Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad at all for the price. Most of these shadows are pretty versatile and pigmented. Also the fact that they're strategically placed so that they can be combined in groups of two, three and four is a really nice touch.
That being said, this is another brown/beige/gold/nude palette. You can find tons of those on the market nowadays at all price points. For its price this one is really nice but of course there are some far superior, if also pricier, alternatives out there so it may be more worth it to save and hold out for one of those.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT - I recently switched eyeshadow primers - I am now currently using the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. I have used this palette once since switching primers & I have got to say that the shadows did not fade on me AT ALL with the Milani primer. I have also recently picked up a few of the Maybelline Color Tattoos & I think they really help the shades in this palette pop!! I think I like this palette even more with the Milani primer & the color tattoos! :)

I really like this palette! I wanted the Blushed Nudes to be my favourite because I have a thing for the rosy tones but this one is my favorite of the Maybelline palettes that I own (don't buy the Brights, it's awful - not that you can get it anymore anyway). I find the pigmentation on this to be a little hit & miss but I can get it to work well for the natural looks I am going for. I find myself always going back to this palette. The one downfall of it is that I do find it to fade on me but that could be the eye primer I am using with it (Essence's I <3 stage shadow base - I am considering switching to a different primer when I run out of that one to see if I can improve on the staying power). Personally, it does exactly what I need it to. I love this little drugstore palette! :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-Colours work amazingly together: see back of pack for tips on how to blend/smokey eye
-Each colour is amazing for a different purpose on its own! For example, I use the bright white in the corners of my eye to look awake. I've used the black to fill in my eyebrows once too. XD
-Lasts a long time
-Works as both sheer and pigmented

Cons:
-PRICE

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

.............. Pigmentation???.............. where are you?.............
The colors are so me!!!
But even my best primer & RT brushes couldn't help..
First, I need to put on concealer in all over my lids, and then I have to put bunch of primer on... and even use my own finger to put on this baby............. (I'm NC20 tbh... I use shade porcelain in foundation, couldn't even help this baby to show up!)

But I am going to try the blushed one! because having maybelline thingy are so addicting hahaha... ok to have but not to use =(

*edit : I have to use ring lights so this baby could show up!

Much better color payoff than the blushed nudes palette. Slightly chalky but also more creamy than said palette. Great options for different looks-extremely smokey or everyday styles are available due to its range of shades. 3 highlight shades, 1 black. 5 browns with varying degrees of flecks of sparkles, shimmer, deepness and cool/warm tones, proving it's universal capabilities for different people's skin. The pretty gold and the smokey fire colors near the middle are great for smokey eyes. I particularly enjoy the matter shades: the 2 top right, 1 highlight in the middle top row, and the true brown on the bottom row, second from the left. I recreate Kylie JENNER looks on Stanly with this. Overall, cheap pricepoint for fairly fine pigmentation with some building up layers required. Cool gift idea for an older teen.

Awfull awfull awfull. This was my first time trying a drugstore palette and I hated it, the youtube beauty gurus were right lol. First off, it's SOOO chalky. The pigmentation is barely there on the shiny colors, but the cool toned colors are very pigmented but when applied are still very chalky. I found that when to apply the shiny colors, since they are not pigmented at all, apply with fingers, that will give a better color payment, but still it was to me a thumbs down. Too bad since I was very excited about it because the colors looked beautiful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I would totally rebuy this again (& did coz I lost it. My room eats MU!). I got this & blushed nudes & I should've bought them sooner is all I can say! If you don't have this palette & u collect nude palettes ur collection is incomplete w/o this! Ifs only $11 & btw blushed nudes is not exclusive to Walmart I got both of mine at Kroger. Now I'm thinking about the smoked & rock palettes coz I'm so impressed! Bravo to Maybelline for throwing ur hat into the ring & being the best DS eyeshadows (except I do love elf e/s but it's kind of hard to get unless u go to a store w an elf carousel not a lot of DS have elf around my area. Anyhoo.) if you like this u would really love elf 144 neutral palette, BH Cosmetics 88 Neutral, & Coastal Scents 88 Warm. I rewrote my review I take it all back the negative stuff i'm a baebelline! I've been buying a lot of Maybelline lately & it's a super good brand & I have access to a good display of it (not been ravaged to bits like the Ulta NYX display is by a bunch of tweakers), I'm buying about 1/3 DS makeup ratio to high end i guess I could say. I spent $200 on DS MU in the recent past. I know really it's like how do u spend $200 on MU let alone DS MU "do u get what u pay for?" I think Maybelline has done some major overhauling & revamping of their line first of all it was a brand that never interested me but now I'm finding I am quite happy w my recent DS purchases but yes I am happier w what I get from Sephora but I'm discovering a lot of DS gems lately. I've been lucky! Ok this palette is a beautiful mix of nudetral shades which I'm sure ev1 is aware that this is based on the colors of brown. All of the colors complement each other so well, the packaging it needs a mirror but omg the little information printed on the back just so useful!! It tells you how to group the colors into duo's, trios & quads or alternately a few shades could be "one-&-done" (worn solo). I can't imagine this friendly little bugger offending any1's sensibilities at a mere $11 + a few Ei in coins (that's tax!!), if you don't have this already go to Ulta & use the $3.50 off $15 coupon (it's printed in the Sunday's circular but just courteously & ask if they could be so gracious as to give u the coupon & im sure if the register person will do it for you, if not then politely & discreetly ask to talk to the store manager). This palette goes w any coloring of skintone I'm NC20 myself & find that I prefer urban decay to this but I mean for-cryin-in-the-beer this is $11! UD is $54! & now Maybelline has duped the UD Naked dual ended eyeliner pencils as well. Score another for Maybelline! At just weighing in at over $11 retail this is the most expensive of Maybelline's offerings which is amazing even w the extensive print & media campaigns can still remain budget-friendly. Products I would put with this: black liquid eyeliner, Fuschia lipstick/lipliner, black mascara, u can use this palette to fill in brows & as a liner as well as there's a black shade that is tremendously fierce when applied wet w the sponge tip applicators. Am I the only kid now who still appreciates a fine sponge tip applicator?! I know I'm a savage when it comes to tools I'm basically living in the paleo Dino era coz I'm the only individual who likes them.

Anyways get your grubby paws on this palette! U need a DS pick-me-up!! :-)

I love this! I use almost all of the colors. I use the lower far right for eyeliner when wet, the upper far right is perfect as eyebrow color, the upper fourth is great lower lid color ,upper far left, highlighter and inner eye, and upper fifth and lower second great eyelid color. These have no fallout as my beloved NYX, Love in Paris, do.

This palette was okay. I liked how it was really pigmented, but I like neutral palettes to have a lot of lights, and there were too many darks. There was a shade that perfectly matched my eyebrows, so I liked that. However, these palettes get really messy fast, and the shadows are not blendable. But they are still really nicely pigmented. So, this palette is okay, but I want to try some other ones.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just picked up this palette about a week ago because it was on sale. I like the colors, but some of them are hard to see on my skin. Even when used with a primer, they didn't show very well. I will continue to use until it is gone, as I liked it I just don't LOVE it. It won't be a staple in my makeup collection.