CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.9

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 10/14/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this toner! I only stopped using it because Tazorac is irritating my skin. It was great at mattifying and was fresh and light. Only drawback: It is heavily perfumed.

on 5/16/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this product! My skin is VERY oily and acne prone, and this is the only toner that works for me. It doesn't leave any residue behind, like most toners (ex: ProActiv ew). Leaves the skin feeling soft and refreshed. I usually use this in the morning with a cotton pad and use it all over my face and neck. When using this product I can usually skip washing my face in the morning and just use this toner to refresh my face. It has significantly kept my acne under control, and everyone in my family including my boyfriend notice a difference in my face....it makes your skin so radiant! I would deffinately reccomend it for anyone who has very oily acne prone skin, a must-have holy grail!!

I give this product a 4 because it's pricey, but it's the best toner I have ever used. I have the most oily skin of anyone I know (I mean, within just a couple hours I'm already getting greasy and sticky). I plan to use this #4 toner year round, because my skin is oily even in winter. I would recommend that only people with VERY oily skin use this #4 product, because #3 would be less harsh and more suitable for people with combination or slightly oily skin. If you aren't truly very oily, this may burn and be irritating. This is the only product that actually does what it says, clearing out any leftovers from cleansers and makeup, and it sweeps away flakes and leaves my skin feeling soft. Using it before bed, I like to use the Dramatically Different moisturizer, otherwise I only put it the gel around my eyes and on my cheeks when I'm going to apply makeup. I love that this product also doesn't leave my skin looking shiny afterwards, as some toners/sstringents leave a sheen behind, or take so much out of your skin that it's shiny afterwards. My skin feels clean and refreshed. I still suffer breakouts, but I don't blame products on my acne in general, I blame my genes and skin condition. It's not completely foolproof, after several hours the shine and grease will eventually poke through, but it takes a lot longer than with other products. This is the only toner that actually keeps my oil under control for a decent amount of time.

I like this toner, but when I use it twice daily, my skin gets a little iritated...perhaps the alcohol in it does that. Overall, I would buy this again. I have used it during winter, maybe that's why i felt it a little harsh on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This toner really sweeps up oil in the summertime. I otherwise use #3 during all other seasons. While I still get an occasional breakout, nothing controls oil better than this. And I learned that using a cotton square or round works better than a cotton ball. I only gave it a 2 for the packaging because it can spill. I wish it came with a pump, which the #3 occasionally does.

I've been using this product on and off for years, and I keep coming back to it.

I have oily, acne prone skin that isn't very sensative to chemicals. This does not burn my face at all, and leaves no strange film after it evaporates.

It keeps my acne from getting worse by picking up dirt and oil that my cleanser my have missed. Also, it helps polish away a majority of my skin flakes - especially around healing acne. This makes my makeup go on better.

If you have crappy skin like I do, this may be a part of the answer you're looking for.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I used this a few years ago and remember spills all the time(I don't like being careful right before bed), burning sensations, and a heavy perfume. Not exactly qualities I look for in a skincare product. I could have looked over it if it WORKED, but it didn't. It just left my skin dry and patchy and stinging. Waste of money.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this works really well with the dramatically different moisturizing gel. i also tried using it with the liquid facial soap for oily skin, but found that all 3 made my skin way too dry and flakey. so i just use cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser with the toner and moisturizer. besides the fact that for some reason clinique skin care products BURN my face, this is fantastic. my oilyness has decreased significantly, even in 110 degree weather! it's really miraculous. i also like that by toning i can see everything that cleansing left behind.
the amount of product that's in the bottle is also ridiculous! SO much! i'll never finish it! and such a good price!
amazing product, and the burning only lasts a few minutes, but one lippie off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this as part of a 3-step system for super oily skin. I was on my quest for something that would work. This was NOT it. It made my face red and irritated. It seemed to create MORE acne. I gave it to my mom. She didn't love it. I think Clinique needs to lay off the alcohol! Now, I use a toner from Paula's Choice and it is a superior product that I recommend over Clinique.

on 7/7/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

LOVE this product. Please make sure to work up to the four never ever ever just go and buy it. You will wreck your skin. Having that said, after making insane amounts of oil, my skin needs daily and frequent exfoliation. The clarifying lotion is liquid exfoliation and not a toner. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, for my oily skin, and the breakouts will start soon after going up, but after the bad stuff, the good results will start! I love Clinique's 3 step, and feel like the products have helped me with my skin. I do have to change products from time to time, but I always come back to Clinique. It seems to go well with my topical prescription products, which my derm is aware of my skin routine. She thumbs up anything that works for the individual. So just make sure to ask for a consult for their 3 step, and you will be lead to products that are great for acne proned skin ,but makes good skin ...absolutely beautiful