Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

3.9

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

I like this toner, but when I use it twice daily, my skin gets a little iritated...perhaps the alcohol in it does that. Overall, I would buy this again. I have used it during winter, maybe that's why i felt it a little harsh on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This toner really sweeps up oil in the summertime. I otherwise use #3 during all other seasons. While I still get an occasional breakout, nothing controls oil better than this. And I learned that using a cotton square or round works better than a cotton ball. I only gave it a 2 for the packaging because it can spill. I wish it came with a pump, which the #3 occasionally does.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this works really well with the dramatically different moisturizing gel. i also tried using it with the liquid facial soap for oily skin, but found that all 3 made my skin way too dry and flakey. so i just use cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser with the toner and moisturizer. besides the fact that for some reason clinique skin care products BURN my face, this is fantastic. my oilyness has decreased significantly, even in 110 degree weather! it's really miraculous. i also like that by toning i can see everything that cleansing left behind.
the amount of product that's in the bottle is also ridiculous! SO much! i'll never finish it! and such a good price!
amazing product, and the burning only lasts a few minutes, but one lippie off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this as part of a 3-step system for super oily skin. I was on my quest for something that would work. This was NOT it. It made my face red and irritated. It seemed to create MORE acne. I gave it to my mom. She didn't love it. I think Clinique needs to lay off the alcohol! Now, I use a toner from Paula's Choice and it is a superior product that I recommend over Clinique.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I used this a few years ago and remember spills all the time(I don't like being careful right before bed), burning sensations, and a heavy perfume. Not exactly qualities I look for in a skincare product. I could have looked over it if it WORKED, but it didn't. It just left my skin dry and patchy and stinging. Waste of money.

I've been using this product on and off for years, and I keep coming back to it.

I have oily, acne prone skin that isn't very sensative to chemicals. This does not burn my face at all, and leaves no strange film after it evaporates.

It keeps my acne from getting worse by picking up dirt and oil that my cleanser my have missed. Also, it helps polish away a majority of my skin flakes - especially around healing acne. This makes my makeup go on better.

If you have crappy skin like I do, this may be a part of the answer you're looking for.

on 4/11/2010 4:23:00 AM

I only use this once a week after I cleanse my face & before I steam it, ready for my DIY weekly facial routine. It has alcohol in it; it really does mildly exfoliate whilst stripping some of your natural oils which is kind of what Im going for during my facial in order to collect all the benefits from my tea tree oil steaming face mask. But you dont really want to use this everyday & strip your natural oils everyday as these oils helps provide your skin with a natural barrier from the external aggressor. i.e sun, wind, dust, aircon, pollution etc.

Similar to any other exfoliation, I would not go out in direct sunlight after use of this without sun protectant. Id wear my sunscreens, sunnies & hat & try to stay under shade wear possible.

I used this once when I had dry patch & it burned the area I was suppose to treat with gentle product - silly me =/

Nice product to have for oil/acne prone skin as all the moisture & natural oils build up the strength of the skin a little more; sometimes even making it tough. But has zero benefits for those with skin thats on the less oily side, only discomfort. May as well go for number 1 or 2 as these will provide you the same kinds of exfoliation & toning benefit without targeting the oils (which you wouldnt much of anyways). =)

on 7/7/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

LOVE this product. Please make sure to work up to the four never ever ever just go and buy it. You will wreck your skin. Having that said, after making insane amounts of oil, my skin needs daily and frequent exfoliation. The clarifying lotion is liquid exfoliation and not a toner. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, for my oily skin, and the breakouts will start soon after going up, but after the bad stuff, the good results will start! I love Clinique's 3 step, and feel like the products have helped me with my skin. I do have to change products from time to time, but I always come back to Clinique. It seems to go well with my topical prescription products, which my derm is aware of my skin routine. She thumbs up anything that works for the individual. So just make sure to ask for a consult for their 3 step, and you will be lead to products that are great for acne proned skin ,but makes good skin ...absolutely beautiful

on 4/18/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin with blemishes, and this just gets rid of it all!
Agreed, it is a very harsh toner, but for my skin it works miracles. I use it twice a day and it doesn't dry my skin. I never get flaky or red skin when I use this so I would recommend this to people who have a VERY oily skin :)

since I have been using this (5months) I haven't broken out at all, this really did it for me.

EDIT.
I did the last few weeks, I just don't know what it could be from, I now bought the clinique scrub so hopefully that's going to help a bit :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love what it's done for my skin. It clear 95% of my acne, and temporarily gets rid of oily skin. The only problem is that my skin doesnt stay shine-free ALL day. Besides that, I love it, and have (and will continue to) purchase it again and again, because it's priced so youre able to! There's two sizes, one is $11 and the other is $20. I reccomend to anyone(: