Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the Iconic 3 Redemption palette! The colors are SO pigmented! I wish there were more matte shades and some of the shimmery shades are literally just glitter. I wish those shades were pure shimmer shades, not loose glitter. There are some shades in the palette that I never use, such as the first shimmery color on the very left, since it's just loose glitter. But other than that, this is a very good palette.

Review for normal eyelids: Well this palette is super inexpensive! At ultra it's around seven bucks I believe? Anyway the color payoff is good but you must prime you're lids if not the eyeshadow will literally go everywhere and not look as right. I bought this palette around 7 months ago and I never reached for it again just because of how messy and chalky it is. But if I didn't have my Lorac pro palette I may use this..? But totally great if you're trying to dupe the NAKED palette! Colors are amazing but you must go light handed.

on 9/23/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A LITTLE STORY TIME
time:
Eyeshadows are one of the important things for me and i really maintain good quality eyeshadows. I don't have and have never used high end shadows, but i know what they should be like.
Before i bought my Iconic 3 palette, i read a lot of reviews, here in the MUA and Ulta (most of the reviews in youtube and blogs are sponsored. by the way...)
There is various opinions- some like their iconic range and write that is almost as good as high end ones, others don't. And to not risk and not storage another unuseful makeup item i didn't buy it then. After months i started wondering, again, if i would like the eyshadows. So i ended up buying it.
THE ACTUAL REVIEW:
The colors are beautiful. I love matte shadows and there is 3 in 12- color palette. Others are sparkly/ glittery you know(really can't describe ) The texture is really good. It is quite silky and soft, kind a greasy and that is why these eyeshadows are easy to blend. 3,4 of the colors are a bit chalky, but not much. They are ok.
The pigmentation is bag. I always use a primer(a cheap one- Avon) every time i put eyeshadows on. Normally i softly touch the brush to the shadow. With this 'technique' and MUR's palette my eye makeup ends up looking muddy and the colors doesn't differs from each other. To not look these colors the same on my eyelids i should take a lot more product on the brush or build up the color.
I already said that the colors blends beautifully.
These eye shadows with that Avon's primer last a 5-6 hours on my (very) oily eyelids, after that it doesn't look so good, a bit messy and muddy. That can be fixed using better primer like UD's or applying a translucent powder after eyeshadows.
Bought this for 8,9 dollars. Will continue using it. Especially for the price is awesome. The problems with these eyeshadow can be fixed so if you want something cheap, good and presentable- buy it.
I am not quite sure if i will buy more MUR's eyeshadow palettes...
Will keep you for updates.
Sorry for my English.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This review is for the New-trals vs Neutrals it is my first eyeshadow palette from MakeUpRevolution. So very pretty colors, smooth buttery eyeshadow I never use primer and still looks nice after 8 hours of wear. I have sensitive and dry eyelids and this is also nice for us older ladies. Price is also affordable and quality is good, nice brush and good mirror.

on 8/25/2016 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This eyeshadow is well pigmented and gorgeous. At £4, I was expecting a cheap quality product, but that is not the case! The colours are good, and now I turn to makeup revolution for eyeshadow!

on 8/7/2016 11:50:00 AM

I bought "Beyond Flawless" Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow palette containing (I believe) 32 eyeshadows. I thought priced at £8 it was a bargain for the variety of shades, featuring several nudes, rose pinks and browns. However the quality of this product is a real let down. They are not highly pigmented at all - I feel like I would have to use the whole lot to have any sort of colour show up on my eyelids. The lighter shades perhaps create a very slight shimmer however the dark colours look more like a light bruise than eyeshadow. The product also actually smells like a paint palette rather than a palette of eyeshadows so that wasn't very pleasant.

I regret having bought this product although will try to use it again. However I would recommend instead of spending a little amount for a very low quality product I would invest in a palette by brand such as Urban Decay or ABH instead.

on 8/2/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anything I own from makeup revolution is of low quality, especially the eyeshadows. Very disappointing. I don't get the hype

on 7/26/2016 6:41:00 AM

This is my second experience with a Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette and this time it's the "FAST LOVE" palette. It comes in a very simple, yet elegant case with 10 matte and 22 shimmery shadows.

The shadows did not seem very pigmented and the matte ones didn't show on the eyelids at all. I had to use quite a large portion for my eyeshadow to look visible. I believe they will show better on the eyelids with a bit of concealer/ primers but I would highly recommend the other Makeup Revolution palettes over this any time.

on 7/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

No way was I convinced the Makeup Revolution palettes would be good.

They were Spectra Fashion to Forester Creations, doing dupes and knockoffs and selling for low prices. No way, it was going to be bad. But I decided to try it.

Omg. OMG, OMMMMGGGGGGG!!!

The shades were incredibly pigmented and long lasting. Compared to Urban Decay, the shades lasted a little less longer (we're talking maybe an hour or to less) but the pigments were almost equal in intensity. Some shades fell a little under the belt, but some actually were more pigmented.

The price is fantastic value for money. How many of us dish out $70-$100 for a palette and think nothing of it? *guilty*. And then Makeup Revolution come in and sell palettes for $10 and make you start to question how much the bigger brands are really taking us all for a ride.

The packaging is not so great, and neither is the brush (actually the brush is awful, just turf it). But that's not why I'm buying the product. I'm all for the shades themselves and they do not disappoint.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.