Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.7

on 8/7/2016 11:50:00 AM

I bought "Beyond Flawless" Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow palette containing (I believe) 32 eyeshadows. I thought priced at £8 it was a bargain for the variety of shades, featuring several nudes, rose pinks and browns. However the quality of this product is a real let down. They are not highly pigmented at all - I feel like I would have to use the whole lot to have any sort of colour show up on my eyelids. The lighter shades perhaps create a very slight shimmer however the dark colours look more like a light bruise than eyeshadow. The product also actually smells like a paint palette rather than a palette of eyeshadows so that wasn't very pleasant.

I regret having bought this product although will try to use it again. However I would recommend instead of spending a little amount for a very low quality product I would invest in a palette by brand such as Urban Decay or ABH instead.

on 8/2/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anything I own from makeup revolution is of low quality, especially the eyeshadows. Very disappointing. I don't get the hype

on 7/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

No way was I convinced the Makeup Revolution palettes would be good.

They were Spectra Fashion to Forester Creations, doing dupes and knockoffs and selling for low prices. No way, it was going to be bad. But I decided to try it.

Omg. OMG, OMMMMGGGGGGG!!!

The shades were incredibly pigmented and long lasting. Compared to Urban Decay, the shades lasted a little less longer (we're talking maybe an hour or to less) but the pigments were almost equal in intensity. Some shades fell a little under the belt, but some actually were more pigmented.

The price is fantastic value for money. How many of us dish out $70-$100 for a palette and think nothing of it? *guilty*. And then Makeup Revolution come in and sell palettes for $10 and make you start to question how much the bigger brands are really taking us all for a ride.

The packaging is not so great, and neither is the brush (actually the brush is awful, just turf it). But that's not why I'm buying the product. I'm all for the shades themselves and they do not disappoint.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are okay. As long as you use a good eyeshadow primer, they don't crease and look pretty pigmented, but there's always A LOT of fall out. I'd buy them again due to the price and due to the fact that they still look good (but other eyeshadows are better, like Urban Decay or Too Faced).
You get what you pay for, but for the price, these are solid.

on 7/26/2016 6:41:00 AM

This is my second experience with a Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette and this time it's the "FAST LOVE" palette. It comes in a very simple, yet elegant case with 10 matte and 22 shimmery shadows.

The shadows did not seem very pigmented and the matte ones didn't show on the eyelids at all. I had to use quite a large portion for my eyeshadow to look visible. I believe they will show better on the eyelids with a bit of concealer/ primers but I would highly recommend the other Makeup Revolution palettes over this any time.

on 4/16/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've revelled in the pigmented, alchemical delights of many of the top brands since my early teens. And now I discover Makeup Revolution, no misnomer for me.

Pros

I care about how makeup can enhance me, not packaging:
but if you care for such things, the packaging of these palettes is beautiful, weighty, shuts nicely and firmly, looks expensive, feels expensive & luxurious.

The pigmentation:
is very good and far better than Bobbi Brown, whose pigmentation I despair of in eye shadows. And of course Bobbi is far, far more expensive, overcharges I think to an absurd extent for what one gets.

The wear:
For me all day, even under my eyes which can fall out after application, look very messy etc.
These last all day with me and stay nicely in place and don't seem to highlight any incipient lines either.

The colour choice:
Beautiful and extensive.

Price
Dirt cheap, they're almost giving them away, equivalent to a cheap, supermarket box of chocolates and sometimes cheaper than a chocolate bar when on offer, such as a recent offer of a gorgeous palette for £3.

I bought two palettes, the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Flawless Matte £8 and the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Beyond Flawless £8 and so now to last me for years. These have delighted me. They're both gorgeous and I certainly won't need to buy eyeshadow from anyone else, no matter what the gimmick of the high end brands, these feel luxurious, look luxurious - one can spoil oneself - & one's friends, for less than a quarter of other brands.

Edit: To all who wish to get value for money for their beauty pounds, I've noticed that many high end makeup palettes and other beauty products have their almost exact counterpoints made by makeup revolution at less than a quarter of the so called luxury brands. We all know that luxury is a perception rather than a tangible bonus, a perception that costs one 100% mark up at Bond Street retailers & other prestigious locations in London, meaning that one pays merely for the idea of luxury & prestige. Does the idea that you have paid 100% mark up on the true cost of a product make you feel happier or look prettier? My experience is that makeup revolution offers very similar products without this very greedy mark up in price, as do quite a few other manufacturers.

on 4/3/2016 3:03:00 PM

This review is for the new-trals vs neutrals palette. I am in LOVE!!!! I love how it was.. maybe $10, comes with a brush and has a ton of on trend colors. So far I have used the red, copper and pink tones. One time I even had naked 3 out in case I needed to add more color but was so surprised by the shimmery rose color I immediately put away naked 3. Unfortunately Ulta only has a limited selection in store but i'm interested and impressed enough to buy the chocolate palettes online as well as their brand new palette. If you're into neutrals, especially the new trendy ones (rose, copper./orange, red) I definitely suggest you try this!

RUN BOY RUN PALETTE

I tend to prefer my mid-end eyeshadow palettes over drugstore ones, but today I decided to reach for this one for a lid color. I tried to contour my outer V with the darkest shade in my Lorac Unzipped palette, but the color was so sheer and powdery I gave up and went with the dark brown shade in this palette. I couldn't believe how pigmented it is! The shimmery shadows almost have a gel-like texture that makes them stick to the lid so much better than other formulas I've tried, and the mattes are subtle but perfect as transition shades. I'm very happy with the look I came up with, and I didn't need to use any other palette.

Don't underestimate this brand because it's drugstore, everything I own from them works terrifically, save for a dud here and there. This palette is amazing, I recommend it to all neutral lovers.

I wanted a dupe for the naked palletes since im a college student who cant bring herself to spend $50 on eyeshadows. I heard the iconic palettes were decent dupes. I think i own the iconic 2 palette. Its decent. The only other eyeshadow palette ive ever owned is from an Estee Lauder holiday gift set. These shadows look pretty but they wear off and crease quickly throughout the day. I can notice a difference in quality between this and my Estee Lauder palette a lot. The makeup revolution colors tend to be a bit too glittery/shimmery for me to create natural looks with. Theres not many matte shades and the ones they do have are a bit chalky.