LORAC Pro Palette 2

LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.6

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

This is the only palette I own that I have actually "hit pan" on. I am fair skinned with cool - neutral undertones. All of the shades are creamy, blend with ease, and there are a lot of ways to make flattering combinations. This is my go-to for work because I am in a professional setting and I can easily put something classy yet dynamic together. I often choose not to use an eyeshadow primer with my eyeshadow because most of the primers I have tried make my shadow blotchy or can be difficult to blend. This was my experience with the mini primer included. So my one complaint with the shadows is that they start fading about four hours into the day. By the end of the work day they still look flattering, but it is noticable that they are not as "vibrant and fresh" as early on. I understand some might read this and say "yeah because you don't have primer on, bozo" and that's a fair argument but if you are like me and choose to forgo primer this may be your experience. Otherwise lovely palette and great value.

on 7/20/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

May I profess my love for this palette? So few eyeshadow palettes are made for us cool toned girls! Everyone wants nude conservative palettes...I get it but us cool toned ladies rock color like nobody's business! In the Lorac 2 there is a color for every eye look I want to accomplish except for the pinky nude/mauve look. And of course, I have enough shadow for that..no worries here. Also, gosh dang it the shimmers are perfect! Very classy.

A tip: these colors are so strongly pigmented there is NO need for a sticky intense primer like a glitter glue primer. Made that mistake yesterday because I wanted my navy to pop and they didn't work together well. Also, don't throw tomatoes at me but the Lorac primer that comes with the palette is junk. I wore it two days in a row and got eyelid pimples?...what the heck? Eyelid pimples? I will stick with my WetnWild Fergie primer...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently bought a shed-load of new makeup and had told myself I was going to "scale back". HA - whom am I trying to fool? LORAC is no longer available in Canada but the fella and I went cross border shopping last weekend and I just had to get this palette. It has been on my radar for quite some time and I wasn't really sure whether to get the first palette or this one til I saw them both in-store, and then the decision was easy when I saw them side by side. Compared to the first Pro palette, this one has more cool toned neutrals though it is still well-balanced - neither too cool nor too warm.

Despite having just bought the new Kat von D Shade+Light palette, which I thought would be a perfect travel palette, Pro2 has already eclipsed that. For starters, it has a LOT of eyeshadows - SIXTEEN to choose from. The variety of finishes (mattes and shimmer) is right up my alley - I love some shimmer in almost any eye look and it's the one criticism I have of the KvD palette (and I realize that it was meant to be an all matte palette but I still miss a bit of shimmer). And I love that there is a bit of colour in this palette, in the form of the Navy and Plum shades and that really does make this perfect for travelling - you honestly do not need to take a single other eyeshadow and as much as I love my Naked palettes, that isn't something I can say about them. The packaging on the LORAC palette, while cardboard, is thin and sleek. No room for a brush or pencil (it would be nice) but it's not a deal breaker.

I find the texture of these shadows to be excellent - they apply smoothly and blend nicely and the finish is flattering even on these old eyelids. I use Snow, a bright, frosted white, on the inner corners and at first, it is rather shockingly white AND shiny but a gentle flick of the brush and it blends so that what is left is just a brightening bit of lightness. I very much like the shadow primer that came with this in a small sample size as it too is perfect for travel. And I also have to say that I love the fact that LORAC shadows have such practical names - Navy, Light Brown, Charcoal, etc. Names like "Chinois" or "Ursa Major" or "Samael" may sound interesting but they sure don't tell you what the heck the colour is, so YAY for names that are down to earth for a change!

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Between this and my pro1 I mostly reach for my pro1. These colors are more on the cool tone. I feel like I only swatched and use some but there's not dent in my usage on this. although the quality is nice and pigmented I just like the pro1 more. I may sell mine.

on 6/28/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the original LORAC Pro Palette and I love it so much but it's full of browns and golds. I got this palette because there are some very exciting colors that can be used for night outs and some neutrals for everyday. People are so going to hate me for this but this palette is probably more versatile than the first one, at least to me. If you like playing with colors then you will love this palette, but if you're a beginner and you want to play it safe then I recommend getting the original LORAC Pro Palette. I love playing with colors and most of the time after a long hard day at work I do hang out with friends at a nice restaurant or a bar and I just need to layer on a little bit of color for that occasion. I don't like to start from scratch for both of the occasion but I do need to look appropriate for both work and night outs, this brings me to my next point. This eyeshadows are CRAZY LONG LASTING! This one time I forgot to apply primer and they lasted a 8 hrs. I just feel like I reach for this palette more often than all of my other palettes. This includes the overrated Urban Decay Naked palettes, such a waste of my hard earned money. After getting both of the LORAC Pro Palettes I regret getting the naked palettes, they have been sitting at a corner in my dresser gathering dust.
These are crazy pigmented and buttery. I barely need to touch the shadows with my brush.

Look for work:
I start by applying the LORAC Behind-The-Scenes primer.
I apply Buff from my lid to my brow bone to set the primer. Then I apply Lt.Brown on my crease with a fluffy blending brush and a little above as a transition shade. I apply Cool Grey with a dense pencil brush on my crease and outer V. To darken that color I apply Charcoal on top of the Cool Grey lightly. I blend the colors with a fluffy blending brush.
I apply Buff again on my inner corner and my eyelids avoiding the area where I applied the previous colors I also apply it on my brow bone as a highlight. Sometimes I take a defining brush and apply the color Black on my outer V. To make my eyes appear brighter, I apply the color Rose on my inner corner. After that I just apply some liner and mascara and I am ready to go.

Look for night outs:
When I don't want to start from scratch I apply the color Navy, Plum or Rose on my lid, the exact same place where I applied Buff.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the eye shadows, they're so creamy and so pigmented. Dipping your brush in once is just enough. Don't put too much on your brush bc even if you put too little you could easily build it up. My only beef with these shadows are that they have super powder and the shadows go everywhere like not on your eyes but in the palette. The shadow goes everywhere but its worth it.

on 5/28/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was writing another palette review and I realized that I pretty much compare everything to this amazing, amazing palette.

This is my first LORAC eyeshadow purchase, and I bought it on a whim at Ulta while grabbing some of the Tantalizer self-tanner (another HG from LORAC). I don't know why I hadn't tried their shadows sooner, because texturally they're absolutely the best I've ever used.

Nothing applies like these shadows; they're phenomenal and they're so smooth and easy to use that it actually takes me less time to apply my makeup in the morning. Blending is a breeze. The matte shades may be a little too soft for some but I love them. Some of the shimmers/satins are a bit sheer at first (mainly the greenish one and the aubergine shade) but can be built up without harsh lines, and the rest are so pigmented it's insane. The colors go well with my fair, cool skin and dark hair, but I can see how it would be a little weird if you don't usually go with jeweltones for makeup. I pretty much stick to neutrals for work and then either line or accent with the colors if I'm feeling jazzy.

My favorite palette by a long shot, and the reason I'll be buying more LORAC.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot to rave about Chrome. Chrome is the best warm mauvey-taupe ever...it's pretty much Satin Taupe on 'roids. It wears like iron.

on 5/20/2015 2:57:00 PM

Love this palette. Love the mix of mattes and shimmers. Packaging makes it great for travelling!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I feel this is one of the few times I have ever disagreed with the reviews on here and with the reviews from YouTube. I always trust vintageortacky's reviews, I absolutely love her channel. She said she preferred this palette over the first Lorac Pro palette; so that is why I reached for this one first.
I absolutely love Lorac cosmetics, I think it is my favorite high end brand. The pigmentation of this palette is FANTASTIC, nothing wrong with color payoff or quality.
But somehow, it is really hard to coordinate eye looks with the arrange of colors this palette provides.
Don't get me wrong, it has some BRILLIANT shades, but the pops of colors in this palette are somewhat off. There are just so many times where I can wear a deep blue or an intense silver. And how am I going to pair up those colors with the olive green or the soft orange transition shade?
The palette is just somehow hard for me to work with. I feel like with the first Lorac Pro I can come up with SO many color combos in a snap, and I can wear all its shades at any given time of the day. The Pro 2 is more of a night palette if that makes sense.
I feel this palette would be great for you if you have more expertise at makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love playing with makeup, so I have a lot of palettes. I like the Lorac Pro 2 palette, I think it is well-pigmented and pretty long-wearing, and very good value. I like the looks I can create with it. I always wear primer under the shadows, though, otherwise they go on pretty light and crease.

I feel that for my fair coloring and deep-set eyes, the original Lorac Pro palette is just much more wearable than this one. This one is great for formal styles or date night, but the original is one I can wear for that and for everyday.

The packaging is very sophisticated, but quite flimsy. When I go on trips, I leave it behind because I'm worried about it getting crushed.

Overall, Lorac Pro was a better choice for me. I probably would not repurchase 2 without a coupon, even though I like it.