onto the eyelid, the colours are just too similar to each other and no gradients, shading and distinction of colours could show up on my Indian skin. The shades I used all turned into a mauve-gray muddy mess. And while I readily admit that I am definitely no eye shadow expert, I've had other palettes work for me much better.

I can see how and why other reviewers might like it - it is completely matte, and the colours look flattering in the package. I personally couldn't get it to do what I wanted, so back it went.

on 8/2/2016 10:27:00 PM

I purchased this palette recently and am so in love with it. First of all, the packaging is super pretty and the palette is slim, and small, therefore better for travelling with. I also like the fact that the palette contains a good sized mirror. As a hoarder of eyeshadow palettes, this is up there with one of my favourites as the shades are all so durable and are easy to use to create a wide range of different looks. The pigmentation is excellent, whilst also being super blendable; I am a face-before-eyes kinda girl, so I like to use shadows that aren't 'chalky' to create a lot of fall out and I had no problems with this when using this palette. The shadows are everything you need. I like to use the shade 'free spirit' to set my eye primer, the shade 'super mom' is great for highlighting inner corners and the brow bone and I found that the shade 'force of nature' is a great transitional shade, very similar to Make-Up Geeks 'peach smoothie'. Overall I love this palette and would definitely recommend it to a beginner, someone who travels a lot and doesn't like to take that many palettes, or just someone who is looking into investing a versatile palette :)

on 6/25/2016 10:15:00 PM

I have tartleette in bloom 2 and this one is my second fav it has cute color nice packaging well worth the money but doesn't blend as easy as the tartelette in bloom 2 doesnt

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to like this pallete, i really did. It has my perfect selection of matte shades you could need for a variety of looks, but it just didnt work. The colours were hard to blend and got muddy really quickly on the lid; they were chalky and powdery and especially the darker shades had a TON of fallout. I wasnt expecting this kind of quality from tarte, and since it was my first time trying their palletes, tbh i was a little let down. I returned it after 5 days of trying to make it work, but nope- the lighter shades barely show up on my skin, and when i am able to blend the shadows, they end up losing alot of their pigment and i keep having to build up , build up , build up and blend and then they end up looking muddy. The only reason i gave this one lippie is because the packaging was my favourite out of most of the palletes i have-sleek, cute, has a good sized mirror inside and closes tightly so you dont have to worry about the shades getting everywhere. Overall, i wouldnt recommend this. I dont know if i got a bad onr since most people seem to like it so much, but this just didnt work for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'll admit it, I bought it because of how pretty it is! The colors look stunning and the packaging is beautiful. The color selection is great - but if you have very dark circles like me, it's easy to look like you have a black eye if you go overboard with the purples. It is a bit chalky, but it's not too bad.

on 4/29/2016 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so torn about this palette. I think it's beautiful and sleek, and contains just about every shade I would need to do a matte eye look with neutral shades, from the most natural to the over-the-top dramatic.

For the most part, the quality of the shadows is really good, and I mostly only have one complaint (it's a big one though!): the darker shades in the palette are a huuuuuge pain to blend. Like, I can spend FOREVER trying to blend out any of the shades in the right column, and the best I ever get is "oh well, that will have to do". And by the time I do manage to blend those shades out enough that they don't look harsh, the whole look gets that muddy/bruised-looking effect that just isn't cute.

I'm going to keep the palette and continue to use it because the lighter shades are all pretty stellar and the packaging is great for travel; however, I'm kinda disappointed overall and I wouldn't repurchase this palette unless Tarte reformulated some of the deeper shades.

on 5/11/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I debated over this for a long time. I finally caved and returned it after one week. I tried for 7 solid days to make this work. I loved the colors of these matte shadows but they are shockingly hard and poorly pigmented. The darkest colors go on like medium shades - very little color pay off. My brushes barely made a dent in the shadows after one week. I was expecting the same quality as the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and I was extremely disappointed. This seemed like a good value but it's worth nothing when the shadows are this difficult to work with. The shades are duped on a number of sites with MAC shadows so I will try to build parts of this palette that way......not to mention that I have many of the shades already. Very disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an excellent basics palette. Whenever I need a basic shade, it's there. My only black shadow I own is in this palette. I use the darkest brown and black to set liner. Supermom is my perfect highlight. It has two great blending shades, force of nature and wanderer. I love to use force of nature on the lid with black liner, such a great one shade look. And the purple row adds interest. The shade choice is great for a basics matte palette.
I do take off a point for the quality. These are ok shadows but not the best. They are dusty and can be patchy. The purples get a little muddy. The grey shadow is probably the worst shadow on the palette. But it's workable and a great workhorse palette. If you are looking for an interesting palette, this isn't it. Check out the in bloom version if you want interesting. If you want Naked basics but bigger and Kat Von D shade and light isn't your thing, this is a good choice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty great palette, the shadows are all matte which is pretty handy as well them all having really nice pigmentation. The only downside is that because these shadows blend so well, you sometimes have to layer them up as too much blending will cause fading in the pigmentation.